Better Call Saul

Fishooked

The last episode was a dark u turn...and awesome. Give Jonathan Banks his Emmy and be done with it.

I'm usually slow on the uptake with these plot twists but once I saw him look at the cops at the other end of the bar I knew what he was doing.  Great episode.  

I'm usually slow on the uptake with these plot twists but once I saw him look at the cops at the other end of the bar I knew what he was doing.  Great episode.  

help me out, I'm a bit slow...  Did he break into the police car to hide the 2nd gun?  He pulled it out of nowhere, and they'd patted him down before putting him in it, so I assume that was the plan. 

But yeah, I hope Mike stays with the show.  He's awesome (for now...).

help me out, I'm a bit slow...  Did he break into the police car to hide the 2nd gun?  He pulled it out of nowhere, and they'd patted him down before putting him in it, so I assume that was the plan. 

But yeah, I hope Mike stays with the show.  He's awesome (for now...).

They did a half-a$$ed pat down and he had the second gun in his boot.  When they got to the site he pulled it from the boot and tucked it in his waistband before they got around to his door.

They did a half-a$$ed pat down and he had the second gun in his boot.  When they got to the site he pulled it from the boot and tucked it in his waistband before they got around to his door.

Didn't he break into the cop car before and hid it between the seats?

Didn't he break into the cop car before and hid it between the seats?

Totally forgot about that part...he did  hide it.  I glanced away from the screen for a second and then saw him reaching for the gun and thought it came from his boot.  Forgot about the start of the scene when he broke in to the car.

So gald he's a badass in this because I loved him in breaking bad.

I am really enjoying the show so far. Can't go wrong when you have a spinoff showcasing the 2 best characters of the original. Mike was my favorite character on breaking bad.

Mine too.

My wife and I got caught up on the last 2 episodes tonight, she apparently watched ep 6 already, so the whole time she's watching me watch the episode and then at the end she just burst with jubilation about how GREAT it was and how well acted Mike's part was. It was like role reversal, it's usually me raving about that stuff to her. I was a proud Mr. Ape, I was.

Totally forgot about that part...he did  hide it.  I glanced away from the screen for a second and then saw him reaching for the gun and thought it came from his boot.  Forgot about the start of the scene when he broke in to the car.

So gald he's a badass in this because I loved him in breaking bad.

You can't do that. There are no wasted scenes in Vince Gilligan's world.

Take for instance ep 7, the scene before Saul goes into to find his brother trying to "cure" himself. There's a caterpillar and a cocoon thing going on in the foreground. Very intentional. Or the scene where Saul is flipping through the law book looking for "embezzlement", at first he opens it to "electricity". This harkens to the moral conflict of Saul, he wants to do things the right way, the way that would make his brother proud, even though it is his nature and his talent to do things Slippin Jimmy's way.

It's all intentional. Whether for symbolism or nuance. The entire show is architected in a way where there just isn't anything to look away from.

You can't do that. There are no wasted scenes in Vince Gilligan's world.

Take for instance ep 7, the scene before Saul goes into to find his brother trying to "cure" himself. There's a caterpillar and a cocoon thing going on in the foreground. Very intentional. Or the scene where Saul is flipping through the law book looking for "embezzlement", at first he opens it to "electricity". This harkens to the moral conflict of Saul, he wants to do things the right way, the way that would make his brother proud, even though it is his nature and his talent to do things Slippin Jimmy's way.

It's all intentional. Whether for symbolism or nuance. The entire show is architected in a way where there just isn't anything to look away from.

So true...looking back at all the hidden gems in "Breaking Bad" was pretty awesome when it went viral a few months ago.  The guy is a genius.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.2153970

Jonathan Banks better call Bob Odenkirk - and thank him for the role of a lifetime.

In an interview with Rolling Stone, the "Better Call Saul" star revealed that Banks' character, Mike Ehrmantraut, was created after Odenkirk was unable to film episodes of "Breaking Bad," the drama that spawned "Saul."

"I thought I was up for three episodes of 'Breaking Bad' - well, they wanted me for four, but I could only do three 'cause I was in 'How I Met Your Mother,'" Odenkirk said, referring to his recurring guest stint as Marshall's boss Arthur Hobbs on the popular comedy.

"They actually added the character of Mike because I couldn't make that fourth week, and they needed another character to get that information across, so that's amazing right there.

"Thank you, 'How I Met Your Mother,'" Odenkirk said.

Ehrmantraut was introduced on Season 2 of "Breaking Bad" when Walter White called his attorney Saul Goodman (Odenkirk) to help him out of a jam. Goodman instead sent mysterious "fixer" Ehrmantraut to assist, and the character became a fan favorite with a major role in the next three seasons of the show.

Great show, probably my favorite show on TV right now, but there aren't a whole lot of good ones on right now anyway.  

We hear nothing of his brother on Breaking Bad I believe, and we know he ends up at a strip mall under false name, so I wonder how this falls apart.  I'm guessing his brother ends up in some kind of scandal, ruining the name.   

Great show, probably my favorite show on TV right now, but there aren't a whole lot of good ones on right now anyway.  

We hear nothing of his brother on Breaking Bad I believe, and we know he ends up at a strip mall under false name, so I wonder how this falls apart.  I'm guessing his brother ends up in some kind of scandal, ruining the name.   

I hope that's all it is, and the real estate co doesn't bump him off.  Either way, Future Saul doesn't look like a guy with 20million in his safe for sure.

I hope that's all it is, and the real estate co doesn't bump him off.  Either way, Future Saul doesn't look like a guy with 20million in his safe for sure.

Yeah, it's an interesting arch, especially the girl as well.  My only other prediction was that they win the case, but since Chuck still works for Hamlin, the money goes to the firm, leaving Saul with little, and that causes a major rift, and then something happens altogether to the firm.  

One of the few shows where the spin off is actually worth watching.  

• 2 weeks later...

Not my favorite finale, but the season overall was really good. Gilligan and his co-show runner spent the first season on "Slippin' Jimmy" and why he could become Saul Goodman. And we still actually haven't gotten to that point. No other show would be afforded that kind of time. I don't mind it, I say take your time..will make the compilation even better.

The "Pimento" scene was the far and away the funniest 3 minutes of TV I can recall.Very much like the show itself: you know how this is ending(Mike is gonna ...if you haven't seen it), but the ride is fun. 

I was really nervous about this show, thinking this could be a huge trainwreck but Gilligan and Odenkirk really pulled off something special. While taking place in the same universe as Breaking Bad it really feels like it's own thing. That's a tough needle to thread.

Also really liked that it turned out that Howard wasn't such a prick after all. Jimmy's brother being the a$$hole was a great and, as it turns out, necessary twist. 

• 3 months later...

Archived