One record that will never be broken

TuscanyTile2

Incredibly, Mark Moseley won NFL MVP in 1982.  I can't imagine it ever happening again.  But even if by some insane miracle it did happen, that same kicker would have to win another NFL MVP to pass Moseley.  Not going to happen.

No wonder they shortened that NFL year. If the best player in the league is a placekicker I'd shut down shop too. lol. 

babe ruth hit more home runs than entire teams did one year, 1920 i think

that is gonna be tough to break as well

some dude threw two no hitters in one day I think.  maybe two wins.  whatever it was no MLB pitcher is pitchin in 2 games in one day anymore

The only record in sports that will never ever ever ever be broken is Johnny Vander Meer's consecutive no-hitters record. You have to throw 2 in a row just to tie it.

The thing is, it's at least mathematically possible to break that record. But it isn't mathematically possible to break Dorsett's record. Unless, that is, advancing a fumble counts as rushing yards. But that seems to me to be equivalent to counting an interception as a reception.

The only record in sports that will never ever ever ever be broken is Johnny Vander Meer's consecutive no-hitters record. You have to throw 2 in a row just to tie it.

There are plenty of records in baseball set in the early 1900s that won't be broken.  No one will ever top Cy Young's number of wins or losses.  The way baseball is played today makes those impossible.

There are plenty of records in baseball set in the early 1900s that won't be broken.  No one will ever top Cy Young's number of wins or losses.  The way baseball is played today makes those impossible.

I agree, but I think I also look at those records as products of their era more than things to be broken. Cy Young's record is unbreakable because the sport institutionalized itself in another direction, so for me I just kind of put those up in a glass case for comparison's sake. Like Chesbro's 41 wins or something.

Archived