2015 New York Yankees Baseball Thread

Jetlife33

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have just soo many bullpen spots... we literally have enough quality arms to fill two bullpens. 

I really like the Shreve kid we got in the Banuelos trade, question is will the Yanks carry 3 lefties in the pen? Im rooting for him or Bailey for the final spot in the pen. 

El Duque showed up to camp today, I would use him to try and lock down Moncada.  :winking0001:

• One GM that was in the hunt for Yoan Moncada but is no longer in the mix said he would bet on the Yankees winning the sweepstakes. “I think their need is great,” said the GM. “They can sell it as the replacement for Robinson Cano. I don’t think anyone wants to pay out that bonus, but he is a special talent and may be the best of the Cuban hitters who have come over.”

Via MLBTR

Bailey may actually close if he proves healthy and back to form, giving his experience in that role. Gives Girardi a lot of options/freedom with Miller and Betances. 

That just might be the best case scenario. Betances and Miller are more dangerous when they're not closing. I'm hoping Bailey or if not him Carpenter can lock down the 9th. 

I'm expecting big things out of Ellsbury and the Betances/Miller combo. I like the roster in general, a little younger than usual.

The bullpen is very exciting. I'm expecting solid years out of Ellsbury, Gardner and Headley on the offensive side of the ball. Fingers crossed on everyone else.

Archived