Rex already tempering re: Revis

DaBallhawk

Was just on a Bills message board and Rex had some quote about having and all-star coaching staff, and an owner with deep pockets... And some "we are gunna get this thing done this year" quote. The fans were bugging out LOL. They are posting things like "I've never heard a bills coach say anything like this... We are winning it all this year!!!!" SMH

I'm not mocking them for being enthusiastic about their team, I just feel like I've seen this movie .... 6 times, and it's their first time. I know how it ends. LOL

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My problem is why folks were/are so intensely vested in Rex and his reputation.  We saw what the guy did to this organization over the last six years.  Yeah, there were some good times, but look at the smoldering ashes around us.  It's going to take years to rebuild this thing.

Sure, I blame Woody, Tannendunce and Idiotzik for a good measure of our failure.  But to absolve Rex from any of the dysfunction is, IMO, a head in the sand mentality.  

You saw 2 consecutive AFCCG's in his first 2 years 1 more then the Tuna produced with better QB play in 3.. I agree Rex is a flawed HC in his first 6 years, so was BB with the Browns and Pats in his first 6 years.. Can Rex improve? I don't know if he doesn't the Bills will probably be his last HC gig.. But some post like every other HC in the NFL is a frigging genius and Rex is the only dummy..LOL

Was just on a Bills message board and Rex had some quote about having and all-star coaching staff, and an owner with deep pockets... And some "we are gunna get this thing done this year" quote. The fans were bugging out LOL. They are posting things like "I've never heard a bills coach say anything like this... We are winning it all this year!!!!" SMH

I'm not mocking them for being enthusiastic about their team, I just feel like I've seen this movie .... 6 times, and it's their first time. I know how it ends. LOL

That's Rex's personality it's who he is.. To me he makes the game fun to others they like a BB type personality which is none at all.. 

That's Rex's personality it's who he is.. To me he makes the game fun to others they like a BB type personality which is none at all..

It's only fun if you can back it up. It was fun for me in the early days to. It became not so fun as the years progressed. It's just facinating for me to see this play out again. That's why I joined that board.

And I hated Mangini's fake BB impression he tried to pull off here, so I'm not a fan of that style either. I like Sean Payton and John Harbaughs approach. They seem no nonsense and very down to earth, but they are not afraid to say what they feel.. Belichcik is so socially awkward, it's beyond uncomfortable.

You saw 2 consecutive AFCCG's in his first 2 years

Thanks to Mangini.

And what happened after that? What happened to Rex the wizard after those 2 years when his team got worse & worse and finally hitting rock bottom in his final year before he got fired, when he was the HC of one of the worst teams in the league? Let me guess: It's not his fault.

If they sign Revis and get something out of EJ Manuel the Bills will probably make the playoffs next year.  Revis with that defensive line and Rex's blitz schemes equals a great defense.

Thanks to Mangini.

And what happened after that? What happened to Rex the wizard after those 2 years when his team got worse & worse and finally hitting rock bottom in his final year before he got fired, when he was the HC of one of the worst teams in the league? Let me guess: It's not his fault.

And how many playoff games did Mangini win?? If he ever does win one it will be his first..LOL

Thanks to Mangini.

You realize there were like 8 different starters on the team the first year Rex came here?  This idea that Mangini built this machine is nonsense and he absolutely shat himself in Cleveland.

And how many playoff games did Mangini win?? If he ever does win one it will be his first..LOL

The 49ers just got rid of Jim Harbaugh and made Mangina their defensive coordinator.  I feel sorry for 49er fans next season is going to be ugly.  They lost Ray McDonald, are about to lose Culliver and Justin Smith might be retiring now that the penguin is the new DC.

Unlike Rex he was handed a terrible team. But here you go again, kissing Rex's ass and not giving credit where credit is due. And then you whine about people calling you a Rex apologist while calling everyone else that doesn't think Rex is the greatest coach in the history of sports a "hater". Whatever.

Unlike Rex he was handed a terrible team. But here you go again, kissing Rex's ass and not giving credit where credit is due. And then you whine about people calling you a Rex apologist while calling everyone else that doesn't think Rex is the greatest coach in the history of sports a "hater". Whatever.

What are you going to say next year when the 49ers are fighting to stay out of last place in the NFC West with Mangenius as their DC? 

Your problem is you don't read what I post..Mangini was given a team that was a playoff team in 04 Mangini became HC in 06 are you saying the team went to hell in 1 year 2005?? Rex was left no QB Mangini got rid of Chad who won the East in 2008..LOL

You realize there were like 8 different starters on the team the first year Rex came here?  This idea that Mangini built this machine is nonsense and he absolutely shat himself in Cleveland.

We had 7 Pro Bowlers that year under Mangini, we went 9-7. All those Pro Bowlers HE brought in.

A year later Rex went...9-7. He had 5 Pro Bowlers on his team. 3 All Pro's. 100% of the All Pro's were handpicked by Mangini (Mangold, Revis, Harris).

Hate to burst your bubble.

We had 7 Pro Bowlers that year under Mangini, we went 9-7. All those Pro Bowlers HE brought in.

A year later Rex went...9-7. He had 5 Pro Bowlers on his team. 3 All Pro's. 100% of the All Pro's were handpicked by Mangini (Mangold, Revis, Harris).

Hate to burst your bubble.

Mangini didn't bring in anybody.  The GM and the front office did.

And our defense was way better with Rex's aggressive playcalling instead of Mangina's read and react bs.

The only bubble that's gonna be burst is yours when genius-boy gets fired 2 years from now from San Francisco because their defense sucks.

Mangini didn't bring in anybody. The GM and the front office did.

And our defense was way better with Rex's aggressive playcalling instead of Mangina's read and react bs.

The only bubble that's gonna be burst is yours when genius-boy gets fired 2 years from now from San Francisco because their defense sucks.

Rex had the same GM as Mangini.

Did you just imply that the Jets are some kind of "machine"?

That's some pretty funny $hit right there.

Mangini didn't bring in anybody.  The GM and the front office did.

There you go. Making no sense as usual, ignoring reality. Rex is the greatest, we get it. He overcame the odds. Despite being handed the worst team in NFL history he went to the playoffs and after that the world tried to stop him so they bribed Woody, Tanny & Idzik to manipulate our roster so that Rex would lose some games to keep him from building a dynasty here. Put the Jack Daniels down, you've had enough.

There you go. Making no sense as usual, ignoring reality. Rex is the greatest, we get it. He overcame the odds. Despite being handed the worst team in NFL history he went to the playoffs and after that the world tried to stop him so they bribed Woody, Tanny & Idzik to manipulate our roster so that Rex would lose some games to keep him from building a dynasty here.

When did I ever say Rex was the greatest?  I just think you overrate Mangini.  The guy is an inept clown and he's lucky the 49ers management is having a meltdown off-season otherwise he'd be looking for an assistant job in college along with the othre boy-wonder from that regime Brian Schittenhymen.

You saw 2 consecutive AFCCG's in his first 2 years 1 more then the Tuna produced with better QB play in 3.. I agree Rex is a flawed HC in his first 6 years, so was BB with the Browns and Pats in his first 6 years.. Can Rex improve? I don't know if he doesn't the Bills will probably be his last HC gig.. But some post like every other HC in the NFL is a frigging genius and Rex is the only dummy..LOL

Yeah, that's not my position at all.  I know the guy has some skills, especially on defense.  

At least for me, I had seen enough of what Rex brought to the table.  Not the worst HC in the NFL by a long stretch.  Just not who I want leading our team.

The difference is everyone good was brought in by Mangini with Rex he just brought in all the bad players..Tanny just played Golf I guess..LOL

Tanenbaum made 99% of the personnel calls during his tenure.  This idea by "cerebral" jets fans that Mangini was this evil genius in the draft is rubbish. 

The difference is everyone good was brought in by Mangini with Rex he just brought in all the bad players..Tanny just played Golf I guess..LOL

Orrrrrr, Tannenbaum was an accountant who relied heavily on his head coach for input into player selection, and Mangini was better at it than Rex. Considering that Rex thinks Santonio Holmes and Mark Sanchez are GOATs, it's not hard to believe.

Orrrrrr, Tannenbaum was an accountant who relied heavily on his head coach for input into player selection, and Mangini was better at it than Rex. Considering that Rex thinks Santonio Holmes and Mark Sanchez are GOATs, it's not hard to believe.

Orrr more likely Tanenbaum relied on the multi-million dollar staff of scouts and personnel executives at the front office.

Tanenbaum made 99% of the personnel calls during his tenure.  This idea by "cerebral" jets fans that Mangini was this evil genius in the draft is rubbish. 

Actually I liked Mangini I think he would make a better GM someday then a Coach..Some players that were good for Mangini barely played for Rex.. Leon lasted just 7 games for Rex and Big Jenks played a total of 7 games in 2 years.. Faneca played one season as did Thomas Jones.. So with Faneca,Jenkins,TJ,Leon and Favre quit, so there are 5 of the Pro bowlers that made Rex..LOL

Then he should have relied on Bradway and the scouting dept and we would have Russell Wilson as our QB now..

Actually I liked Mangini I think he would make a better GM someday then a Coach..Some players that were good for Mangini barely played for Rex.. Leon lasted just 7 games for Rex and Big Jenks played a total of 7 games in 2 years.. Faneca played one season as did Thomas Jones.. So with Faneca,Jenkins,TJ,Leon and Favre quit, so there are 5 of the Pro bowlers that made Rex..LOL

Mangini has failed at everything he has done in the NFL.  I just get angered by arrogant jets fans who think he's this incredible evaluator of talent and all of the success Rex ever had was because Mangini drafted Eric Smith, Anthony Schlegel, Vernon Gholston and traded up for Kellen Clemens.

Mangini has failed at everything he has done in the NFL.  I just get angered by arrogant jets fans who think he's this incredible evaluator of talent and all of the success Rex ever had was because Mangini drafted Eric Smith, Anthony Schlegel, Vernon Gholston and traded up for Kellen Clemens.

Who apparently he never developed or does only Rex get blamed for that?? :winking0001:

I think they fell off when the Ghost was picked.. Or was it the Boar hunter or drafting a kicker with a 2nd rd pick?? LOL

The Jets are the only team in the NFL that has this perception that the Coach is also the GM.  You never hear about Tom Coughlin being connected the personnel decisions with the Giants - all they talk about is Jerry Reese making the moves.

You don't hear about Chuck Pagano making draft decisions for the Colts.

Archived