Darrelle Revis has no empathy for your pain. (Rich Cimini)

Patriot Killa

Ah, yet another jealous and envious Jets fan.

I hope you enjoy watching the Pats play in their 6th Super Bowl in the last 13 years.

BTW, did you know that no other team in the history of the NFL has accomplished that feat?

No team has without cheating, how does the taint taste?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You should watch football prior to posting on a football message board.

Back when he was with the Jets, he literally had the best two-year span of any cornerback in the history of the NFL.  He was holding hall of famers and pro bowlers to 2-3 meaningless catches week after week after week.  Saying he's a shade of his former self isn't saying he isn't still great.  It's just saying that he's no longer playing like a God like he was in those two years.

absolutely wrong. You are not writing the checks so you want to pay him, good. You are entitled.  He held this team for ransom and heldout. He has shown he does not care about team.  Thats why he was dumped.

We got Richardson instead.  He is boo'd for lack of loyalty and holding out. he deserves it, comes with the territory of being a money holdout player.

Yes but you could have had Revis and Richardson at 9 as there would have been no need for Millner.  From what I gather from snippets from interviews Revis is a great teammate so he cares about the team, but when it is contract time, he comes first. But there are a lot of guys like that. Look at Manning taking up 20mill of the Broncos cap and he has all the money he could ever hope for. I mean once you put 200 mill in your bank account if your about winning give some of it up. 

burning a bridge with the one fan base that will care about who he is in 20 years

once the pats lose the superbowl he'll go to the highest bidder 

Or if they win the SB, he will still go to the highest bidder regardless of whether it gives him the best chance at another one. I think he is excited about being a superior team but if another team offers 1 mil more a year than the pats he will bail.

Yes but you could have had Revis and Richardson at 9 as there would have been no need for Millner.  From what I gather from snippets from interviews Revis is a great teammate so he cares about the team, but when it is contract time, he comes first. But there are a lot of guys like that. Look at Manning taking up 20mill of the Broncos cap and he has all the money he could ever hope for. I mean once you put 200 mill in your bank account if your about winning give some of it up.

True.... But Manning didn't hold out. But I see your and others point and I am a capitalist. I am all for these players getting everything they can.

Or if they win the SB, he will still go to the highest bidder regardless of whether it gives him the best chance at another one. I think he is excited about being a superior team but if another team offers 1 mil more a year than the pats he will bail.

pats are getting ready to use the 20 mill option on him until they could work on a longer term deal  for him.

and how dare he try to make as much money as he can...that "bastard!" (sarcasm) 

Yes but you could have had Revis and Richardson at 9 as there would have been no need for Millner.  

This idea makes Revis- hater's heads explode. 

There were actually posts talking about how revis was done with his knee and Milliner was much healthier.

No we aren't good with karma, us Jets fans. 

This idea makes Revis- hater's heads explode. 

There were actually posts talking about how revis was done with his knee and Milliner was much healthier.

No we aren't good with karma, us Jets fans. 

Pats fans know that Revis is pretty much a gun for hire. Win or lose the Super Bowl on Sunday, he will be looking for his $$.

That's pro sports.

Revis is the best corner the NFL has seen in the past decade....maybe the one of the best, if not the best, corner in Jets franchise history......mgmt traded him like the idiots they are.  So why should he care about us?

I wish the guy nothing but the best and he has proven he is worth every penny he demands.....the Jets will go 20 years if not longer before they draft another Revis.  He is the PM and Luck of cornerbacks.  

Only the Jets would trade a stud player like that away.......All bc of a little butt hurt from his holdout and contract demands....cry me a fckn river

With all of that said, i hope he miserably loses the superbowl and comes back to the Jets next year.  B)

Was a good trade. ONE of the moves Idzik did that made sense...if Idzik drafted better and half of the twelve drafted were impact starters, this organization would be in a lot better shape.

~ Captain Hindsight~

What did Revis' greatness do for the Jets?

He never won a Division title, never won a Conference championship and never played in the Super Bowl.

Enjoy watching your outdated highlight reels of Revis great play for the Jets, I'll be watching him on Sunday contributing to yet another Patriots Super Bowl championship.

He unfortunately never played on a Jets team with Tom Brady. Team sport and all. Doesn't change the fact his best years was in NY. Nothing for Pats fan to care about, just stating obvious, why be a d--k? You're team after all is in it's 6th Super Bowl 15 years into the century. Why are you even here this week? You're Donald Trump walking streets of Harlem ridiculing poor people. And while I support your right to be here, you should not be permitted to sh*t on the Jets or Jets fan indiscriminately. You're a guest. 

He unfortunately never played on a Jets team with Tom Brady. Team sport and all. Doesn't change the fact his best years was in NY. Nothing for Pats fan to care about, just stating obvious, why be a d--k? You're team after all is in it's 6th Super Bowl 15 years into the century. Why are you even here this week? You're Donald Trump walking streets of Harlem ridiculing poor people. And while I support your right to be here, you should not be permitted to sh*t on the Jets or Jets fan indiscriminately. You're a a$$hole!

Fixed

why should he?

He's a great player and he got his just due $12M/yr.   Which is $4M less that what he wanted when he was here.  We did the right thing to dump him at the time, though I would have traded Cro first since he was getting paid more than Revis and saved us more against the cap.  I would have done that if Revis would have taken a multiyear contract for $13M.  Last year he made $16M this year $12M.  That averages to $14M, by next year that will drop to $13.3M (assuming he signs for $12M again), so in the long run he was better off signing with us for $13M.  If he gets hurt on Sunday it'll be a losing proposition for him.  He rolled the dice, so far he's about even, but he is in the superbowl and we're not.  Time to move on.  He's 30 years old now and his best years are behind him, as they are for Cromartie. 

Don't care about Revis at all, unless he's in Green and White. **** him.

Agreed. He was and is a great CB (all time great in 09 and 10) but he's with NE now so fvck him.

We got Sheldon, I'm good.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Revis is the best corner the NFL has seen in the past decade....maybe the one of the best, if not the best, corner in Jets franchise history......mgmt traded him like the idiots they are.  So why should he care about us?

I wish the guy nothing but the best and he has proven he is worth every penny he demands.....the Jets will go 20 years if not longer before they draft another Revis.  He is the PM and Luck of cornerbacks.  

Only the Jets would trade a stud player like that away.......All bc of a little butt hurt from his holdout and contract demands....cry me a fckn river

With all of that said, i hope he miserably loses the superbowl and comes back to the Jets next year.  B)

Really?? Then how come Deion Sanders 5 teams and Rod Woodson 4 were on that many?? The Buc's had enough of Revis after 1 year that cost them a 1st and 4th pick and cut him..

Bottom line is: Jets got Sheldon Richardson out of the deal and we are happy with that.

The Patriots had the best QB in the era and the best HC coach in the era and could only win 3 (maybe 4) championships in 15 years.

And I'm a Yankees fan. That's underachieving. Bill Simmons called it underachieving. Yankees won 4 in 5 years. 

And guess who else is a Yankees fan. Tom Brady. He understands.

Bottom line is: Jets got Sheldon Richardson out of the deal and we are happy with that.

The Patriots had the best QB in the era and the best HC coach in the era and could only win 3 (maybe 4) championships in 15 years.

And I'm a Yankees fan. That's underachieving. Bill Simmons called it underachieving. Yankees won 4 in 5 years. 

And guess who else is a Yankees fan. Tom Brady. He understands.

And how many free agents did the yankees lose in those years?  Don't compare a sport with a hard salary cap with a sport with unlimited resources.  If the pats could have kept Malloy, Traylor, Warren, Samuel, Seymour, Branch, Givens, Martin, plus add players that other teams could not afford I think they would have won a couple more.

And there is no shame in being a yankees fan, an organization that is, or at least was, focused on winning.

He's a great player and he got his just due $12M/yr.   Which is $4M less that what he wanted when he was here.  We did the right thing to dump him at the time, 

the problem is the Jets never actually spent that money. they chose between revis and cap space. revis isn't a perfect human being but he makes more plays than cap space. 

Really?? Then how come Deion Sanders 5 teams and Rod Woodson 4 were on that many?? The Buc's had enough of Revis after 1 year that cost them a 1st and 4th pick and cut him..

Yea really....What point are you trying to make with Deion and Woodson? Good defensive backs play on a lot of teams? Because obviously your wrong - how many teams did Darrell Green play for? How many teams did Mel Blount play for?  And didn't Woodson play like 10 years for the Steelers before he parted ways? 

Life is too short to give up on entire professional football seasons months in advance. I can't live that way. Why even watch? 

I watched it to see it devolve into the train wreck that I knew it would be.

It sucks not having any hope as a fan, and that is what RR did for me as a Jet fan. 

Just speaking for myself here, but that is the way I watched the last 2 seasons.

Archived