Bryan Bulaga, RT, Packers. Age: 25

LAD_Brooklyn

Missed all of 2013 with a torn ACL but cameback strong in 2014. If he was to hit the market I think we should target him. Move Breno to RG for the season.

LT Brick, LG ?, C Mangold, RG Breno, RT Bulaga

Id do it. Alot of people couldn't understand why I said that I'd rather pass on those high profile WR Free agents like Thomas and Bryant. I said that I'd rather get Torrey Smith and spread the money around. The reason why I didnt want those high profile WR's is because I wanted Iupati and Bulaga. I heard that Bulaga came back from that ACL as if he was never out of the game for a year. I doubt the Packers let him go, but if they do our offensive line is set if we get those two. 

You guys overrate Aboushi. I saw nothing positive about him last season other than he wasn't Brian Winters.

He had a nice game against the pats, but then had 2 or 3 sub par games in a row. Fans here keep ragging on dbrick, but he had bad play on both sides of him at TE and LG.

I can't see how the team can afford both Iupati and Baluga though. You would be spending 1/3rd of your cap on oline. 

You guys overrate Aboushi. I saw nothing positive about him last season other than he wasn't Brian Winters.

He played very well and made some outstanding blocks that lead to bigplays in the running game. All that not even considering the fact that he had zero experience until he was thrown to the fire in the middle of the season. He started out a little bit slow but by the end of the season he was already a rock solid starting guard in my book. Good run blocker, solid in pass protection. He's got a lot of upside & potential.

He had a nice game against the pats, but then had 2 or 3 sub par games in a row. Fans here keep ragging on dbrick, but he had bad play on both sides of him at TE and LG.

I can't see how the team can afford both Iupati and Baluga though. You would be spending 1/3rd of your cap on oline.

I'd rather just sign Iupati and Draft Scherff. We would have the best offensive line in the nfl

I've seen this a lot, what makes everyone think the 6'7" Breno can transition so seemlessly to Guard?

If we can find better then we can just cut our losses and release him. But without going that far I would assume he can at least play average or if not better then our alternatives on the roster.

I'd rather just sign Iupati and Draft Scherff. We would have the best offensive line in the nfl

That's not crazy talk!

With 50 million to spend & high draft picks in every round.

We have a dominant Dline. They could build a dominant Oline with just those 2 moves.

They would still have 43 million to have some fun with depending on how they structured Iupati.

He showed that he at least provides solid depth. I'd still look to upgrade the position though. We should go after Iupati in free agency.

OK I'll buy that.    I also agree with you on Lupati.   BTW, I haven't given up on Dozier yet.  it is concerning though that as bad as the guard situation was last year he couldn't get some reps.

If we can find better then we can just cut our losses and release him. But without going that far I would assume he can at least play average or if not better then our alternatives on the roster.

Neither of our current tackles would be worth a squirt of pee pee at the Guard position.  Too tall.  Too top-heavy.  The prototype guard is thick legged and big butted, more squat and powerful in his punch.  Usually a liability in space but quick enough to pull in either direction and has a quick first step forward to reach LB's inside.  Brick is none of these things.  Breno could be an option though his frame doesn't match--he's got the nastiness to play inside.  Would rather see some maulers at the guard spot, honestly.  We need to run and control the ball and clock until we find ourselves a QB.

Neither of our current tackles would be worth a squirt of pee pee at the Guard position.  Too tall.  Too top-heavy.  The prototype guard is thick legged and big butted, more squat and powerful in his punch.  Usually a liability in space but quick enough to pull in either direction and has a quick first step forward to reach LB's inside.  Brick is none of these things.  Breno could be an option though his frame doesn't match--he's got the nastiness to play inside.  Would rather see some maulers at the guard spot, honestly.  We need to run and control the ball and clock until we find ourselves a QB.

Then we'd better draft some big 12-year olds because they may need to play for the next 25 years.

That's not crazy talk!

With 50 million to spend & high draft picks in every round.

We have a dominant Dline. They could build a dominant Oline with just those 2 moves.

They would still have 43 million to have some fun with depending on how they structured Iupati.

Unless you have a great qb like Brady or Manning you need a dominant o-line. Sticking with JAG's like Winters and Aboushi is what gets you the 6-10 or 4-12 seasons.

Unless you have a great qb like Brady or Manning you need a dominant o-line. Sticking with JAG's like Winters and Aboushi is what gets you the 6-10 or 4-12 seasons.

I totally agree.

Like I said they would still have approximately 43 mill still!

Don't know how it will shake out but I believe with the money the Jets have Bowles & the GM will target OLB & CB in free agency.

Hardest guys to find. Not out of the realm of possibility that Jets have a Revis reunion.

Imagine Revis & Jerry Hughes?

After that they could fall back, let the market do it's thing & then reenter the market when guys like Torry Smith don't get what they want & the market is diminished with most teams snug against the cap.

That's how I would view free agency, target 3-4 young studs (old men need not apply other than Revis), then back off & bargain hunt for WR, ILB, maybe TE?

Those are the positions you need experience to help in 2015. That way you can bring your draft picks along slowly & integrate them into the team providing special teams help.

I've got a boner for the running back from Nebraska in the 3rd if he's sitting there. Perfect Chan Gailey back, a younger version of CJ Spiller

Completely agree...sign a WR, CB and whatever vet QB you like - and then do whatever you can to get the best free agent O-linemen on the market (try and get the two best)  If Breno has to be a back-up - so be it - eat the money...

Then draft the best o-linemen available in the 1st round and the best RB in the 2nd...

I certainly don't want ground and pound - but I would like to field a competitive team.   A team that looks like this could compete week in and week out.

What's the cap hit to simply cut Giacomini?

Based on what I'm seeing it's only $2.5 million (seems low to me though)  If you keep him it's a $5.125mm cap charge.

If this is accurate (and I am by no means sure of that) I would think about cutting Giacomini and signing Bulaga...

What's the cap hit to simply cut Giacomini?

Based on what I'm seeing it's only $2.5 million (seems low to me though)  If you keep him it's a $5.125mm cap charge.

If this is accurate (and I am by no means sure of that) I would think about cutting Giacomini and signing Bulaga...

He's owned $5.123 and $2.5 million of that which you've said is guranteed. Cap wise he has a dead money charge of $4.3 mil with a cap saving of 750k. So our space would stay the same however that's $2.5 million more you have to give to a younger long term fit. I would have no problem signing Bulga and then cutting Breno.

Archived