Better Call Saul

Fishooked

No thread on this yet? Shocked

Been looking forward to this for a long time - anyone watch it yet?

Watched the first episode and loved it (2nd one I'm watching on the DVR tonight), his character was one of my favorites from Breaking Bad - reviews are looking positive pretty much everywhere. 

Odenkirk is tremendous 

No thread on this yet? Shocked

Been looking forward to this for a long time - anyone watch it yet?

Watched the first episode and loved it (2nd one I'm watching on the DVR tonight), his character was one of my favorites from Breaking Bad - reviews are looking positive pretty much everywhere. 

Odenkirk is tremendous 

Just saw the first episode as well.  Great stuff; agree with you re Odenkirk.  Looking forward to the rest of the season.

I absolutely love what I'm seeing so far.

Odenkirk is great. I really dig how they filmed that opening "current day" stuff in black and white at the beginning of the first episode, before they started down the path of how McGill becomes Saul. Odenkirk is fantastic, yes.

Big fan of the decision to immediately introduce some of the Breaking Bad characters right off the bat. Was great seeing Mike and Tuco!

If you have not seen the first season of Fargo, do yourself a favor and watch it.

Odenkirk is great in that show as well. 

Looking forward to the next season of Fargo, but I hear it's a long way off. Interesting how Season2 will have a whole new cast of characters. 

If you have not seen the first season of Fargo, do yourself a favor and watch it.

Odenkirk is great in that show as well.

Looking forward to the next season of Fargo, but I hear it's a long way off. Interesting how Season2 will have a whole new cast of characters.

Odenkirk is a talent. I've been a fan of his since Mr Show on hbo in the 90's

Love the show, but have to admit to missing a transition. The Cinnabon gig is a foreshadow? And his name really is Jimmy McGill? I went into this thinking this was post-Breaking Bad. Did I miss that entirely?

Are you really that out of touch?  I have not watched it yet and I know the answers to all of that.  S'all good man.

Love the show, but have to admit to missing a transition. The Cinnabon gig is a foreshadow? And his name really is Jimmy McGill? I went into this thinking this was post-Breaking Bad. Did I miss that entirely?

Rewatch breaking bad. Saul tells White he's a fellow Irishman with last name McGill. Changed his name because his clients want "a member of the tribe"

I googled it. It's a prequel. You're all bullies.

The black and white sequence where he's paranoid about being recognized in Cinnabon is post-Breaking Bad. Anyone that loves nuance and detail should be able to gather this from the scene in which he watches "better call Saul" ad takes on the VCR. 

When it goes to full-color it is starting down the prequel path, the story of how McGill becomes Saul, essentially.

• 2 weeks later...

"Hey, I'll roundhouse kick in your head, if you think won't. I'll come into McDonalds where you work. I'll buy the whole damn place and I'll fire you. I'll say drop your mops you buttholes, cuz you're fired. And I'll roundhouse kick you right in your stupid heads. Then I'll go Jean Claude Van Damme on you . . you buttholes."

"Hey, I'll roundhouse kick in your head, if you think won't. I'll come into McDonalds where you work. I'll buy the whole damn place and I'll fire you. I'll say drop your mops you buttholes, cuz you're fired. And I'll roundhouse kick you right in your stupid heads. Then I'll go Jean Claude Van Damme on you . . you buttholes."

Just mean enough to get 'robbed', without actually getting beat up.  Reminded me of Monty Python & Holy Grail....  "I fart in your general direction!"

• 2 weeks later...

Archived