Jets expected to pursue Darrelle Revis per Schefter

Matt39

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

resign Kyle Wilson to a 4 year deal and we are set at corner.

Whaaat? So much misplaced hatred and wrong in this thread.... but this. This.... jesus. 

The jets have never needed more support in the secondary than they do right now. No Revis... fine. whatever. But we are so far off the mark, that this comment is downright retarded.

In all seriousness lets delete this thread.  We're not going to pursue him after he wanted to nickel and dime us so he could become the highest paid corner in the league.  He wanted to screw over the team so he could get every last penny.  He's a selfish player and a sellout- that's why he went to the cheatriots.   

Revis is pretty much dead to me and there's zero chance we sign him 

In all seriousness lets delete this thread. We're not going to pursue him after he wanted to nickel and dime us so he could become the highest paid corner in the league. He wanted to screw over the team so he could get every last penny. He's a selfish player and a sellout- that's why he went to the cheatriots.

Revis is pretty much dead to me and there's zero chance we sign him

Spot on, Rex may over pay, he signs long term with the Pats now, but he looks mortal these days, and not getting any younger, 14 mill per, pass.

That picture of Revis celebrating with Belichick is all I need to sway me towards not wanting him back.  All of the hissy fits and tantrums he threw while he was here are just further reinforcements on top of that.

As far as I'm concerned, if you leave to go to the Patriots, I no longer pay attention to you.  The only player that I ever forgave for going to New England was Testaverde.  I figured after playing for 18 years and not reaching a Super Bowl, he had earned the right to go chase a ring.  

The only player that I ever forgave for going to New England was Testaverde.  I figured after playing for 18 years and not reaching a Super Bowl, he had earned the right to go chase a ring.  

Danny Woodhead?  No one roots against Danny Woodhead.

cant we just ban you instead?

Why, for pointing out how utterly dumb threads about "Jets perusing Revis" are.

Don't blame me for your own mental retardation mate, it's certainly not my fault.

And if Max wants me banned, I'll be banned.  So maybe you should PM him, eh?

Don't blame me for your own mental retardation mate, it's certainly not my fault.

hey man, stop with the demeaning language ,, the other guy didnt use words like that....Grow up or move on...

hey man, stop with the demeaning language ,, the other guy didnt use words like that....Grow up or move on...

I'll demean stupidity as much as I like SJ, sorry if that bothers you, but media-click-bait threads about how the Jets are going to "pursue" a guy who is A. not a free agent, and B. who just won the Super Bowl with our hated rival, and C. only takes the highest salary offered (that we can't and won't afford to spend on a single above-average CB on a team with massive needs all over) is what it is, stupidity.

If you'd like to argue that the idea is perfectly logical, likely to happen, brilliant even, totally realistic, by all means, have at it.

Till then, save your internet white knighting.   I notice you're not denouncing him for calling for me to be banned, because that's not "demeaning" right?

Right.

I'll demean stupidity as much as I like SJ, sorry if that bothers you, but media-click-bait threads about how the Jets are going to "pursue" a guy who is A. not a free agent, and B. who just won the Super Bowl with our hated rival, and C. only takes the highest salary offered (that we can't and won't afford to spend on a single above-average CB on a team with massive needs all over) is what it is, stupidity.

If you'd like to argue that the idea is perfectly logical, likely to happen, brilliant even, totally realistic, by all means, have at it.

Till then, save your internet white knighting.   I notice you're not denouncing him for calling for me to be banned, because that's not "demeaning" right?

Right.

I will argue that you calling someone retarded is over the top and you are OUT OF HERE if you dont apologize. Folks w/kids/grandkids in that category feel a twinge every time someone uses that term to demean someone.

Your choice. 

I will argue that you calling someone retarded is over the top and you are OUT OF HERE if you dont apologize. Folks w/kids/grandkids in that category feel a twinge every time someone uses that term to demean someone.

Your choice. 

The term is used here frequently even some posting pictures using the term. No one knows the true meaning until you deal with a family member or friend who is handicapped. Why its tolerated is disturbing to say the least. 

The term is used here frequently even some posting pictures using the term. No one knows the true meaning until you deal with a family member or friend who is handicapped. Why its tolerated is disturbing to say the least. 

Thank you, it stabs another dagger in your heart when you hear it when you are personally effected.

Your choice. 

Sorry PC Police, they'll be no apologies, and if you, as a non-moderator, can threaten me and ban me for your offense over use of the english language, so be it.  

I have a family member with severe disability, and no, I don't feel a twinge at the use of the term as a colloquialism for rampant ignorance and stupidity.  Probably because I am aware enough to differentiate meaning and intent, something the gurning PC police seem to have so much trouble with.

Whats next, calling an idea "crazy" is an offensive insult to all people suffering depression and mental illness and worthy of a ban?

Give me a break.  Or ban me, whatever you like.  SAR and the Pats Trolls get free reign to troll all over the place, and I get banned for calling endless Revis Obsession/Sperge for the stupidity it is.  

Brilliant.

Reporting news from Schefter isnt dumb. I could care less if you post here or not, you were the one calling for me to be banned over posting a friggin tweet. Grow up.

Heard that the Pats are trying to get him to a long term deal.

He'll hit FA. Already has a ring so now its purely $, if there was any doubt that is. Once he's a FA, he'll command a little more than a Richard Sherman type contract on a shorter term (14+mil per). Not that he'll get it, but he's not giving up any discounts.

Reporting news from Schefter isnt dumb. I could care less if you post here or not, you were the one calling for me to be banned over posting a friggin tweet. Grow up.

Difference is, I was kidding via use of exaggeration, I would never ban someone for falling for typical media-click-bait.  

I'll just call it what it is, naive foolishness (there, is that soft enough so no one will take offense?) and an odd obsession amongst Jets Fans, like slighted girfiends who obsess over their lost man and stalk him on social media.....

The facts re: Revis are rather strait-forward here:

1. Revis is not a Free Agent, and no Jets Official is going to go on record, right after the owner gets dinged for possible tampering, and say "yep, we're going to persue Revis, hell yeah!"

2. Revis is not a Free Agent.  He is under contract to the Pats, and the Pats hold an exclusive right to re-up him for next year.  He's not available (yet) and likely won't be.

3. Revis is neither old nor hurt, he's operating near his peak (top 10 NFL CB) with many years of play left barring a new injury.  The Pats don't cut guys like that.

4. Revis hates us, if that isn't obvious by now, I just don't know what to tell you.  He is never coming back here barring a grotesque over-the-top offer, and maybe not even then.

5. The Jets are not in any position as a franchise to offer a single CB the price Revis would command.  Doing so would be the worst decision since passing on the 1 yard line and letting Lynch rot in the backfield with 20 seconds left.

6. This is typical Click-Bait, a manufactured story with no source (i.e. pure fiction) designed to foster site hits and reads and sell ads.  No verification is ever required, just a topic that will incite folks to click it.  Sports Media is full of this type of shoddy "reporting".

Now, if you wish to take offense at being described as "mentally retarded" fine, I apologize for use of a term some choose to find offensive.

But I'll be damned if I'll be called a "Troll" or anything else for putting out more actual football content in one post that the obsessive drama queens in this thread who simply wanted carte blanche to go "ooohhhhh Revis, isn't he Dreamy!  I love him, we can;t wait to get him back in our loving arms."

My content is on-topic, mostly factual (some opinion, obviously), but based in the facts.  And yes, passionate and a little aggressive, no doubt.

You'll simply have to forgive me if I get tired of endless Revis Threads at this point.  He's gone, we've already tampered with him once (inadvertently), he's not coming back, he doesn't want to come back (despite what he wants you to think, i.e. PR), he's not available, he just won a Super Bowl with our most hated rival, we can't afford him, and we can't afford his salary given our other needs.

So please, I beg your forgiveness, but yet another Revis thread annoyed me at this point.  But you're absolutely right, you can post all the reporting you like.  A little critical thinking along with it would be nice, but that's up to you.  

5. The Jets are not in any position as a franchise to offer a single CB the price Revis would command.  Doing so would be the worst decision since passing on the 1 yard line and letting Lynch rot in the backfield with 20 seconds left.

agree

Archived