Newsday Article on Bradway Heading to New England

The Gun Of Bavaria

Unfortunately, I just can't see Mangini leaving NE. I think Kraft will offer a hefty raise along with an Asst. Head Coach title and BB will poison the Jets by telling him "you don't want to work for Woody."
the guy is from the new york area and it's hard to turn down a head coaching job...

This would be a good hire for us. Plus it would weaken the Pats and BB staff at the same time.

It's a no brainer.

I agree.

Just look at what Mangini has done with that secondary this season...incrediable. He's a good coach. I hope he's the guy if not Fassel.

I have a question regarding this potential hire. Do the Jets have to wait for the Pats to get eliminated from the playoffs or could they hire him on the spot?

They have to wait until the Pats are eliminated this weekend.

Unfortunately, I just can't see Mangini leaving NE. I think Kraft will offer a hefty raise along with an Asst. Head Coach title and BB will poison the Jets by telling him "you don't want to work for Woody."

But Belicheck didn't work a day in his life for Woody... so how the hell would he know. Woody was just finalizing the deal when he left. Belicheck cited uncertainty in ownership for leaving.

Money and title aside, Kraft would have to get the guy blown on a nightly basis to get him to turn down a HC slot to be in BB's shadow again. No coach is going to turn down a HC slot.

Guns, the more I thought about your post, the more I tend to agree. If Bradway offers this guy the HC job and he refuses, then this will send a message to all the league that we are indeed a joke of an organization.

To turn down a HC job at the age of 35 will have a ripple effect from years to come.

Mike and th Mad Dog brought up an excellent point last night on WFAN. Mike said there are only two reasons Mangini doesn't take this job. One is BB poisening his mind about the Jets organization. Which Mike said he does not see happening and that the Jets are a great organization in a great city. I agree with this. The second reason is that he would have to face Saban and BB twice a year each. If he doesn't want the job for the second reason then I'm not sure I want him as a coach. If h is not confident enough that he can beat these guys than he will not be a very good HC anyway. They also went on to say that people were saying the same thing about Cleveland and Cinci a couple of years ago that they are saying about the Jets now. The bottom line is Mangini is from CT and there are only 3 jobs where he can stay close to home with. Also, lets face it none of the open vacencies are very attractive. Would anyone rather have the Minn, Det or NO job than the JEts job? The Jets job is a great job and the Jets have had some bad luck but each one of those situations was different and do not dictate how good of a job this really is.

The one negative about Mangini - he is absolutely RAW on offense. If you hire Mangini - it is imperative that you keep 'Dinger.

IDK if that is totally true Garb. I mean I agree he is raw but not as raw as some like Herm, ect. He was the offensive quality control person for cleveland and baltimore in which thy set quite a few offensive records in 1996. IMO, like I stated earlier I can see a Mike Tice come in as well as a assistant HC/OL Coach and Dinger staying on if the Jets get Mangini.

Ahh....you forget that over-exaggerated muscle all men have: egos. Tice second fiddle to a 35 year old? How does 'Dinger feel about this? Won't Mangini want to evaluate the staff, tweak it, and make it his own?

How this unfolds should be very interesting.....

IDK if that is totally true Garb. I mean I agree he is raw but not as raw as some like Herm, ect. He was the offensive quality control person for cleveland and baltimore in which thy set quite a few offensive records in 1996. IMO, like I stated earlier I can see a Mike Tice come in as well as a assistant HC/OL Coach and Dinger staying on if the Jets get Mangini.

Ahh....you forget that over-exaggerated muscle all men have: egos. Tice second fiddle to a 35 year old? How does 'Dinger feel about this? Won't Mangini want to evaluate the staff, tweak it, and make it his own?

How this unfolds should be very interesting.....

I agree it will be interesting. Bradway made it clear on 1050 ESPN Radio last night that the staff will be reviewed with the new HC and it made it sound like the new HC gets the last word on who stays and goes both personel and coaching wise. My money says that if Mike Tice has no other job he wouldn't mind getting this gig close to home and who wouldn't want a offensive line coach with HC experience on thier staff. The last thing is jmo though. Wtf knows what will happen.

I don't see Dinger staying. First off, who is our opening day QB? Dinger was handcuffed all season with our inept offense...this is a "downfield" coordinator and it showed all season long. He's lost in the offense we gave him to work with.

So, unless Penny grows a bionic arm over the offseason, I don't see Dinger here...he'll be taking Henderson out the door most likely also.

I don't see Dinger staying. First off, who is our opening day QB? Dinger was handcuffed all season with our inept offense...this is a "downfield" coordinator and it showed all season long. He's lost in the offense we gave him to work with.

So, unless Penny grows a bionic arm over the offseason, I don't see Dinger here...he'll be taking Henderson out the door most likely also.

Where is he going? Offenses take 2 years atleast to implement so I can't see him going someplace and starting over. The Jets will get him the players he needs. We have lots of trade ammo and can get this cap manageable according to Bradway.

....you have to wonder what Mangini is thinking about regarding the QB position, you know? It has to be somehwat unsettling to go from a future hall of famer in Tom Brady to Penne Pasta Boy.

Garb brings up a valid point. While I think landing the job of HC would overpower this, this is a valid concern. Does Mangini look at the Jets situation, specilly given TB's comments that the Jets aren't rebuilding, and are making a run next year, and day F it? I think TB has to go in there and tell him, this is your team, establish your system, let's get you players and make it happen by 2007. Saban was brilliant in how he approached the 06 season and it paid dividends. If TB expects the Jets to rally for the division again, given Penny, Martin and that OL, Mangini may be inclined to decline.

Money and title aside, Kraft would have to get the guy blown on a nightly basis to get him to turn down a HC slot to be in BB's shadow again. No coach is going to turn down a HC slot.

I agree 100%.

Kraft and BB will have no say in Mangini's decision.

The only way the Jets can screw this up is if Woody and Bradway severly low-ball him.

eventually u have to make your own mark,,

belly had to finally leave parcells shadow and i am sure mangini know sthat also,,

plus, a bad year here an dthere and he isnt so hot all off a sudden,,

not many opportunities arise to coch in your hometown,,

i think this is a slam dunk,,

will he be successful? who knows, but i thoink its a slam dunk we hire him,,

OK. So he is under Belichicks wing for 10+ years, but what else has he ever done?

Can he manage the clock? Is he a good teacher? Will he run a well disciplined team? Can he help retool our Oline and teach them well?

I got yes answers for all those questions....from Kirk Ferentz. Who actually has head coaching experience, runs a well disciplined team, knows how to build an Oline, and must be a good teacher from what he has done with all the great things in his Iowa football program.

How do we know for sure that Mangini will be a good HC, and that he might be nothing more than a great DBs coach. Last time I checked, the patriots defense fell off from last year in a big way, and Mangini was their new coordinator.

OK. So he is under Belichicks wing for 10+ years, but what else has he ever done?

Can he manage the clock? Is he a good teacher? Will he run a well disciplined team? Can he help retool our Oline and teach them well?

I got yes answers for all those questions....from Kirk Ferentz. Who actually has head coaching experience, runs a well disciplined team, knows how to build an Oline, and must be a good teacher from what he has done with all the great things in his Iowa football program.

ya, ferentz is my 1st choice, but he is least likely to be hired cause he is demanding total control,, and obvioulsy woody is lettin bradway still run the GM show...

How do we know for sure that Mangini will be a good HC, and that he might be nothing more than a great DBs coach. Last time I checked, the patriots defense fell off from last year in a big way, and Mangini was their new coordinator.

Archived