F*cking Bevell

sourceworx

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean nobody's going to blame him because they've been writing epic poems in his honor for two weeks, but a whole lot of it certainly was. He almost certainly has plenary freedom to check to a run at this distance. More importantly don't ******* throw that sh*t there.

He was moving everyone around with the time clock running down, I was thinking at the time he checked into the throw because he moved Lynch and Baldwin to the opposite side of the slant.

He was moving everyone around with the time clock running down, I was thinking at the time he checked into the throw because he moved Lynch and Baldwin to the opposite side of the slant.

I doubt Wilson would have checked into that throw. They had timeouts and they were literally a half yard away with 20 seconds left. I just can't see a running play call being checked into that play. I could be wrong. But we know this for sure, that was either the worst play call in the history of the Superbowl or the worst audible by a QB in the history of the Super Bowl. 

That was truly a wild one right there. 

I've been saying that out loud for 20 minutes straight

I've been doing the exact same thing.

I just don't know how that play even factors into your thinking when you're at or just inside the 1 yard line, with Marshawn Lynch in the backfield.

That is the worst call in the history of the worsiest of worser worst calls.

As long as I've been watching football (and that's 4 decades) I have never seen a worse play call...

i can't even think of anything close....

But I don't blame Bevelle - this is on carol...

Not only was that call the worst in Super Bowl history, it was the worst in the entire history of the NFL. I don't think anything else comes close. This was a bigger blunder than anything in professional sports, ever. 

agreed...I've been saying in football history...but all time professional sports - worst ever...

Well, to look at it from a different perspective, at least this has to make things a slight bit easier for every other OC in the league.  The next time someone criticizes an OC's playcall from here on, they can look at that person and say, "At least I didn't pull a 'Bevell'".

No one should ever challenge the phrase "Coaching matters," ever again.

A coach, hands down, cost his team back-to-back titles.

The play was doomed to failure from the beginning.  It took long to call, the design screamed pass, and the play was intended for the third best WR in the game.

Well, to look at it from a different perspective, at least this has to make things a slight bit easier for every other OC in the league.  The next time someone criticizes an OC's playcall from here on, they can look at that person and say, "At least I didn't pull a 'Bevell'".

lol..

Fair enough...It makes anything the Jets have done in the past and anything they might do in the future look okay...

agreed...I've been saying in football history...but all time professional sports - worst ever...

I think even if you combine the biggest blunders in professional sports, what happened here is greater than all of them combined. In one decision, Seattle goes from repeat champs, set up for a possible dynasty, to nothing special. Peter Carrol goes from guaranteed Hall of Famer, to just a great coach who *might* get in the HOF depending on what else he does. Russell Wilson goes from conversation of best QB of his generation to choker. So much turned on that one awful, horrendous playcall. 

The funny thing about Bevelling it is that it completely freed me of any anger or disappointment in the Pats winning again.

After that play I felt, "The Patriots deserved to win."  If any opposing coach pulled that sh*t, the other team deserves to win.

Like EY said, a 12 yr old with Madden wins the game.

40 seconds left, run the ball twice, call a T.O. and then throw it.  They didn't stop Lynch for a loss the entire game.

I think even if you combine the biggest blunders in professional sports, what happened here is greater than all of them combined. In one decision, Seattle goes from repeat champs, set up for a possible dynasty, to nothing special. Peter Carrol goes from guaranteed Hall of Famer, to just a great coach who *might* get in the HOF depending on what else he does. Russell Wilson goes from conversation of best QB of his generation to choker. So much turned on that one awful, horrendous playcall. 

I agree. But even before that play I was wondering what the big deal about Russell Wilson was. Geno played better against the Pats this year.

Archived