Hypothetical Trades And Other Observations

KRL

RGIII will never be the same guy we saw in year one in Washington. His knee is shredded and the damage is permanent. Also, if you watched him play recently, you would have seen that the sense of playing with abandon is gone. He is not worth it. Same with Mr. St. Loo....Bradford will always be hesitant because of the prior injuries. Just not good to trade for damaged goods. 

Better to draft a possible good player than to recycle damage goods. AND if you are gonna get a damaged vet, get a short term project like Fitz and add a young player like Glennon for this year. 

LL

I agree with your points, but I think I may not have been clear.

What I meant was, I was referring to the trade that St. Louis made with Washington for the #2 pick (RGIII) a few years ago. As in, if someone offers you multiple #1's + to move up into your spot you do it every time.

Waldman does a really good job breaking down Mariota here. Imo, you just can't saddle this franchise with a guy whom you're hoping can learn how to throw a football.

http://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2015/01/25/rsp-film-room-no-25-qb-marcus-mariota/

Waldman can blow me, I was saying this for over a year and was chastised by a large fraction of the board. The kid is by no means NFL, especially compared to Winston. There's a legitimate shot he's there for us at 6 and it will be very interesting to see what we do.

No way that trade would require a first next year as well.

RGIII trade, for Washington. 3 Firsts and a Second to move up 4 spots. 

RECEIVED: #2 overall pick, 2012 Draft — Robert Griffin III

RELINQUISHED: #6 overall pick, 2012 Draft; #39 overall pick, 2012 Draft; #22 overall pick, 2013 Draft; #2 overall pick, 2014 Draft

I agree with your points, but I think I may not have been clear.

What I meant was, I was referring to the trade that St. Louis made with Washington for the #2 pick (RGIII) a few years ago. As in, if someone offers you multiple #1's + to move up into your spot you do it every time.

OHHHHH...Ok, I completely agree with that point. Yes multiple 1's, say yes in a heartbeat. 

LL

Archived