One last word from the commissioner...

goodell is doing his job, which is to take the blame.  He won't get fired.  Krafty is the only owner taking heat this week, and rightfully so

he is the scapegoat and target for the fans ire, and he is well paid for it

First and foremost, the NFL is a multi-billion dollar company.

Goodell is the CEO.

CEO's only responsibility is to make money for the shareholders (owners).

It is what it is.

That money comes from fans.  Maybe he finds new fans in Europe that don't care.  But the amersican fans like myself are teaching their kids the NFL has become a ******* joke.  My father talked about it with the utmost admiration and respect.  Give it a generation and unless a NEW fan base appears the old one stops caring.  

First and foremost, the NFL is a multi-billion dollar company.

Goodell is the CEO.

CEO's only responsibility is to make money for the shareholders (owners).

It is what it is.

He's mostly beholden to the owners and NFLPA, so wouldn't that make him more of a COO type? 

Also, I find it hard to believe that you can, as a fan, say that he's been good for the sport. Sure, he's making money and that's all the owners and pros care about, but he's been an abject failure in making the NFL fan-friendly.

That money comes from fans.  Maybe he finds new fans in Europe that don't care.  But the amersican fans like myself are teaching their kids the NFL has become a ******* joke.  My father talked about it with the utmost admiration and respect.  Give it a generation and unless a NEW fan base appears the old one stops caring.

If the NFL implemented a 7-member board of directors with Goodell reporting to the board, and not the owners, things would be much better.

But no way the owners would give that up.

If the NFL implemented a 7-member board of directors with Goodell reporting to the board, and not the owners, things would be much better.

I agree with both points.  Adding that there need to be strict guidelines for directors recusing themselves when even a sniff of conflict arises.  

Can you name the 24 owners who will vote to fire Goodell?

Jets(if they lose draft pick), Dolphins, Ravens(Rice Fiasco), Rams(If they are blocked from moving), Raiders, Saints(BIGtime), 49ers, Redskins(BIGtime!) Colts( 50/50) Texans(because of Dallas/Goodell love)

Just to name a few. If owners come up with a good alternative, I can see Roger canned.

Tagliabeu hates him and he carries some weight to this day.

Really?  Cause now it seems pretty similar to what your saying.  

1.Kraft

2.Kraft

3.Kraft

4 Kraft

5.Kraft

6.Kraft

7.Kraft

Roger Goodell's Krafts puppet. Bob Kraft single handedly brought TV revenue to the Billions for the league. All Goodell's got to do is pick up the phone when Kraft calls him and he makes $24 million a year. As long as all 32 owners share equally in the revenue and as long as Viacom and CBS still listen to Bob Kraft, neither Kraft nor Goodell face any job Insecurity short of a federal investigation. It really is that simple.

Roger Goodell's Krafts puppet. Bob Kraft single handedly brought TV revenue to the Billions for the league. All Goodell's got to do is pick up the phone when Kraft calls him and he makes $24 million a year. As long as all 32 owners share equally in the revenue and as long as Viacom and CBS still listen to Bob Kraft, neither Kraft nor Goodell face any job Insecurity short of a federal investigation. It really is that simple.

You kinda nailed it.

No one has stopped caring.  The TV ratings are through the roof and attendance is very high.  The NFL is the most popular sport in the country by far.

Single-handedly my ass.  Anyone who held the reins during this period in history would have had the same results.

Just because Pats fans like to assert that nobody could have done any better does not actually know it is true.

No one has stopped caring.  The TV ratings are through the roof and attendance is very high.  The NFL is the most popular sport in the country by far.

Did I say Immediate? No, I said generation and you are talking about Superbowl weekend.  I could have said the same thing about boxing when I was a kid.   

Single-handedly my ass.  Anyone who held the reins during this period in history would have had the same results.

Just because Pats fans like to assert that nobody could have done any better does not actually know it is true.

Talk about an oversimplistic thinking  By all accounts, Kraft was instrumental in the TV contract. If it was so easy, the owners would have had a far better contract previously. Kraft was also instrumental in brokering the new CBA and ending the walkout. Many players credited Kraft for being THE driving force in both sides ratifying the agreement.

And it makes me laugh when fans, generally Jets fans, say Goodell is so pro-Patriots when he's done nothing but throw them under a bus for this overblown 'Deflategate" story. Tagliabu would have endied it before it began with a simple phone call. Tags also would have slapped the Pats on the wrist with the most minimal of fines, if any, for Crygate, the most overblown "cheating scandal" in sport history. Goodell so over-reacted because he was butt-hurt his first directive as commish was ignored that he threw the book at the team.

The last commissioner any pro sport had that had any integrity was Fay Vincent in baseball.  Today we're stuck with clowns like Goodell who is a puppet of the owners or Alan Silver who is another jellyfish who cowtows to the owners.  Don't get me started on Selig who himself was an owner and commissioner with a conflict of interest who up until recently and let every 75% of MLers use roids for 20 years and now wants to redeem himself by witchhunting Arod and publicly flogging him every chance he gets.

Talk about an oversimplistic thinking  By all accounts, Kraft was instrumental in the TV contract. If it was so easy, the owners would have had a far better contract previously. Kraft was also instrumental in brokering the new CBA and ending the walkout. Many players credited Kraft for being THE driving force in both sides ratifying the agreement.

And it makes me laugh when fans, generally Jets fans, say Goodell is so pro-Patriots when he's done nothing but throw them under a bus for this overblown 'Deflategate" story. Tagliabu would have endied it before it began with a simple phone call. Tags also would have slapped the Pats on the wrist with the most minimal of fines, if any, for Crygate, the most overblown "cheating scandal" in sport history. Goodell so over-reacted because he was butt-hurt his first directive as commish was ignored that he threw the book at the team.

Give me a break I know your a Patriots homer but Goodell hasn't even wrist slapped the patriots for obvious and significant cheating.

--Phony investigation that won't conclude coincidentally until after the Super Bowl

--the bullsh*t $30,000 fine Bob Kraft will get if he even gets that

Roger Goodell has done more to Marshawn Lynch for wearing the wrong cleats.

Jets(if they lose draft pick), Dolphins, Ravens(Rice Fiasco), Rams(If they are blocked from moving), Raiders, Saints(BIGtime), 49ers, Redskins(BIGtime!) Colts( 50/50) Texans(because of Dallas/Goodell love)

Just to name a few. If owners come up with a good alternative, I can see Roger canned.

Tagliabeu hates him and he carries some weight to this day.

Goodell after refusing to be interviewed by NBC today might have overplayed his hand. The Kraft nonsense earlier this week pissed off a lot of owners. NBC pays a lot of money to the NFL. That is all not going to go over well with anyone. Anybody could make the owners rich. Goodell is no user genius. And problem is he is approaching being bad for business.They could hire Condi Rice tomorrow and get not only a supremely competent woman commissioner but a PR coup.

Archived