Offseason Mock 3.0 for 2015

mattyb143224

Your score is: 5053 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 11 (MINN): Brandon Scherff, OT, Iowa (A)

Round 2 Pick 5: Jaelen Strong, WR, Arizona State (A-)

Round 2 Pick 10 (ATL): Maxx Williams, TE, Minnesota (A-)

Round 2 Pick 13 (MINN): Tre' Jackson, OG, Florida State ( B)

Round 3 Pick 6: Ramik Wilson, ILB, Georgia ( B)

Round 4 Pick 5: Kevin White, CB, TCU (B+)

Round 5 Pick 6: Javorius Allen, RB, Southern California (A)

Round 7 Pick 6: Jake Ryan, OLB, Michigan (A-)

Your score is: 5071 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 20 (PHI): La'el Collins, OT, LSU (A)

Round 2 Pick 5: Eli Harold, OLB, Virginia (B+)

Round 2 Pick 20 (PHI): Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor (B-)

Round 3 Pick 6: Derron Smith, FS, Fresno State (A)

Round 4 Pick 5: Javorius Allen, RB, Southern California (A-)

Round 5 Pick 6: Breshad Perriman, WR, UCF (A)

Round 7 Pick 6: Adam Shead, OG, Oklahoma (C+)

Restructure:

WR Percy Harvin [3 yrs. 24 mil]

Release:

RB Chris Johnson [3.5 mil free]

LB Jason Babin [2.5 mil free]

LB Calvin Pace [2 mil free]

Resign:

DL Damon Harrison [4 yrs. 20 mil]

FS Jaiqawn Jarrett [3 yrs.  9 mil]

RB Bilal Powell [3 yrs. 9 mil] 

Extend:

DL Mo Wilkerson [6 yrs. 65 mil] 

Free-Agency:

CB Darrelle Revis [4 yrs. 50 mil]

OG Orlando Franklin [4 yrs. 28 mil]

RB CJ Spiller [2 yrs. 8 mil]

MLB Brandon Spikes [2 yrs. 8 mil]

OLB Sam Acho [2 yrs. 8 mil]

OLB Brian Orakpo [1 yr. 5 mil]

QB Jake Locker [1 yr. 4 mil]

Draft:

1. QB Marcus Mariota

2. WR Dorial Green-Beckham 

3. MLB Eric Kendricks 

4. FS Curtis Drummond 

Please note:

This is under future cap, thus the cap is going up and players will be getting paid more. I will agree with you that we are over-paying for certain guys however in this scenario with our current cap situation and our league rules to spend a certain percentage of our cap this is not far from being a realistic spending with our cap situation. 

No way should the Jets give a #3 back and #2 possibly #3 FS 3 million a year. Might as well give the jobs to a late round or undrafted rookie RB and Curtis Drummond. I also wouldnt touch Dorial. He risked his career with stupidity and didnt even play this year because of it. To good a WR draft class to risk drafting him, especially after dropping the ball at the spot last year. 

Mariota may be a top 10 pick, but Beckham is considered a criminal who didnt play this year given such criminal activity. He's not a top 10 on anyones board, he blew that a long time ago.

The combine will be real important to him. Maybe not top ten due to his off field but he is going in the first round. Seattle already said they were interested in him. His film is outrageous. If he stood in college this year he would be 1st WR coming out of draft. He is a better receiver at his positon than Winston is at his.

The combine will be real important to him. Maybe not top ten due to his off field but he is going in the first round. Seattle already said they were interested in him. His film is outrageous. If he stood in college this year he would be 1st WR coming out of draft. He is a better receiver at his positon than Winston is at his.

The Combine is most definitely important but I dont think that Beckham will be drafted in the first couple rounds if he's even drafted. Think about it. Tyrann Mathieu dropped to the 3rd round just for a weed arrest. Not only was Beckham arrested for weed, but he was alleged to be part of an incident where he pushed himself into a home and pushed a girl down some stairs. A witness was scared to talk with police and they think it was because of retaliation from Beckham. 

Now Im the first to say that you're innocent until proven guilty, but the NFL also isn't the justice system, and whether innocent or guilty I dont see any team taking a chance on drafting the next Aaron Hernandez with that much writing on the wall. With all of the violence that has been catching headlines, especially with the push to eliminate domestic abuse the last thing I see a team doing is drafting a guy in the early rounds who may have pushed a female down a flight of stairs and threatened another with harm. If he's drafted anywhere in the first 2 rounds I'd be absolutely shocked...and it better not be by the Jets. 

And thats not a shot at his talent, dude looks like Calvin Johnson lite. But if he's possibly this reckless I simply dont know how you can trust that. 

The Combine is most definitely important but I dont think that Beckham will be drafted in the first couple rounds if he's even drafted. Think about it. Tyrann Mathieu dropped to the 3rd round just for a weed arrest. Not only was Beckham arrested for weed, but he was alleged to be part of an incident where he pushed himself into a home and pushed a girl down some stairs. A witness was scared to talk with police and they think it was because of retaliation from Beckham. 

Now Im the first to say that you're innocent until proven guilty, but the NFL also isn't the justice system, and whether innocent or guilty I dont see any team taking a chance on drafting the next Aaron Hernandez with that much writing on the wall. With all of the violence that has been catching headlines, especially with the push to eliminate domestic abuse the last thing I see a team doing is drafting a guy in the early rounds who may have pushed a female down a flight of stairs and threatened another with harm. If he's drafted anywhere in the first 2 rounds I'd be absolutely shocked...and it better not be by the Jets. I hear you but I am going to give you an example. Lawrence Phillips was a 1st round pick and number 6th pick in the draft with all his off field problems. I know what is going on in the league today but you know one organization will pick him. I want you to research some mock drafts. 4 out of 5 mockshas him in the first round. CBS rob Rang and Scout Daniel Jeremiah are two of them. He will be drafted in the first round unless h bombs at the combine.  

I hear you but I am going to give you an example. Lawrence Phillips was a 1st round pick and number 6th pick in the draft with all his off field problems. I know what is going on in the league today but you know one organization will pick him. I want you to research some mock drafts. 4 out of 5 mockshas him in the first round. CBS rob Rang and Scout Daniel Jeremiah are two of them. He will be drafted in the first round unless h bombs at the combine.  

Lawrence Phillips was drafted 20 years ago in a league that was much different from today for many reasons. #1, In 1996 Running Backs were much more coveted then they are today, and though WR's today are coveted as much as RB's were 20 years ago, having such experiences such as a Lawrence Phillips 20 years ago, and receivers like Aaron Hernandez and Justin Blackman in recent memory, I cannot see a General Manager taking a risk with their Job for a kid, like Phillips in Beckham, being a classic "high risk/high reward" player, not when you have to pass on other quality WR's to do so. This Draft is loaded at the WR position, probably not as deep as last year, but this class is legit. Even if the top 3 or 4 WR's are off the board in the first round, I just can't see any team passing on a Sammie Coates, Devin Smith, Ty Montgomery, Phillip Dorsett, Justin Hardy, or a Devin Funchess (If looking for height) to draft a guy who didnt play last year because of his serious past. If I was a GM I would need to feel absolutely confident when using a 1st round/2nd round pick and signing a player to a multi million dollar contract to be possibly the face of the franchise, and not for the wrong reasons. His talent warrants 1 first round grade for sure, Lawrence Phillips and more notably Aaron Hernandez, Justin Blackmon has shown that the character of a player will be considered much more. Mathieu can tell us all about it. 

Your score is: 5071 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 20 (PHI): La'el Collins, OT, LSU (A)

Round 2 Pick 5: Eli Harold, OLB, Virginia (B+)

Round 2 Pick 20 (PHI): Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor (B-)

Round 3 Pick 6: Derron Smith, FS, Fresno State (A)

Round 4 Pick 5: Javorius Allen, RB, Southern California (A-)

Round 5 Pick 6: Breshad Perriman, WR, UCF (A)

Round 7 Pick 6: Adam Shead, OG, Oklahoma (C+)

Your score is: 7232 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 9 (NYG): Vic Beasley, OLB, Clemson (A+)

Round 2 Pick 5: Landon Collins, SS, Alabama (A+)

Round 2 Pick 8 (NYG): Jay Ajayi, RB, Boise State (B+)

Round 3 Pick 6: Devin Smith, WR, Ohio State (A)

Round 4 Pick 5: Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor (B)

Round 7 Pick 6: Stefon Diggs, WR, Maryland (A+)

Round 7 Pick 7: Malcolm Agnew, RB, Southern Illinois (A)

Your score is: 6958 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 11 (MINN): Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon (A)

Round 2 Pick 5: Shaq Thompson, OLB/ILB, Washington (A-)

Round 2 Pick 13 (MINN): Dorial Green-Beckham, WR, Oklahoma (A)

Round 3 Pick 6: Jay Ajayi, RB, Boise State (A)

Round 4 Pick 5: Rob Havenstein, OT, Wisconsin (B+)

Round 4 Pick 11 (MINN): Senquez Golson, CB, Ole Miss ( B)

Round 7 Pick 6: Stefon Diggs, WR, Maryland (B+)

Round 7 Pick 7: Kyle Loomis, P, Portland State (A)

Your score is: 5214 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 8 (ATL): Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama (A)

Round 2 Pick 5: Ereck Flowers, OT, Miami (Fla.) (A)

Round 2 Pick 7 (CHI): Eli Harold, OLB, Virginia (B+)

Round 2 Pick 10 (ATL): Arik Armstead, DE, Oregon (A-)

Round 3 Pick 6: Jaelen Strong, WR, Arizona State (A)

Round 4 Pick 5: Kevin White, CB, TCU (B+)

Round 5 Pick 6: Javorius Allen, RB, Southern California (A)

Round 7 Pick 6: Blake Bell, TE, Oklahoma (C+)

Your score is: 5053 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 11 (MINN): Brandon Scherff, OT, Iowa (A)

Round 2 Pick 5: Jaelen Strong, WR, Arizona State (A-)

Round 2 Pick 10 (ATL): Maxx Williams, TE, Minnesota (A-)

Round 2 Pick 13 (MINN): Tre' Jackson, OG, Florida State ( B)

Round 3 Pick 6: Ramik Wilson, ILB, Georgia ( B)

Round 4 Pick 5: Kevin White, CB, TCU (B+)

Round 5 Pick 6: Javorius Allen, RB, Southern California (A)

Round 7 Pick 6: Jake Ryan, OLB, Michigan (A-)

where are you getting these?

where are you getting these?

http://www.first-pick.com/Default.aspx

It's a BLAST! I keep posting when I get a high score so when the Draft rolls around I can refer back to some of the moves I made' Try it... you'll like it.

Your score is: 5088 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 9 (NYG): Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama (A)

Round 2 Pick 5: Ereck Flowers, OT, Miami (Fla.) (A)

Round 2 Pick 9 (STL): Eli Harold, OLB, Virginia (A-)

Round 3 Pick 6: Kevin Johnson, CB, Wake Forest (A-)

Round 3 Pick 10 (NYG): Jay Ajayi, RB, Boise State (A)

Round 4 Pick 5: Laken Tomlinson, OG, Duke (A-)

Round 5 Pick 6: Jeff Heuerman, TE, Ohio State (A)

Round 7 Pick 6: James Sample, SS, Louisville (C+)

Here's my mock draft from

http://www.first-pick.com/NFL/DraftGame.aspx

Traded down with KC... getting their 1st(18) 2nd(17) 3rd (16) AND their 2016 #1

Your score is: 4681 (GRADE: B+)

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 18 (K.C.): T.J. Clemmings, OT, Pittsburgh (A)

Round 2 Pick 5: Markus Golden, OLB, Missouri  B

Round 2 Pick 17 (K.C.): Devin Funchess, WR, Michigan (A)

Round 3 Pick 6: Senquez Golson, CB, Ole Miss (A)

Round 3 Pick 16 (K.C.): Ameer Abdullah, RB, Nebraska (A)

Round 4 Pick 5: Adrian Amos, FS, Penn State (D)

Round 5 Pick 6: Sean Mannion, QB, Oregon State  C

Round 7 Pick 6: Blake Bell, TE, Oklahoma (C+)

Your Future Picks:

2016 Round 1 Pick (K.C.)

2016 Round 1 Pick

2017 Round 1 Pick

That is a stupid trade that would never happen, there is no one available at  the jets pick that is worth that haul.

I like your picks, specially Bell, but I don't see how he lasts that long.

Bradford (somehow) starting is about as close to excited as I could get about this team in 2015. However with extreme caution considering he's made of glass. Locker would be my second choice out of the extremely underwhelming bunch.

St. Louis has all but said they're not cutting Bradford. It's not like they have an alternative either

St. Louis has all but said they're not cutting Bradford. It's not like they have an alternative either

Bradford will probably rework his deal so that he gets most of the money but spread out over two years.  Take the 16mill he has now and give him a two year 12mill deal with 4 mill SB and 2 mill salary this year and 6mill next with incentives that could bring it back up. The incentives will be of the NLTBE variety as he did not play enough this year. So that they can get him this year for a 6mill cap hit plus the 4mill that is left from his original SB for a cap hit of 10 mill this year.

Archived