Jon Stewart retiring

Morrissey

Leno gets a bad rap. But he was a comedian who plays Vegas before he got the job, and he is still that. Only difference is he now has a pile of money. He always appealed to the broad middle which isn't very cool. but it's a goldmine. Leno doesn't have the anger of Letterman, not now not ever. It's not his fault NBC saw Conan O'Brien didn;t have that broad appeal; it' still about making money. It's something Fallon seems to understand as well. And Leno appears to be enjoying life, Don't get people who work until their last day as if the building will fall down if they're not in it 24/7.

My pops saw a lot of the old greats live. Woody, Youngman, Rodney, Carlin, Kinison...etc. Saw Leno way back in the day before The Tonight Show (in Vegas I think). To this day he still swears that Leno is the funniest guy he ever saw live.

Leno gets a bad rap. But he was a comedian who plays Vegas before he got the job, and he is still that. Only difference is he now has a pile of money. He always appealed to the broad middle which isn't very cool. but it's a goldmine. Leno doesn't have the anger of Letterman, not now not ever. It's not his fault NBC saw Conan O'Brien didn;t have that broad appeal; it' still about making money. It's something Fallon seems to understand as well. And Leno appears to be enjoying life, Don't get people who work until their last day as if the building will fall down if they're not in it 24/7.

Leno and his guys in the nbc board room torpedoed Conan by having that silly 10 o'clock Jay Leno talk show that got 0 ratings. Network tv is all about lead in unlike cable where shows are on an island. Your dealing with an older audience that doesn't like to flip channels the way young people do.

Stewart certainly appeases the hipster mothers basement crowd, but lets not act like he was johnny carson here.

He was good at what he does, and did a little bit of pioneering, at a time in popular culture when neither of those things matters much anymore.

nope not at all, you on the other hand tried, I along with others ignored you

Jon Stewart was an openly liberal journalist who claimed satire while actively reporting current events. You can't have it both ways and you can't pretend that you aren't blowing a Marxist kiss at the whole board with this thread. Your reponse is so typical though that it just further confirms.

Stewart certainly appeases the hipster mothers basement crowd, but lets not act like he was johnny carson here.

Agreed 100%.  He didn't create the polarization of American politics, but he sure made money on it.  To the extent that he is self-aware I credit his opportunism.  To the extent that he actually he believes he is any better than demagogues of different political stripes he is a bore.

Jon Stewart was an openly liberal journalist who claimed satire while actively reporting current events. You can't have it both ways and you can't pretend that you aren't blowing a Marxist kiss at the whole board with this thread. Your reponse is so typical though that it just further confirms.

Stewarts show is the same sh-t as half the shows on Fox News where you have hot chicks + ugly guys who think they're hilarious. I have to watch the five in mute those clowns jokes are so lame it interrupts me trying to complete while looking at Kimberly guilfoyle

Archived