Could the jets conceiveably come out of this draft with

Tinstar

The top Pass rusher

Shane Ray 

The top RB

Todd Gurley

The top WR

Dorial Green-Beckham

In the 1st, the Jets will probably have their choice of Shane Ray, Dante Fowler Jr  and Vic Beasley

In the 2nd, is where it gets interesting. Due to injury, the Jets will probably have a shot at Todd Gurley .

In the 3rd, the Jets will probably have a shot at DGB due to his character issues.

Take away the injury and Gurley is probably a 1st and the best RB in the draft due to his versatility.

Take away the Off the field concerns, and nobody in this draft offers the skill set of DGB.

Add DGB and Gurley to our offense and  we now have weapons at every level.

It would then be up to the trigger man whoever that is and the OC.

Why do you like Ray so much?

He's got the size, the strength, the speed and the 1st step that you can't teach off the snap but most importantly, he's mean on the football field. He works for me if the Jets are staying with the 34 as an OLBer or in the 43 as a DE. 

I think Fowler and Beasley are 34 OLBers only.

I don't think DGB makes it to round three, I really don't think he even makes it to us in the second. 

I am hoping his character issues lets him slip to the 3rd. Without those issues (which are severe) that kid is far and away the best WR in this draft.

I am hoping his character issues lets him slip to the 3rd. Without those issues (which are severe) that kid is far and away the best WR in this draft.

I dont want any player with his type of character issues. In today's NFL you can't even beat your kids without losing a years work. I'd stay away from this dude. 

I dont want any player with his type of character issues. In today's NFL you can't even beat your kids without losing a years work. I'd stay away from this dude. 

Does he have any kids ?  In the 3rd with his talent, I take a chance.

The top Pass rusher

Shane Ray 

The top RB

Todd Gurley

The top WR

Dorial Green-Beckham

In the 1st, the Jets will probably have their choice of Shane Ray, Dante Fowler Jr  and Vic Beasley

In the 2nd, is where it gets interesting. Due to injury, the Jets will probably have a shot at Todd Gurley .

In the 3rd, the Jets will probably have a shot at DGB due to his character issues.

Take away the injury and Gurley is probably a 1st and the best RB in the draft due to his versatility.

Take away the Off the field concerns, and nobody in this draft offers the skill set of DGB.

If those are our 1st 3 picks I be in heaven

Listen man if we can nab a top pass rusher (Ray, Fowler, Beasly) a top WR (DGB, Amari,White) and a top RB (Gurley or Gordon); I'd be ecstatic. I hope DGB falls to where you say he will, I just think a championship team with take a chance on him in the early 1st or a WR needy team will take him in the early second.

Listen man if we can nab a top pass rusher (Ray, Fowler, Beasly) a top WR (DGB, Amari,White) and a top RB (Gurley or Gordon); I'd be ecstatic. I hope DGB falls to where you say he will, I just think a championship team with take a chance on him in the early 1st or a WR needy team will take him in the early second.

Championship teams don't draft in the early first.

Championship teams don't draft in the early first.

I meant to say late first. This happens every year, a guy who has character concerns is mocked in the second, eventually after working out privately with teams, at the combine and at their pro day, they start to get mocked into the late first, where they are eventually taken by a team like the Broncos, Ravens, Pats, Seahawks, etc.  

I don't see Gurley lasting till the 38th pick. the jags, Oakland and Tenn all have big needs at RB, as do the Pats, Balt, Denver and maybe even Seattle.  Beckham may be there in the 2nd

As you note, he could be considered the top WR in the draft, guys may shy away in the first but not in the 2nd. .

Sorry Tin, it's a pipe dream. 

When you possess the kind of talent DGB and Gurley do, everything else eventually becomes white noise. The closer to draft day, the more teams start to say - Why not?

Behavior and Injuries aside, Gurley and Beckham are the #1 and #2 talents in the whole draft class... obviously, those are pretty serious "asides" but, nonetheless. Once in a blue moon talent.

Sorry Tin, it's a pipe dream. 

When you possess the kind of talent DGB and Gurley do, everything else eventually becomes white noise. The closer to draft day, the more teams start to say - Why not?

Behavior and Injuries aside, Gurley and Beckham are the #1 and #2 talents in the whole draft class... obviously, those are pretty serious "asides" but, nonetheless. Once in a blue moon talent.

I believe that you maybe right, but I do also believe that the Jets could have a shot at DGB in the 2nd round and depending on who they take in the 1st, it could come down to either an OT or this player.

The top Pass rusher

Shane Ray 

The top RB

Todd Gurley

The top WR

Dorial Green-Beckham

I doubt that. Gurley will fall because of injury but Beckham will be picked in the first round. Jets may not get any of these especially if Ray goes earlier.

I don't think DGB makes it to round three, I really don't think he even makes it to us in the second. 

He didn't have a poor combine performance but he wasn't great either I think there is a slim chance he falls to round 3 but no doubt he will fall to our round 2 pick.

He didn't have a poor combine performance but he wasn't great either I think there is a slim chance he falls to round 3 but no doubt he will fall to our round 2 pick.

What are you talking about he's a 6'6 who runs a sub 4.5 40. Too many teams need receivers and it's way too valuable a position now.

I'd keep saying trade back grab DGB, the kid is the new Randy Moss.

DGB is by far the best argument for trading down. Can you imagine if Brady got his hands on this type of WR? Or if the giants paired him with OBJ?

I would consider DGB at 6 he is going to be a machine.

If it's a lock he makes it to us in round 2 definitely nab him, but I feel like the Pats, Seahawks,49ers, Ravens will all take a shot at him at the end of the first and if not the Bucs, Titans, or Raiders might take him ahead of us in the second. He's 6'5"and ran a 4.49 plus he's one of the top 5 receivers in this draft with the top 3 likely to go within the top 10. Its all speculation but he's a top 10 talent, I don't see how he falls all the way to round 3 and how it's a sure lock he'll fall to round 2

If it's a lock he makes it to us in round 2 definitely nab him, but I feel like the Pats, Seahawks,49ers, Ravens will all take a shot at him at the end of the first and if not the Bucs, Titans, or Raiders might take him ahead of us in the second. He's 6'5"and ran a 4.49 plus he's one of the top 5 receivers in this draft with the top 3 likely to go within the top 10. Its all speculation but he's a top 10 talent, I don't see how he falls all the way to round 3 and how it's a sure lock he'll fall to round 2

More likely he doesn't make it to our second rd pick.

I would count the Raiders out because they are likely to grab Kevin White after his performance, Seahawks and Pats will likely stay away from DGB as well because of his character issues. I highly doubt the Bucs even draft a WR in the early to mid rounds this year unless it is a small fast slot guy to compliment Evans, Jackson, and Seferian-Jenkins (unless of course they let Jackson go which is also doubtful). The only two teams I could see taking a swing on this guy before we pick in round 2 are the Panthers who would love a big guy to pair up with Kelvin Benjamin or the Titans who could really use any recievers. We will see what happens though still have a lot of pro days and some free agency before we can really say who will need what positions and its always possible a team that doesn't need a WR takes a swing on him.

I would count the Raiders out because they are likely to grab Kevin White after his performance, Seahawks and Pats will likely stay away from DGB as well because of his character issues. I highly doubt the Bucs even draft a WR in the early to mid rounds this year unless it is a small fast slot guy to compliment Evans, Jackson, and Seferian-Jenkins (unless of course they let Jackson go which is also doubtful). The only two teams I could see taking a swing on this guy before we pick in round 2 are the Panthers who would love a big guy to pair up with Kelvin Benjamin or the Titans who could really use any recievers. We will see what happens though still have a lot of pro days and some free agency before we can really say who will need what positions and its always possible a team that doesn't need a WR takes a swing on him.

I definitely think all draft talk is slightly premature because free agency really does change a teams needs, although a lot of teams should take BPA, many take a position of need. I can see the Ravens having a problem with DGB off the field stuff because Rice is fresh in our minds but the Pats afraid of off field concerns? The media paints them as a rehab center or military school for DGB type guys (though I don't know how much Aaron Hernandez changes that image). But like I said I think there's a few teams who will take a shot on him before the Jets pick in round 2, doubt he's available and if he is, take him.

• 2 weeks later...

Mariotta, Jalen Strong, Tre Jackson.  Sign Locker to QB....Revis, Cro or Maxwell CB, McCourtey or Moore S, Jerry Huges LB, Spiller RB and Lupati  G.   Done.

Mariotta, Jalen Strong, Tre Jackson.  Sign Locker to QB....Revis, Cro or Maxwell CB, McCourtey or Moore S, Jerry Huges LB, Spiller RB and Lupati  G.   Done.

I personally don't really like Mariota, if he was available I'd hope we trade with the Eagles. Also, I'd prefer not signing Revis as he's in his 30s now and is going to want upwards of 12 mill, everything else I'm cool with though.

I wonder if Titans fans are saying to themselves:  Are those N Y Jet fans crazy or do they not know that Jake Locker sucks.  Have they watch this kid play or do they only see cut up of his good plays and believe what certain talking heads say about Jake.  

Who on earth  would want Jake Locker as their starting QB  ?

Strong will not make it to the second round.  There may be as many 7 receivers taken in the first round.  Cooper, White, Parker, Strong, DGB, D. Smith and possibly Coates.

Strong will not make it to the second round.  There may be as many 7 receivers taken in the first round.  Cooper, White, Parker, Strong, DGB, D. Smith and possibly Coates.

I would be shocked if this happens . 3 maybe 4, and the 4th is going to be a surprise.

Archived