I've come to my senses!

Jetster

As all of you know I've been screaming from the mountain tops to sign Suh & create the NY Sack exchange Part II.

With Bowles coming in & saying he'll play what fits the defense best I've changed my stance.

What the Jets REALLY NEED on defense & a revamping of our LBs.

Bowles won't use Coples as a stand up LB like Rex did, he'll have him with his hand in the dirt.

The Jets need to put a full court press on 2 of the best LBs available in free agency to increase the speed of this defense within 15 yards of the LOS.

This is where we go KILLED last year & why we were so bad on 3rd downs. Nobody ever made a play in the short area of the field.

So, while stealing Houston from KC would be a huge coup & put us over the top, I just don't see KC not franchising him even if they have to lose other players.

So for the price of Houston we could probably sign 2 FA LBs that hit the market.

If we did sign 2 who would you want them to be. Having smart veteran LBs is a must to have a great defense. Is there a college LB that you guys that follow college ball think would be worth a high pick?

I just think there won't be any top of the line corners available so we might as well fix what we can & increase the speed of our front 7.

What say ye?

I've been saying for quite awhile the key to this offseason is the LBers on D and the Oline on O.  Our LB corps is by far the slowest in the league. We need to cut bait on Pace, Babin & Harris. Would love to sign Houston as he's a difference maker , if not perhaps we can bring in Orapko and Acho. Bottom line we need speed at LB . For the Oline we need to replace Colon and we definitely need depth. I've seen one idea mentioned out there that is intriguing to me - shifting Mangold to G and let Freeman start at C, plus we should definitely look to sign Iupati/Franklin/Barksdale in FA and draft some Oline depth.

I wouldn't want Suh. The guy is psychotic and is just a bad guy. He deliberately stepped on Aaron Rodgers and while I would really like someone to step on Tom Brady's face, I would prefer it to be a Jet player NOT a hired thug. I would keep Harris and move him to strong side where Pace plays and move Davis to MLB. I would then draft a speedy LB but NOT spend a boatload of money on Houston or Orakpo. The offense is where we need to spend money and on a cornerback. The LB corps can hold the fort for one more year. It won't be a playoff year anyway so let's rebuild this thing smart and not make knee jerk reactions.

Doesn't Bowles runs a 3-4?

It's early but very impressed watching Vic Beasley at DraftBreakDown.  Sturdy at the point for a smaller player, but unmatched first step.

In the later rounds Danielle Hunter, LSU. 

We have the horses to pressure the middle. We need the edge to collapse the pocket

As all of you know I've been screaming from the mountain tops to sign Suh & create the NY Sack exchange Part II.

With Bowles coming in & saying he'll play what fits the defense best I've changed my stance.

What the Jets REALLY NEED on defense & a revamping of our LBs.

Bowles won't use Coples as a stand up LB like Rex did, he'll have him with his hand in the dirt.

The Jets need to put a full court press on 2 of the best LBs available in free agency to increase the speed of this defense within 15 yards of the LOS.

This is where we go KILLED last year & why we were so bad on 3rd downs. Nobody ever made a play in the short area of the field.

So, while stealing Houston from KC would be a huge coup & put us over the top, I just don't see KC not franchising him even if they have to lose other players.

So for the price of Houston we could probably sign 2 FA LBs that hit the market.

If we did sign 2 who would you want them to be. Having smart veteran LBs is a must to have a great defense. Is there a college LB that you guys that follow college ball think would be worth a high pick?

I just think there won't be any top of the line corners available so we might as well fix what we can & increase the speed of our front 7.

What say ye?

Shane Ray with our #6... He's the Khalil Mack of this years draft and Sheldons former teammate. #91 can help him make the transition into the pros, and even help us when we negotiate Richardsons extension in 2 years.

As for the other OLB spot I like (in this order) Jerry Hughes, Jason Worilds and Sam Acho. I would also hold onto Harris for one more year.

I think 2015 can be the transition year where D'Brick, Mangold and Harris help us bridge the gap to the young guys coming in. All 3 have at least one good year left. And we certainly can afford them in 2015.

As for our secondary we need veteran experince. We have young guys covered with Adams, McDougle and Milliner. We need Kareem Jackson and Perrish Cox to instantly legitimize our secondary. Also Cromartie on a 1 year deal to play the nickle.

The only other big name free agent that may hit the market that I want is Devon McCourty. We need to spend to upgrade our secondary. We've used enoug draft picks on this group, now we need experince.

As for our secondary we need veteran experince. We have young guys covered with Adams, McDougle and Milliner. We need Kareem Jackson and Perrish Cox to instantly legitimize our secondary. Also Cromartie on a 1 year deal to play the nickle.

The only other big name free agent that may hit the market that I want is Devon McCourty. We need to spend to upgrade our secondary. We've used enoug draft picks on this group, now we need experince.

Our young guys are either absolute crap or totally unproven. I'll give Milliner another 8 games in 2015 before I permanently lay the Bust label on him. He's been BRUTAL as a pro.  McDougal was hurt in college and hasn't played a down in the NFL after getting hurt in camp last year. Adam is alright I guess. Small sample size. 

I'm with you on Jackson, Cox and McCourty though. 

Suh will be a Colt. Tons of cap room, an aggressive personnel philosophy, and desperate for a dominant defensive player.

I disagree. Colts need to go balls out for O-Line help to protect their franchise QB. D is definitely a need, but the big money will be spent on protecting Luck. That said, I don't want us shelling out big bucks for Suh.

I disagree. Colts need to go balls out for O-Line help to protect their franchise QB. D is definitely a need, but the big money will be spent on protecting Luck. That said, I don't want us shelling out big bucks for Suh.

Luck is fine with what they have on O. But he's not going to help you if he's on the sideline watching his D get shredded over and over.

Archived