JayKwaz's 2015 offseason and roster:

JayKwaz

My 2015 Jets off-season and Roster:

Re-sign own Free Agents:

LS – Tanner Purdum, NT – Damon Harrison, ILB – Nick Bellore.

Let walk as free agents:

David Harris, Mike Vick, Bilal Powell, Greg Salas, Matt Simms, Kyle Wilson, Dawan Landry, Willie Colon,

John Connor, Phillip Dams, Ben Ijalan, Kenrick Ellis, Jermaine Cunningham, Leger Douzable, Jaquawn Jarrett.

Release:

Calvin Pace, Jason Babin, Percy Harvin

Sign Free Agents:

OLB – Sam Acho, OT – Brian Bulaga, QB – Blaine Gabbert, CB – Buster Skrine, OLB – Brooks Reed,

CB – Antonio Cromartie, CB – Chris Culliver, DT – Dan Williams, LB – Desmond Bishop

Trade:

Quinton Coples for a 3rd.

Draft:

1 – WR – Amari Cooper Alabama

2 – LB – Denzel Perryman Miami

3 – WR – Phillip Dorsett Miami

3 – QB – Bryce Petty Baylor

4 – FS – Durell Eskridge – Syracuse

5 – FS – Adrian Amos – Penn St.

6 – Traded to Seattle for Harvin

7 – QB – Connor Halliday – Colorado St.

Roster:

QB – Geno Smith, Blaine Gabbert, Bryce Petty

RB – Chris Ivory, Chris Johnson, Daryl Richardson

TE/FB – Jace Amaro, Jeff Cumberland,

Battle between Tommy Bohanon, Zach Sudfeld and Chris Pantele for last 2 - FB/TE spots

WR – Eric Decker, Amari Cooper, Jeremy Kerly, Phillip Dorsett

Battle between Shaq Evans, TJ Graham, Quincy Enunwa, Saalim Hakim and Chris Owusu for last 2 WR spots

OT – D’Brickashaw Fergusen, Brian Bulaga

Battle between Brent Qvale, Breno Giacomini, Sean Hooey and Wesley Johnson for last 2 OT spots.

OG – Oday Oboushi, Dakota Dozier, Brian Winters

C – Nick Mangold, Dalton Freeman

DE – Mo Wilkerson, Sheldon Richardon, Kona Schwenke

DT – Damon Harrison, TJ Barnes, Dan Williams

OLB – Sam Acho, Brooks Reed, Ik Enemkpali, Trevor Reilly

ILB – Demario Davis, Denzel Perryman, Nick Bellore, Desmond Bishop

CB – Chris Culliver, Antonio Cromartie, Buster Skrine, Marcus Williams, Dex McDougle

Battle between Darrin Walls, Dashaun Phillips and Keith Lewis for last CB spot.

FS – Dee Milliner, Durrell Eskridge, Adrian Amos

SS – Calvin Pryor, Antonio Allen

K – Nick Folk

P – Battle between Ryan Quigley and Jake Schum

LS – Tanner Purdum

Bring in 13 undrafted rookies to camp for possible sleeper / practice squad.

Place QB Connor Halliday on IR for season to rehab.

Gabbert eh?  Gabbert and Geno = big fail, I am not a fan of petty either.

I see no reason to dump Powell who played very well in limited time last year.  Same with Jarrett.  I would let Bellore go.  If the Jets traded Coples for a 3rd I'd go ballistic.

Good effort in the work you did even if I disagree with some key points.

What QB are we hoestly getting that is an upgrade? Claussen maybe, I am taking a chance Gabbert finally gets it after a season with harbaugh. Powell is a JAG in my opinion and Johnson can have a decent season in Gaileys offense, I would then draft a RB in 2016. Milliner I have alwasy felt would make a great FS, that is my own opinion on Milliner.

What QB are we hoestly getting that is an upgrade? Claussen maybe, I am taking a chance Gabbert finally gets it after a season with harbaugh. Powell is a JAG in my opinion and Johnson can have a decent season in Gaileys offense, I would then draft a RB in 2016. Milliner I have alwasy felt would make a great FS, that is my own opinion on Milliner.

Obviously you put a lot of thought into this mock up (which is always appreciated). We have roughly $50mil in cap space. A need to upgrade the secondary, reinforce the Oline, and infuse some more talent on offense. You've tried to address all those, which again says you've got your thinking cap on, however it's the logic and decisions that seem poor. 

Keeping CJ?K, Gabbert? ...Letting Harvin go and just expecting Cooper to solve all the offensive woes? If we're ditching Harvin, then you gotta spend some dough on Crabtree, Nicks, etc. Somebody. If Decker gets hurt again, what are you expecting, Cooper to just take this team to the promised land on the legs of Chris Johnson? 

And trading Coples makes no sense. I've had with this trading Coples crap. We've got a new Defensive coaching staff, for the love of fck, lets see what they do with him. There's nothing but upside to keeping him, and lots of potential downside to trading him. 

You're halfway there.

Paradis, my problem with Coples is I see him and Mo as the same player. Can't keep both in my opinion unless we move to a 4-3.

if you saw them as the same player why not trade Wilkerson as he will be making a ton of money and we could probably get a first for him? I don't see them as the same player I think Wilkerson has a lot more talent but I don't think it would be worth throwing couples away for a 3rd round pick.

if you saw them as the same player why not trade Wilkerson as he will be making a ton of money and we could probably get a first for him? I don't see them as the same player I think Wilkerson has a lot more talent but I don't think it would be worth throwing couples away for a 3rd round pick.

I should have said same type of player. If we are moving to more of a 4 amn line I am all for keeping Coples. But I am not usisng him at OLB and wilth Richardson, Wilkerson and hopefully re-sign Harrison, Coples is the odd man out.

Archived