Brady, Belichick stepping down?

Freemanm

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fact is he has a losing record as a HC without Brady.  You can point to one year when he had a winning season all you want - but the fact still remains - he's not really even close to .500 as a HC without Brady.

A 47-49 record without Brady is "not really even close to .500"?  You are a tough critic. 

If that happens, I'll go to the leper colony.  

Only having to eat half a sh1t sandwich still doesn't make you jump for joy.

If that happens, I'll go to the leper colony.  

Only having to eat half a sh1t sandwich still doesn't make you jump for joy.

You know.  Despite being the center of  Western Civilization, New York sure has a problem with billionaire sports moguls.

Must be something in the water.

You know.  Despite being the center of  Western Civilization, New York sure has a problem with billionaire sports moguls.

Must be something in the water.

Right?  Not to change subjects, but how many Knick games have you watched this year.  I gave up months ago.  

I only check the next day to see if they lost.  That's sad.

Right?  Not to change subjects, but how many Knick games have you watched this year.  I gave up months ago.  

I only check the next day to see if they lost.  That's sad.

I am from Portland.  So as you can expect I am a Blazers fan.  Luckily, our billionaire owner got smart

and hired somebody who knew what he was doing.  Of course, with the Blazers luck, we will go into the

playoffs and meet KEVIN DURANT!  Michael Jordan 1992.O   Ahhh, the Blazers and fate.

I count 52 and 61. That's really not close.

36-44 with Cleveland

5-11 year one with the Pats

0-1 year two with Pats (Brady came in later)

11-5 with Cassel.

52-61

now now.. he did make the playoffs 1 time in 6 years ..

as opposed to Brady whose made 12 out of 13.. but whose counting ;)

now now.. he did make the playoffs 1 time in 6 years ..

as opposed to Brady whose made 12 out of 13.. but whose counting ;)

Correct, it's not like it's a small sample size....that's 113 games.

Rex Ryan is a better coach than BB without Brady.

He won 11 games with Sanchez...he went to the playoffs twice in six years....And Rex is a terrible HC...

Correct, it's not like it's a small sample size....that's 113 games.

Rex Ryan is a better coach than BB without Brady.

He won 11 games with Sanchez...he went to the playoffs twice in six years....And Rex is a terrible HC...

so is Herm, so is mangina

belicheat is the luckiest HC ever

Thats a direct way of saying your analysis of this is a deep as an ashtray

As is yours.

"He was bad in Cleveland."  He made mistakes in Cleveland, but he was a hell of a coach.  He turned around a 3-13 during the era of Plan B free agency.  The free agency we know now did not start until his third year.  And Modell sabotaged his last year by announcing team move in the middle of the season.

"He was 5-11 his first year in his first year."   Again, he took over a salary cap strapped team that was a hot mess.  Not Cleveland bad, but it was not the Superbowl team and was getting worse.  He gutted the team so he could implement his philosophy of a strong middle class.  He signed 19 free agents that formed the core of the dynasty.

"Yeah, he was 11-5 with Cassell, but it was an easy schedule."  Yeah, he won 11 games with a QB that had thrown like 70 passes in the last decade.  70.  Cassell had not started a game since he was in High School.  That he was able to keep a team mentally in it that was a miraculous catch from being 19-0 to losing their all world QB 7 minutes into the season is a hell of a job by him.

Of course Brady has been a godsend to him, but hat great coach did not benefit from having a great QB?  Shula?  Jphhny U, Griese and Marino.  Do you think that helped his won/loss? 

You sound like a dumb ass when you give the guy no credit.

As is yours.

"He was bad in Cleveland."  He made mistakes in Cleveland, but he was a hell of a coach.  He turned around a 3-13 during the era of Plan B free agency.  The free agency we know now did not start until his third year.  And Modell sabotaged his last year by announcing team move in the middle of the season.

"He was 5-11 his first year in his first year."   Again, he took over a salary cap strapped team that was a hot mess.  Not Cleveland bad, but it was not the Superbowl team and was getting worse.  He gutted the team so he could implement his philosophy of a strong middle class.  He signed 19 free agents that formed the core of the dynasty.

"Yeah, he was 11-5 with Cassell, but it was an easy schedule."  Yeah, he won 11 games with a QB that had thrown like 70 passes in the last decade.  70.  Cassell had not started a game since he was in High School.  That he was able to keep a team mentally in it that was a miraculous catch from being 19-0 to losing their all world QB 7 minutes into the season is a hell of a job by him.

Of course Brady has been a godsend to him, but hat great coach did not benefit from having a great QB?  Shula?  Jphhny U, Griese and Marino.  Do you think that helped his won/loss? 

You sound like a dumb ass when you give the guy no credit.

So, somehow, Rex is a bad coach here, but Belichick was a "hell of coach" in Cleveland, despite Rex having a superior record by far?

And somehow, going from 16-0 against a hard schedule and earning home field advantage through playoffs to 11-5 against an easy schedule and missing the playoffs entirely proves he's not completely reliant on Brady. That about right?

You make no sense. 

you do understand that BB took over one of the worse teams in the league in the Browns and it was before FA, teams did not turn around in 2 years back then. The browns improved as a team every year he was there until it was found out that Model was moving them to Balt. Rex took over a team that went 9-7 the year before he took over and in November was the #1 team in the AFC in ESPN power rankings. He would not have finished 9-7 his first year but Polian and the colts decided to play 1/4 of a game. And Cinci not even that.

Rex did a great job the next year. and then sh*t the bed for 3 straight years.

you do understand that BB took over one of the worse teams in the league in the Browns and it was before FA, teams did not turn around in 2 years back then. The browns improved as a team every year he was there until it was found out that Model was moving them to Balt. Rex took over a team that went 9-7 the year before he took over and in November was the #1 team in the AFC in ESPN power rankings. He would not have finished 9-7 his first year but Polian and the colts decided to play 1/4 of a game. And Cinci not even that.

Rex did a great job the next year. and then sh*t the bed for 3 straight years.

Didn't parcells take a 2 win pats team to the playoffs in 2 seasons, then the SB in another 2 seasons around the same time? I'm sure there are other examples of quick turnarounds, like Jimmy Johnson taking a 3 win Dallas team and making the playoffs by year 3 and then becoming a dynasty.

Belichick was a failure in Cleveland and he was well on his way to failing in NE before Mo Lewis forced him to wake up and start Brady.

Too bad BB didn't draft and develop Brady.

Tex....I am going into year 36 of having my Jets tix, and I hate the Pats as much as any Jet fan, but even mentioning Rex Ryan in the same sentence as Belichick is utter nonsense. Belichick has forgotten more about football than Rex will ever know.

Tex....I am going into year 36 of having my Jets tix, and I hate the Pats as much as any Jet fan, but even mentioning Rex Ryan in the same sentence as Belichick is utter nonsense. Belichick has forgotten more about football than Rex will ever know.

Chan's a pretty good poster for the most part, but his pure hatred for BB convolutes any intelligent post he has on the subject.

In his mind, Rex is a better HC than BB.

a

Tom will quit when he starts getting hit on a regular basis. Think how lucky this guy is to play for so long with only one serious injury. The older he gets the more the chances increase that he will be facing that possibility more and more.

Yes well, the rule makers have mad sit so you can only hit a QB in the midriff.  That keeps more QBs standing.  Flag football is next.

So, somehow, Rex is a bad coach here, but Belichick was a "hell of coach" in Cleveland, despite Rex having a superior record by far?

And somehow, going from 16-0 against a hard schedule and earning home field advantage through playoffs to 11-5 against an easy schedule and missing the playoffs entirely proves he's not completely reliant on Brady. That about right?

You make no sense.

Belichick did also did a helluva job in New England going 5-11 with Drew Bledsoe.

Bledsoe >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sanchez and Geno

Archived