Brandon Bridge, QB - South Alabama

Paradis

Im not sure about this skill set but his accuracy is in the sh*tter, he's mobile but cannot run to his left and throw at the same time and when he does scramble his eyes fall so you already know that you can leave the WR's because he's no longer looking to throw. Im not hating on him but even if he was the 3rd best QB in the draft class that doesnt speak volumes when the draft class is considered to also be in the sh*tter. Jameis is the only pro ready QB worthy of a 1st round pick, and Mariota will go in the 1st round with 100% certainty only because the Eagles have a 1st round pick. If it wasnt for that and the hype that he's getting in a bad QB class he would easily go where his talents stated that he should go, which is the 2nd round.

Bridge is a BIG project. A team that has stability at the position but maybe has an older QB may want to take on the project and hope that by the time their current QB retires then bridge will be ready by year 3 or 4. But I wouldnt be shocked if he wasnt even drafted and he's certainly not ready to play professional football right now.

I've been saying for months this is horrible qb draft outside of Winston. But if I had to pick someone after Winston and mariota were both gone it would be Bridge.

Accuracy is important obviously but the ability to get throws off without getting your feet set is just as important if not more so. That's part of the reaso. Why Winston is getting drafted 1 over Mariota.

Im not sure about this skill set but his accuracy is in the sh*tter, he's mobile but cannot run to his left and throw at the same time and when he does scramble his eyes fall so you already know that you can leave the WR's because he's no longer looking to throw. Im not hating on him but even if he was the 3rd best QB in the draft class that doesnt speak volumes when the draft class is considered to also be in the sh*tter. Jameis is the only pro ready QB worthy of a 1st round pick, and Mariota will go in the 1st round with 100% certainty only because the Eagles have a 1st round pick. If it wasnt for that and the hype that he's getting in a bad QB class he would easily go where his talents stated that he should go, which is the 2nd round.  

Bridge is a BIG project. A team that has stability at the position but maybe has an older QB may want to take on the project and hope that by the time their current QB retires then bridge will be ready by year 3 or 4. But I wouldnt be shocked if he wasnt even drafted and he's certainly not ready to play professional football right now. 

No, you're being far too critical and your assessment isn't accurate. There's a 1000 athletic inaccurate QBs coming out of college every year. If what say was spot on, then Bridge wouldn't be getting the time of day from the NFL... but he is. Because he's shown the natural talent and skills to play the position. Is he ready to start in the NFL? Not even close, he's raw as fck... but he's not the happless project you're making him out to be. 

No, you're being far too critical and your assessment isn't accurate. There's a 1000 athletic inaccurate QBs coming out of college every year. If what say was spot on, then Bridge wouldn't be getting the time of day from the NFL... but he is. Because he's shown the natural talent and skills to play the position. Is he ready to start in the NFL? Not even close, he's raw as fck... but he's not the happless project you're making him out to be. 

He's your guy Paradis, and you have some emotion invested in him which I can totally understand. And because of that investment, I wont go into details regarding what you just wrote me, what I will say is that my statement wasnt overly critical and my assessment was accurate to me which is all that matters. Your assessment to him should matter most to you. 

My assessment of Mike Glennon matters to me, doesnt matter how many times people say he's garbage. But there's a difference between saying that a guys garbage (which is useless and overly critical) and assessing someone like I did (Which is just perspective). Thats the guy you like? Then support him no matter what. I have no problem with that. 

He's your guy Paradis, and you have some emotion invested in him which I can totally understand. And because of that investment, I wont go into details regarding what you just wrote me, what I will say is that my statement wasnt overly critical and my assessment was accurate to me which is all that matters. Your assessment to him should matter most to you. 

My assessment of Mike Glennon matters to me, doesnt matter how many times people say he's garbage. But there's a difference between saying that a guys garbage (which is useless and overly critical) and assessing someone like I did (Which is just perspective). Thats the guy you like? Then support him no matter what. I have no problem with that. 

To an extent, yes. But if someone came on here and said Tom Brady is not very good, i'd feel good about that being objectively wrong... 

I myself, am not under the illusion that everyone should feel the same way as i do, and you're obviously entitled to your own perspective (which is what makes this time of year interesting)... what i was pointing out to you, is that you're erroneously critizing this accuracy (it simply wasn't as bad as you're stipulating) and he does keep his eyes down field. You're just wrong in that area. If he was like you say he was, that bad, then no one would be talking about him... but as it stands, he'll be drafted in round 4 IMO

and yes, i love him

To an extent, yes. But if someone came on here and said Tom Brady is not very good, i'd feel good about that being objectively wrong... 

I myself, am not under the illusion that everyone should feel the same way as i do, and you're obviously entitled to your own perspective (which is what makes this time of year interesting)... what i was pointing out to you, is that you're erroneously critizing this accuracy (it simply wasn't as bad as you're stipulating) and he does keep his eyes down field. You're just wrong in that area. If he was like you say he was, that bad, then no one would be talking about him... but as it stands, he'll be drafted in round 4 IMO

and yes, i love him

Respected. 

• 2 weeks later...

If and it's a big if, you can developed this kid, you're looking at a Joe Flacco type QB.  The kid has more issues than Geno Smith that need fixing.  I still prefer Sean Mannion. 

Follow

Oregon State's Sean Mannion had a great pro day today, throwing the ball like an NFL QB. A lot of teams will likely take a look at this kid.

I didn't need to see this to  know what I like about this kid as a developmental prospect.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been eluding in many posts to just how interested I am in Brandon aka Air Canada, but I want to make it official. He's my #1 QB down the stretch. Understand I don't mean he's the best QB in the draft class, but he's where value meets value. A mid round prospect who defines upside. It's gonna take a couple years of development, but no one outside of the potentially overrated top 2 guys, possesses anything remotely close to the potential Bridge has. 

He's flown under the radar for the most part (outside of draft forum junkies), but i think the combine is going to spotlight this kid and see his name thrown around in a lot discussions moving forward. 

Here;s a few news bits if you've never heard or read anything on him:

I'm with you on this Paradis, you got credit for this kid.

This kid looks like a less accurate, stronger armed, extremely raw version of Geno Smith.  (Considering how raw Geno was coming out of college, that is saying something.)  Looks like a major project; I definitely prefer Mannion if I had to choose between the two. 

Archived