Congrats to the Patriot fans

RSJ

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't hate Pats fans---just the Pats.  And having said that, I am no longer a young punk who lives or dies over sports.  I love to watch, I get mad sometimes, but I usually do not even have to wait to sleep it off.  I have lived too long and seen too many more serious disappointments than the loss of a football or a baseball game.  Maybe being a Met and Jet fan has conditioned me for sports disappointment.  Strangely, I like this me better than the old, heart-burned one.

Now that the pain is subsiding a little bit. I just wanted to extend a congratulations to the good, long time Patriot fans that post here. It is so annoying to read my facebook feed and see people who didn't know who the Pats were two weeks ago, let alone prior to 2001. But for the long time Patriot fans, it must me amazing to see your team have a run like they have since 2001. Do they cheat? Probably. But I know from experience that even at the high school level, the more successful teams bend the rules to the furthest extent possible. It will probably always exist in some form, in all sports.

Thanks, at least every year the percentage of band wagon fans goes down, When Parcells was brought aboard 1/2 of NE all of a sudden were interested in the pats now 22 mostly successful years later most of the bandwagon fans have become actual fans. There are guys who are 30 years old that never seen McPherson/Rust era, and no home games on tv, An owner that went bankrupt backing Michael Jackson, selling naming rights? sh*t they had to sell the parking lots. Kraft brought the stadium in Bankruptcy court!   Not having enough money to pay Cortez Kennedy's SB so they had to trade down, Trading Mike Haynes and Leon Gray because they could not afford them . Losing a coach who I consider an all time great in Chuck Fairbanks due to money.   It was tough to be a fan in the 70s and most of the 80s

I dont understand the need to "congratulate" fans of a team. The fans did absolutely nothing.

Congratulate the Pats, they actually played the game.

But,hey, "Congratulations Pat fans for watching the team you rootfor win a game!"

Congrats to the Pats Fans. I hope that someday, in my lifetime, my team will celebrate a SB win of its own. 

LL

I hope that it comes a lot sooner, my oldest son is a jets fan and except for one game in Foxboro 5 years ago he has had 20 mostly tuff years. Imagine having a father that used to kick you out of the living room on game days.

I hope that it comes a lot sooner, my oldest son is a jets fan and except for one game in Foxboro 5 years ago he has had 20 mostly tuff years. Imagine having a father that used to kick you out of the living room on game days.

Wait, you're so petty you won't watch the game with your son because he's a Jet fan? Really? Please tell me I'm interpreting this wrong.

Wait, you're so petty you won't watch the game with your son because he's a Jet fan? Really? Please tell me I'm interpreting this wrong.

Meh my dad was a huge Rangers fan and I'm an islanders fan and in the late 70's early 80's I remember being kicked out of the living room a couple of times.

I dont understand the need to "congratulate" fans of a team. The fans did absolutely nothing.

Congratulate the Pats, they actually played the game.

But,hey, "Congratulations Pat fans for watching the team you rootfor win a game!"

We did shovel a lot of snow.  But yeah, valid point lol.

I agree. Not for those Pats bandwagoner fans, but for those who were pissed at the roughing the passer call against Sugerbear Hamilton, the fans who were shocked at Tony Eason's horrible performance in Super Bowl XX, the fans who cheered the convict plowing away the snow against Don Shula.

For those fans, respect must be given

I attend 6 games a year, can't do all 8 nor it is my responsibility to do so.

And on those days that I have to sell my seats they are offered at a fair price to both Jets fans and opposing fans, I have no control over who buys them.

But since you seem to care so much, next season you can give me $1,000 for the two games I can't attend and then you can make sure they get into the hands of Jets fans. Pay up or shut up.

SAR I

I would like to take you up on that offer next year if our schedules mesh...Keep me in mind...Thanks

I had a good time going to a game in 2007 with Sar (when he was still a five and dime rif raf season ticket holder) He had great sideline mezzanine ticks and we were right by gate d so we also went there for the halftime show. In fact I still have pics from gate d on that day lol.

Now this new high brow SAR I don't know lol

A shower will get you clean but nothing will ever clean up BB...shame.gif

I agree. Congrats to the Patriots players, but Pats fan can go to hell. Most arrogant bunch of trolls EVER, and it will just get worse now with all the Brady is greatest of all time, which is hogwash. Brady can be mentioned AMONG the greatest of all time but THE greatest.....no way.

Yeah, 1/2 way thru the game we would get on each other nerves so bad with the trash talking, etc that I would kick him upstairs.  We still go to every jets game at Gillette as that is his Christmas present every year.   We could watch the jets play another team or the pats play another team with no issues (or at least fewer)

Yeah, 1/2 way thru the game we would get on each other nerves so bad with the trash talking, etc that I would kick him upstairs.  We still go to every jets game at Gillette as that is his Christmas present every year.  

It's just a game bro. Give that kid a hug before he murders somebody. 

I agree. Not for those Pats bandwagoner fans, but for those who were pissed at the roughing the passer call against Sugerbear Hamilton, the fans who were shocked at Tony Eason's horrible performance in Super Bowl XX, the fans who cheered the convict plowing away the snow against Don Shula.

I don't think many were shocked at Eason's performance and most wanted Berry to stay with Grogan who finished up most of the year. .

It's just a game bro. Give that kid a hug before he murders somebody. 

Well he is 32 YO now and my 4 yo granddaughter looks wonderful in her jet cheerleader uniform and he refuses to let me buy her anything patriot related.

And my 21YO is a Seahawk fan so you can imagine what Sunday was like, I picked him up from school and we watched the game. When the pats had the ball I had it muted and when the Seattle had the ball the voice was on. 

And no he is not a bandwagon fan. He became a fan when Mosi Tatupu along with the Pats Alumni played a charity softball game against the local cops when he was in grade school. Tatupo was very nice to him taking pictures and signing stuff etc. When his son got drafted by the seahawks, I guess he figured if I was a fan of the father he would become a fan of the son. 

What's your base salary and how long did it take you to get to the top? That's what we really want to know. 

Why set him up with a hanging meatball over the plate? You'll never get a truthful answer anyway.

This thread is now doomed to be a(nother) 90-page SAD 1 strokefest ...

:indifferent0023:

That's a good story.You are a good guy, and I am happy for real Pats fans like you. You strike me as a guy who was there in the old Foxboro stadium during the Kiam days hoping for  days like this. This will be my 36th year with Jets tix, and I was 11 in 1969. I just want one more chance to see my team in the big one.  A a longtime Pats guy, who would you say is your 2nd greatest QB, Grogan or Bledsoe? I vote for Grogan, but he also had luxury of better teams through much of his career. 

I would like to take you up on that offer next year if our schedules mesh...Keep me in mind...Thanks

Will do.

The games I can't attend has nothing to do with who we're playing, has everything to do with my son's travel baseball schedule, my daughter's travel soccer schedule, and my travel work schedule. Monday nighters and Thursday nighters too, just too much with commuting home from work and then shooting over to the stadium and having the kids wake up early for school the next day.

I'll PM you in August when I'll know more.

SAR I

Will do.

The games I can't attend has nothing to do with who we're playing, has everything to do with my son's travel baseball schedule, my daughter's travel soccer schedule, and my travel work schedule. Monday nighters and Thursday nighters too, just too much with commuting home from work and then shooting over to the stadium and having the kids wake up early for school the next day.

I'll PM you in August when I'll know more.SAR I

Thank You...I have the same situation, son in midget football, daughter in soccer...Sundays are usually clear, though...Thanks again

I qualify as one of those fans, so I appreciate the sentiment as it was intended.

It's been a great ride for the past 15 or so years. Made especially sweet for enduring those decades of failure and mediocrity.

Thank You...I have the same situation, son in midget football, daughter in soccer...Sundays are usually clear, though...Thanks again

No problem, in years past I had a few Jets fans who contacted me privately and we worked out a good situation where they helped me out of weeks I couldn't go and I helped them. But once the new stadium opened they were able to get season tickets of their own and so I went the Stubhub route.

SAR I

That's a good story.You are a good guy, and I am happy for real Pats fans like you. You strike me as a guy who was there in the old Foxboro stadium during the Kiam days hoping for  days like this. This will be my 36th year with Jets tix, and I was 11 in 1969. I just want one more chance to see my team in the big one.  A a longtime Pats guy, who would you say is your 2nd greatest QB, Grogan or Bledsoe? I vote for Grogan, but he also had luxury of better teams through much of his career. 

The pats in the late 60s (when the jets/Pats situation was turned on its head) were brutal, Then Fairbanks came in, we got the new Stadium (who cared if it was the worse) and things looked good for a few years then just 15 years of total mismanagement and the worse owner in the NFL. Teams did not even want to play in NE as at that time they would get 40% of the gate and there was only about 40,000 there every sunday, unless it was Dallas, Pitt or Miami. Girls up here who were fans wore Marino gear.

Bledsoe was the 2nd best qb the pats had, Grogan was RGIII, before RGIII was born. He like Namath and Orr would have lasted at the top for a lot longer with modern knee surgery. Grogan while not the qb that Bledsoe was was a much better leader.  Bledsoe on the other hand was the guy a father would hope his kid would be.  A guy that put his family above all else.

Archived