Geno Smith comming back with vengance

NCJETSFAN

The kid has the physical talent to succeed, the only questions are his commitment and his "thinking skills". Lets hope that the new QB coach teaches him how to watch film and stay interested when he is on the sidelines.  I would think that Him standing there on the sidelines by himself with no tablet or photos while the defense is on the field hasto be upseting to many fans.

He doesn't know what the f-he is looking at on the tablet anyway. Guy just doesn't have it. Bad footwork, slow reading defenses - especially pre snap - he doesn't recognize the blitz and he proved that over and over with bad sacks and picks thrown late. 

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is really semantics and doesn't matter in terms of this discussion, but I think Geno is a sh*tty scrambler.  The word scrambler denotes being able to move when under pressure.  I think Geno sucks at that.  Some guys can move around in the pocket and buy time all day.  Tarkenton in the old days.  Wilson and Rodgers are like that now.  Geno can run, but his lack of pocket awareness and presence means he blows as a scrambler IMO.  I think Geno is a poor man's Kaepernick.

Rex was the problem. Rex ruined Sanchez and was well on his way to ruining Geno, but I think we got rid of the loser in time for there to be a chance that Geno with good coaching can develop. Geno may still not be the guy but with Rex, Lee, Lal and to a lesser extent MM gone, Geno has a chance.

It is really semantics and doesn't matter in terms of this discussion, but I think Geno is a sh*tty scrambler.  The word scrambler denotes being able to move when under pressure.  I think Geno sucks at that.  Some guys can move around in the pocket and buy time all day.  Tarkenton in the old days.  Wilson and Rodgers are like that now.  Geno can run, but his lack of pocket awareness and presence means he blows as a scrambler IMO.  I think Geno is a poor man's Kaepernick.

Agree 100%

A good scrambler, when he's under pressure looks for two things.   Make a good foot move while looking up field, or takes the ball down and look for positive yards.

These panic QB's, (insert smith here) that run toward their own goal line, in the hopes that a miracle happens, and they make a great play, well they suck

I think Geno is a poor man's Kaepernick.

A poor man with a heroin addiction Kaepernick. Remember Bubbles from The Wire? He's that level of QB.

When he first got here I remember him scrambling and tossing it out of bounds when there was no play. Awesome. Take the incompletion, not the sack for a loss. Smart play. Live to play another down. I was all in. Thought we kinda maybe stole him.

Since then he's regressed badly. And I agree, he has no pocket awareness whatsoever. None. By week 8 of his first year I saw the writing on the wall.

Alot of you guys may have to find a new team to root for because Geno most likely will be taking snaps under center in 2015.  It is comical how short sighted some of you are.  Every qb has had bad games and not everyone is ready to start straight from college.  It was obvious Geno wasn't and both Idzik and Rex paid the price for trying to force feed him.   He is now coming into his 3rd year; lets see what he can do with a real OC and more weapons.  If he gets beat out in qb competition so be it.  If he wins the starting spot he will still need to play at a higher level to keep his job as the new regime has no ties to him;  Isn't that what we want when it is all said and done?

Alot of you guys may have to find a new team to root for because Geno most likely will be taking snaps under center in 2015. It is comical how short sighted some of you are. Every qb has had bad games and not everyone is ready to start straight from college. I was obvious Geno wasn't and both Idzik and Rex paid the price for trying to force feed him. He is now coming into his 3rd year; lets see what he can do with a real OC and more weapons. If he gets beat out in qb competition so be it. If he wins the starting spot he will still need to play at a higher level to keep his job as the new regime has no ties to him; Isn't that what we want when it is all said and done?

He got more weapons and a real OC last year. He didn't get better. He's just not very good.

He doesn't know what the f-he is looking at on the tablet anyway. Guy just doesn't have it. Bad footwork, slow reading defenses - especially pre snap - he doesn't recognize the blitz and he proved that over and over with bad sacks and picks thrown late. 

And he's incredibly innacurate, especially when on the run..  To succeed in the NFL you need pinpoint accuracy and he doesn't have it.

Even if he was the smartest QB in the league he's wouldn't be accurate to succeed in this league.

this is his prove it year.  lets hope we finally have a real legit back up to be ready for once in a million years

Yep. There is no way in hell we go into another season with all our eggs in Smith's basket.

I'd prefer to move away from him immediately but who knows, maybe he surprises us. 

He got more weapons and a real OC last year. He didn't get better. He's just not very good.

As I said, this is his 3rd year not 2nd and Chan Gailey (not "Time Out" Marty) has done alot more with less.  By the way he did get better, check the numbers.  As far as weapons are concerned, Decker was played hurt most of the year, Harvin didn't arrive until the season was already lost and Amaro played like a rookie most of the year.  This is his last year to prove he can do the job, if he can't cut it I have no problem saying goodbye.  

As I said, this is his 3rd year not 2nd and Chan Gailey (not "Time Out" Marty) has done alot more with less. By the way he did get better, check the numbers. As far as weapons are concerned, Decker was played hurt most of the year, Harvin didn't arrive until the season was already lost and Amaro played like a rookie most of the year. This is his last year to prove he can do the job, if he can't cut it I have no problem saying goodbye.

Why? His ceiling is below average QB. His floor is worst starter in the league. What's the point in handing him another season, unless you want to be picking in the top ten again next season?

Geno will be the starter in 2015.

I just don't see anyone out their that will beat him out.

Even if we draft Mariota, Geno will be the starter.

He'll be on a REALLY SHORT LEASH though with this regime.

There's just nobody out there who is actually better. Not a compliment to Geno just a knock on the abysmal talent in the free agent qb pool and this draft class. Sean friggin Mannion is considered a top 5 qb in this draft class most years he wouldn't even get drafted.

Why? His ceiling is below average QB. His floor is worst starter in the league. What's the point in handing him another season, unless you want to be picking in the top ten again next season?

Because everybody out there stinks even worse then Geno. Those meaningless wins over the titans and phins cost us Winston.

All of you guys are in for a rude awakening. People keep talking about the addition of weapons?

A lame Decker with a bad hammy.

CJ2 who did nothing except drop passes in the beginning of the year.

A rookie TE Amaro who was learning on the go & had 6 drops! All of them wide open & right on his hands.

Harvin showing up in the middle of the season.

Do you guys know how long it takes to jell as an offense?

Just look to the Pats when Brady had all new receivers & they tried to incorporate Thompkins & another rookie.

They are not even there anymore, Brady didn't think they picked things up quickly enough.

This is a team game!

Was it Genos fault that we lost in a Green Bay?

Yes he had a few stinkers, all young QBs do. I'm just telling you that Genos story isn't over yet. With a new regime Geno will get his last chance but this idea that he should be cut is beyond ridiculous.

Is Locker any better? Hoyer? I honestly think the only QB out there that would beat him out is Nick Foles, but who knows whether getting him is even possible.

All of you guys are in for a rude awakening. People keep talking about the addition of weapons?

A rookie TE Amaro who was learning on the go & had 6 drops! All of them wide open & right on his hands.

Just look to the Pats when Brady had all new receivers & they tried to incorporate Thompkins & another rookie.

They are not even there anymore, Brady didn't think they picked things up quickly enough.

This is a team game!

Yes he had a few stinkers, all young QBs do. I'm just telling you that Genos story isn't over yet. With a new regime Geno will get his last chance but this idea that he should be cut is beyond ridiculous.

Is Locker any better? Hoyer? I honestly think the only QB out there that would beat him out is Nick Foles, but who knows whether getting him is even possible.

You gave me some advice, so I will return the favor. Don't get into it with these folks. This is pure hate. 

This is a team game!

Awesome post.  

Why because you say so? I would rather see what Bowles and Gailey decide. 

And we will. I don't see it working out for Geno. His time as the Jets starting QB is nearing a conclusion.

You may be correct; I am hoping he gets his act together.  We have invested 2 seasons in him and I would like to see him pay back that faith the previous regime had in him.  

Yep. There is no way in hell we go into another season with all our eggs in Smith's basket.

I'd prefer to move away from him immediately but who knows, maybe he surprises us. 

But the problem is that there's no one that we can replace him with that would do any better.

Geno is dumb.

Geno isn't a leader.

Geno doesn't recognize blitzes.

Geno isn't accurate.

If Geno is the starter next year we are doomed. 6 wins max as a team. Geno might be MVP of two of those games, and we'll win the other four in spite of him.

He is god-awful and I have very very very little faith that he's the starter week 1. But...it's the Jets, so he probably starts.

Geno is dumb.

Geno isn't a leader.

Geno doesn't recognize blitzes.

Geno isn't accurate.

If Geno is the starter next year we are doomed. 6 wins max as a team. Geno might be MVP of two of those games, and we'll win the other four in spite of him.

He is god-awful and I have very very very little faith that he's the starter week 1. But...it's the Jets, so he probably starts.

Pretty much this. I will be surprised if he's the starter in week 1 though.

Archived