Out of state Jet fans

hbo_zach

Since 98 I have done Sunday Ticket. But use to go to some sports bars and was the only one there on several occasions. Wife thought it was best to eat and drink at home instead of driving me back and forth. I know the fans were out there I just never ran into any.

Born and raised in Illinois. I could count the Jets fans I've met from this area on one hand and still have a couple of fingers left over.

People out here understand the misery associated with the franchise, though. I will say that. It's probably from being around the Cubs for so long. When I tell people I'm a Jets fan they react like I just told them my puppy died. It's always: "You like the Jets? My God, I'm so sorry." **sympathetic look and gentle hand on my shoulder** "If there's anything I can do for you, just let me know, buddy."

I left Jersey almost 10 years ago, been around to a lot of places. I live in Chicago now, there are a decent amount of Jets fans here because NY and Chicago seem to be more interchangeable for people who leave NY, particularly for work.  I did live in Baltimore for several years and that absolutely sucked, I had to bite the bullet and subscribe to the NFL Ticket because it got too hard finding bars that were showing a Jets game in anything other than a dark corner of some seedy bar with sh*tty food and likewarm Coors Lite.

Since 98 I have done Sunday Ticket. But use to go to some sports bars and was the only one there on several occasions. Wife thought it was best to eat and drink at home instead of driving me back and forth. I know the fans were out there I just never ran into any.

http://www.meetup.com/NY-JETS-Fans-in-Houston/

Figures started Oct 2011 I left May 2012. But thanks for sharing. Here we have the Rebel Bar in downtown Chicago great place to watch with other Jets fans but a damn long trip getting there. In a couple of years I will be doing the City apartment thing and commuting to Florida and will probably frequent it more then. God willing.

Figures started Oct 2011 I left May 2012. But thanks for sharing. Here we have the Rebel Bar in downtown Chicago great place to watch with other Jets fans but a damn long trip getting there. In a couple of years I will be doing the City apartment thing and commuting to Florida and will probably frequent it more then. God willing.

I was just in Houston for 12 weeks. They have a NE fan club at Luckys off Emanuel St if you recall where that is.

Chicago is a happening town. The last Dead concert this summer and Crossroads Guitar Fest too. A gal told me that Ditkas Steakhouse is incredible as well.

I was just in Houston for 12 weeks. They have a NE fan club at Luckys off Emanuel St if you recall where that is.

Chicago is a happening town. The last Dead concert this summer and Crossroads Guitar Fest too. A gal told me that Ditkas Steakhouse is incredible as well.

Only been there once last Christmas time and only sat at bar and had some beers and appetizers. Would love to go back there. Ditka lives across the street from the one off Michigan Ave. and he is there quite often. A very good friend of mines wife was there on biz several years ago and Ditka was playing cards in a back room. Asked if she wanted to meet the coach she went back there and he signed a Dolphins cap (My friend is a huge fins fan) and even put "Go Dolphins" on it.

Only been there once last Christmas time and only sat at bar and had some beers and appetizers. Would love to go back there. Ditka lives across the street from the one off Michigan Ave. and he is there quite often. A very good friend of mines wife was there on biz several years ago and Ditka was playing cards in a back room. Asked if she wanted to meet the coach she went back there and he signed a Dolphins cap (My friend is a huge fins fan) and even put "Go Dolphins" on it.

Ditka is cool and quite the cigar aficionado.

It's solid, but Bavette's puts everyone else to shame. Once you go there it's hard to shell out steakhouse money anywhere else. They also have the best BYO policy ever. They don't have a corkage fee, but if do you bring your own bottle the house rule is that you have to buy a bottle for another table.

It's solid, but Bavette's puts everyone else to shame. Once you go there it's hard to shell out steakhouse money anywhere else. They also have the best BYO policy ever. They don't have a corkage fee, but if do you bring your own bottle the house rule is that you have to buy a bottle for another table.

I never pay cork fees.

My wines are all twist off caps.

Archived