Post your surprise pick for the Jets at 6...

Beerfish

Well, I mocked Dante to us in my pre-combine mock, and I moved Fowler into the #1 OLB spot... so either of those two. If I was going to pull a total shocker out of the hat, I'd say Danny Shelton becomes our 3-4 NT and makes snacks and Ellis an afterthought. 

Well, I mocked Dante to us in my pre-combine mock, and I moved Fowler into the #1 OLB spot... so either of those two. If I was going to pull a total shocker out of the hat, I'd say Danny Shelton becomes our 3-4 NT and makes snacks and Ellis an afterthought. 

I agreed with you on a pick?  OMG!  Time to rethink my evaluations!

Yea let's draft him... I'd really like to see him in a Jets uniform.  All other picks to me don't make much sense. 

I'm actually not for him, I think we invested enough in the secondary and defense, have to go offense as the best case scenario or LB crew if we go on defense because we get killed in the middle as well.  I feel like LBs are probably easier to project than secondary players, so I'd be pretty unhappy if it is Collins.   However, it would be surprising if we took him, lol. 

Oh God no

He's a good safety, but we have other needs.  

another Bama DB lmao

A factory!

I'm actually not for him, I think we invested enough in the secondary and defense, have to go offense as the best case scenario or LB crew if we go on defense because we get killed in the middle as well.  I feel like LBs are probably easier to project than secondary players, so I'd be pretty unhappy if it is Collins.   However, it would be surprising if we took him, lol. 

He's a good safety, but we have other needs.  

A factory!

If you think about it taking him (Collins) there makes a lot of sense.  We can get a wide out of equal value in rounds 2-4.  There are so many wideouts in this draft that using a first rounder on one doesn't make sense.  I think going for tevin coleman in maybe round 2-3 would also be a great value pick.  

Everyone always suggests going for a QB in round one when it hardly ever pans out.  It's simply too risky for us right now to invest in guys like Mariota or Winston.  

Andrus Peat

Agree here.

I could see Jets taking the future franchise LT in Peat to eventually replace D'Brick. The shocker would be selecting a startingRT when the "best" - Scherf- most likely still on the board.

Fortify the trenches and this team will compete

If you think about it taking him (Collins) there makes a lot of sense.  We can get a wide out of equal value in rounds 2-4.  There are so many wideouts in this draft that using a first rounder on one doesn't make sense.  I think going for tevin coleman in maybe round 2-3 would also be a great value pick.  

Everyone always suggests going for a QB in round one when it hardly ever pans out.  It's simply too risky for us right now to invest in guys like Mariota or Winston.  

I think Collins can be good, but we have too much invested in the secondary again and again, and need to address other areas of need going into the draft.  I don't think Collins is enough of a game changer at safety for us to forsake offense or at worst LB right now.  

I don't really trust Alabama DBs to live up to their hype because they play with the cards stacked for them.  Usually, they are winning, so teams are much more likely to try and pass against them, and they get enough pressure that these DBs can take way more chances than normal.  If he was an Ed Reed type player, sure, but I don't think he is.  Does he help an area of need?  Absolutely, hence why I have him as a surprise pick.  However, we have other areas of needs with guys that project better at their position than Collins does, so I would rather take them as of now.   

I think Collins can be good, but we have too much invested in the secondary again and again, and need to address other areas of need going into the draft.  I don't think Collins is enough of a game changer at safety for us to forsake offense or at worst LB right now.  

I don't really trust Alabama DBs to live up to their hype because they play with the cards stacked for them.  Usually, they are winning, so teams are much more likely to try and pass against them, and they get enough pressure that these DBs can take way more chances than normal.  If he was an Ed Reed type player, sure, but I don't think he is.  Does he help an area of need?  Absolutely, hence why I have him as a surprise pick.  However, we have other areas of needs with guys that project better at their position than Collins does, so I would rather take them as of now.   

Collins is a good safety but no safety warrants a top 10 pick, Collins to Iggles is a good slot for him

Agree here.

I could see Jets taking the future franchise LT in Peat to eventually replace D'Brick. The shocker would be selecting a startingRT when the "best" - Scherf- most likely still on the board.

Fortify the trenches and this team will compete

The day Scherff starts week 1 next September does he automatically become the strongest player in the nfl?

Archived