Jets expected to pursue Darrelle Revis per Schefter

Matt39

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How would Schefter know this? Has to be the agent, right?

Probably agent speak to make it a story on super bowl.  Jets first personnel meeting with all the staff and coaches is taking place on tuesday according to woody.  

Also, this doesn't help the silly tampering charges.

There's an article out today from Costello where Woody makes a bunch of almost defiant statements about spending money, but doing it wisely, but spending it so we don't lose ballgames, but being smart, but how he won't overpay, but he'll overpay if he has to, and that we need corners and a strong safety.

I think the bottom line is that Woody, like all rich dudes, bristles at the assertion that he's cheap and will definitely push to show off the wallet this offseason. It's gonna be on Maccagnan to make sure the team doesn't chase after the Larry Fitzgeralds and Suhs of the world just to placate the owner.

Probably agent speak to make it a story on super bowl. Jets first personnel meeting with all the staff and coaches is taking place on tuesday according to woody.

Also, this doesn't help the silly tampering charges.

Word. Revis' agents love throwing the Jets name around.

No one in their right mind over at Jet H/Q would say such a thing for Revis is still under contract and hence such a statement would be considered tampering. Speaking of tampering, and seeing we're all in the midst of picking our Super Bowl teaser bets, who out there thinks we lose a pick thanks to Woody putting his foot in his mouth over Revis?

I do, the NFL needs to make nice with New England after deflate-gate.

No one in their right mind over at Jet H/Q would say such a thing for Revis is still under contract and hence such a statement would be considered tampering. Speaking of tampering, and seeing we're all in the midst of picking our Super Bowl teaser bets, who out there thinks we lose a pick thanks to Woody putting his foot in his mouth over Revis?

I do, the NFL needs to make nice with New England after deflate-gate.

Fine at best that's it.

The only way I see Revis leaving the Pats is if they lose tonight.

If Revis is smart he should stay with the Pats as long as Brady and BB are there.. But if some team(Not the Jets) has a sweeter deal Show me the money Mevis won't be able to resist no matter who it is..

There's an article out today from Costello where Woody makes a bunch of almost defiant statements about spending money, but doing it wisely, but spending it so we don't lose ballgames, but being smart, but how he won't overpay, but he'll overpay if he has to, and that we need corners and a strong safety.

I think the bottom line is that Woody, like all rich dudes, bristles at the assertion that he's cheap and will definitely push to show off the wallet this offseason. It's gonna be on Maccagnan to make sure the team doesn't chase after the Larry Fitzgeralds and Suhs of the world just to placate the owner.

Agreed, that's going to be the real test of our new GM, will he push back on Woody.  I don't think Tannenbaum, or Idzik did. 

i know how much Brady makes lol but that rumor came from schefter a few weeks back on twitter, he doesn't  disclose his sources.

That 20 million is if he stays a 2nd year under the present 32 million contract.. It was 12 million in 2014 and 20 million in 2015 which totals 32 million 16 per to satisfy Revis's ego.. Now he may renegotiate for say 14 million but no way the Pats or any team pays Revis top QB money..

The Bills held opposing passers to a 74 rating last year and led the league in TD passes against with 16. It'd be pretty amusing if they burned $12 mil per to bring Revis there.

# 4 D last year , bring in the " mastermind " and the first thing they are gonna do is chase Revis..lol

We could probaly sign Maxwell & Cromartie for the price of Revis & still have change I'm hearing the Pats are set to give him a deal starting close to 20 mil per,that's insane.

I agree and I would actually prefer that. Get Maxwell and Cro and if you're going to spend big for a Patriot player then go get Devin McCourtey instead.

Archived