www.FireToddBowles.com

nj meadowlands

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/21/2016 at 7:10 PM, Shadetree said:

A freaking joke

One of the biggest problems  this franchise has is the merry go round at HC. Please stay with Bowles .

anyone read MMQB today? Peter king mentions how cowher had not won a super bowl in, like, forever. Then he had two losing seasons in a row but the Rooneys  signed him to an extension. 

And how about jack del rio? How many people here laughed at his skill-set? Well, He might be sitting at the top of the very strong AFC West when the clock strikes midnight tonight. 

We are severely lacking skilled defensive players at important skill positions. We have a QB situation from hell.

im sick to my stomache over this damn team. But dumping Bowles will make things worse, IMO 

Yeah.  Clearly Bowels has the respect of the team.

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No we don't Jets fans are the most resilient in the NFL this team hasn't won anything since 1969 we have earned the right to bitch moan and complain. 

we aren't resilient, we are whiners who quit at the first sign of trouble.  we have the worst atmosphere in the league at home games, we are the most impatient, we bash those that have had success here to pump up the next guys.  we are the worst and we are getting what we deserve.

Just now, nyjunc said:

we aren't resilient, we are whiners who quit at the first sign of trouble.  we have the worst atmosphere in the league at home games, we are the most impatient, we bash those that have had success here to pump up the next guys.  we are the worst and we are getting what we deserve.

Who's quitting 53 years and counting here..............impatient LOL getting what we deserve?  WOW just WOW 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Who's quitting 53 years and counting here..............impatient LOL getting what we deserve?  WOW just WOW 

Each new regime deserves a chance.  What happened 50 years ago has npo connection to the current regime.  Right now they are 0 for 2 not 0 for 50.  Good organizations don’t fire GMs/HCs every 2 years, bad ones do.

Just now, nyjunc said:

Each new regime deserves a chance.  What happened 50 years ago has npo connection to the current regime.  Right now they are 0 for 2 not 0 for 50.  Good organizations don’t fire GMs/HCs every 2 years, bad ones do.

When you make a mistake you fix the mistake sooner than later. 

16 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

When you make a mistake you fix the mistake sooner than later. 

yes, we should always fire based on a few bad games or a bad season lime w/ Pete Carroll, Mike Tannenbaum, rex.  this is why we are always so good.

Its good practice to let a player go early rather than later.

I don't think the same can be said for coaches and GMs

2 years is not enough time to change a culture.  Maybe it's a good thing some players quit last night.  Now they know who needs to go.  I hope there are drastic lineup changes for the last month. Bring up the PS, play the depth chart guys. Hopefully that clears up who the nucleus is going into next year.

They signed a bunch of stop gap players to try and stay competitive during a rebuild, mac put an out in most of these contracts. He should exercise those outs. The only goal for next season should be becoming the youngest, hungriest, fastest team we can put together. They do that, regardless of record, I would be happy. I don't buy there is talent on this team. The starting 22 is old and slow. The roster is bare.

3 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Cincinnati Bengals must be the model of excellence then with their winning once playoff game since 1991 or something but hey they have the same coach.

Look its one thing to give up on a coach because of a bad season its another to fire someone for incompetence.  I'd argue that Bowels is incompetent deserves to be fired if it were year 1 or 10.  Nothing is worse on a coaches resume than having a team quit on them and Bowels clearly had that happen to him this season.

3 minutes ago, SpartanJet said:

Cincinnati Bengals must be the model of excellence then with their winning once playoff game since 1991 or something but hey they have the same coach.

Look its one thing to give up on a coach because of a bad season its another to fire someone for incompetence.  I'd argue that Bowels is incompetent deserves to be fired if it were year 1 or 10.  Nothing is worse on a coaches resume than having a team quit on them and Bowels clearly had that happen to him this season.

they have been one of the best teams in the AFC this decade but I am sure their fans wish they could go back to 1991-2004 and all those good times pre Marvin Lewis.

Just now, nyjunc said:

they have been one of the best teams in the AFC this decade but I am sure their fans wish they could go back to 1991-2004 and all those good times pre Marvin Lewis.

How can you say they have been one of the best teams in the AFC yet can't win a playoff game.  The two can't exist together.

Just now, nyjunc said:

they are in the playoffs every year

And they lose in their first playoff game.  Kind of disqualifies them from being "one of the best in the AFC".  Being the best means winning the Superbowl and to do that you need to win playoff games which they don't.  This is the kind of stuff that let Wrecks stick around for so long, its not good enough to just appear in b2b AFC championships, you need to take that next step and win it.

7 minutes ago, SpartanJet said:

And they lose in their first playoff game.  Kind of disqualifies them from being "one of the best in the AFC".  Being the best means winning the Superbowl and to do that you need to win playoff games which they don't.  This is the kind of stuff that let Wrecks stick around for so long, its not good enough to just appear in b2b AFC championships, you need to take that next step and win it.

still one of the best, do you think Cincy fans would prefer making and losing in the playoffs or what they were pre-Lewis?  I'd much rather lose in the playoffs than watch what the 2016 Jets have done.

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

still one of the best, do you think Cincy fans would prefer making and losing in the playoffs or what they were pre-Lewis?  I'd much rather lose in the playoffs than watch what the 2016 Jets have done.

We are kind of going off topic we will just have to disagree but If Bowels had a "Marvin Lewis" type of coaching performance in year 1-2 I don't think many would be calling for his head this vehemently but by year 13 to not have won a playoff game I'd be just as anti Marvin Lewis as I am anti Bowels.  I just think when a coach displays as much incompetence at his job like Bowels has shown you don't need to wait and you shouldn't wait.

7 minutes ago, SpartanJet said:

We are kind of going off topic we will just have to disagree but If Bowels had a "Marvin Lewis" type of coaching performance in year 1-2 I don't think many would be calling for his head this vehemently but by year 13 to not have won a playoff game I'd be just as anti Marvin Lewis as I am anti Bowels.  I just think when a coach displays as much incompetence at his job like Bowels has shown you don't need to wait and you shouldn't wait.

I don't disagree with you, I think Lewis has been there long enough but Cincy easily could have fired him before this run too.  Coughlin was almost fired after 2006 and then they went on SB run, he was almost fired after 2010 and then they went on a SB run.  

On 12/7/2016 at 0:33 PM, RSJ said:

Jets fans won't even waste $250 and the time it would take to start a fire Bowles website.

This. Not spending a dime on garbage that'll get fired after a 3-13 season anyways. 

Archived