Breshard Perriman

SonnyJet

He's been the "underdog of the week" it seems... I watched a couple games - kid's legit, he's got moves. A poor man's Kevin White is where i'd peg him as of today. Did a lot of the same as captain WV, but not quite as impressive. 

Nice comparison.  Does he last to the 3rd round? 

Nice comparison. Does he last to the 3rd round?

Tough to say with a guy who wasn't on the map a few months ago. I think it'll depend a lot on how interviews and work outs go for guys like Devin Smith, Agholor, Hardy, etc. if there's doubts about them, Perriman could leap frog that group and be an early 2nd round target. Personally, round 3 sounds about right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Apparently he just dropped a 4.19 on his proday..... In related news, Al Davis' dick just flinched in his grave.

UCF WR Breshad Perriman reportedly clocked forty times of 4.19 and 4.27 at the Golden Knights' Pro Day.

They're incredible times for a 6-foot-2, 212-pound wideout. A favorite of NFL Films' Greg Cosell, Perriman has been likened to Julio Jones for his "size and movement." He sat out the Combine due to a hamstring strain. Already generating late first-round buzz, expect Perriman to begin showing up in mock drafts in the teens. He is the son of ex-Lions WR Brett Perriman.

Apparently he just dropped a 4.19 on his proday..... In related news, Al Davis' dick just flinched in his grave.

UCF WR Breshad Perriman reportedly clocked forty times of 4.19 and 4.27 at the Golden Knights' Pro Day.

They're incredible times for a 6-foot-2, 212-pound wideout. A favorite of NFL Films' Greg Cosell, Perriman has been likened to Julio Jones for his "size and movement." He sat out the Combine due to a hamstring strain. Already generating late first-round buzz, expect Perriman to begin showing up in mock drafts in the teens. He is the son of ex-Lions WR Brett Perriman.

That was one hand timed between 4.19 and 4.27, though he supposedly ran it again sub-4.3.  To put it in context, as I said in another thread, another UCF WR Rannell Hall supposedly improved his combine 4.6 down to a hand-timed 4.41 and 4.47.  Brandt had Perriman as a "riser" over a month ago and Mayock and Kiper have both had him in the first in some of their mocks.

http://www.centralfloridafuture.com/story/sports/2015/03/25/ucf-wide-receiver-breshad-perriman-ucf-pro-day/70461398/

That was one hand timed between 4.19 and 4.27, though he supposedly ran it again sub-4.3. To put it in context, as I said in another thread, another UCF WR Rannell Hall supposedly improved his combine 4.6 down to a hand-timed 4.41 and 4.47. Brandt had him as a "riser" over a month ago and Mayock and Kiper have both had him in the first in some of their mocks.

http://www.centralfloridafuture.com/story/sports/2015/03/25/ucf-wide-receiver-breshad-perriman-ucf-pro-day/70461398/

Ya I've been following the rise of Perriman... Not buying 1st round tho

He ran faster than I (or anyone expected) and the long range speed is there on tape, but he's a project.  He's better than someone like Hill, but they do display similar tendencies in the short tapes that are available of him.   I went and watched some tapes of Bortles from last year to see how he did as well.

Concerning tendencies:  

- Jumps to catch the ball against his body for no reason.  This was classic Stephen Hill.  

-  Doesn't fight for the underthrown ball, where he adjusts mid flight, and undercuts the CB.  Almost always, he seemed to be blocked out by the CB in the case of an underthrown ball.  

-  Has some trouble catching in traffic, especially if he can't catch it against his body

-  Production wasn't off the charts for someone that has the physical tools to dominate

-  Gets off balance trying to make catches

-  Route running seems raw, deep routes he's open more times than not, but underneath routes aren't nearly as smooth, I wonder what his shuttle and 3 cone times were.  A bunch of instances where he CBs jumped his slant route almost before he even made the move.  Slows down considerably to make the cut, and rounds it off.  There is a huge INT in the SC game last year where the CB knew his route before he did, and made a game changing INT, while Perriman waddled behind the CB.

-  Plenty of drops, infact his drop issue might be worse than Stephen Hill, saw atleast three games where he has multiple drops or catchable balls go right past him

-  Wasn't the focus of the offense, was more a gimmick deep threat

Good qualities:

-Very good deep speed, and can run away from defenders after he catches it once he gets going.  Has top end speed, so not many are going to chase him down.

-Good ability to catch and turn upfield if he catches it.  

- They did atleast try him with a few other routes than 9 routes.  

-  Played with a god awful QB this year, but played with Bortles last year. 

-  Does excellent on the deep slant route, he looks wonderful on these routes

-  Has all kinds of potential, very similar to Corderelle Patterson and Martavius Bryant

There is no way I take him in the first, and I'd be a bit hesitant to do a high 2nd.   He has great potential, but very raw, body catcher, and stone hands at times.  His route trees aren't great, so he'd take atleast a year to develop.  I think the third round is the best place to take him, but he won't make it there.  I don't think any team is taking the shot on him in the first, but I can see someone going for him in the second.  He wasn't even the No. 1, 2, or sometimes even the 3 on his team.  Hopefully, some other team goes and nabs him high, and we can have a good WR fall to us in the second or third if we don't take Cooper in the first. 

Ya I've been following the rise of Perriman... Not buying 1st round tho

Whatever Gm could get him at #52 in the 2nd round of the draft would look like a virtual genius though....right?   ......right!?!?!?!

Archived