2015 New York Yankees Baseball Thread

Jetlife33

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh come on. Great play by Headley and frickin garret jones can't come up with the scoop. 3-1 jays.

Tex may be hitting 210, and I realize he needs a day off.  But his defense is still stellar.  He saved a bad throw by A Rod against boston.

• RF Aaron Judge: 3-4, 1 R — 10-for-21 (.476) in his last four games 

Man, if he's still hitting like this after another 100 at bats no reason why he shouldn't be bumped to AAA. One nitpick, like to see him walk more and cut down on the K's. Other than that he's really proving himself. Jump from Single-A to Double-A is a tough one. Starting to get really excited about the prospect of this guy being in the Bronx playing RF everyday.

Pineda is pitching an absolute gem, good for him. Pretty sure 90% of Tex's hits are XBs, he could certainly flirt with 30+ this year if he somehow can stay on the right side of the injury bug.

All his singles are taken away from the shift, that's why he's hitting .205, he needs those seeing eye singles to get that BA up. Since the shift has become a thing no one has been hurt more by it than Teixeira. Lay down 3-4 bunt singles in a row and they will stop... dunno why he doesnt do it.

All his singles are taken away from the shift, that's why he's hitting .205, he needs those seeing eye singles to get that BA up. Since the shift has become a thing no one has been hurt more by it than Teixeira. Lay down 3-4 bunt singles in a row and they will stop... dunno why he doesnt do it.

Texiera figured out the best way to beat the shift, just hit more homers.  His average has always been pretty abysmal the first month or two of the season, and while I just don't think even with how he's hitting he'll ever get back above .235 or so, as long as he's slugging close to .600 I'm okay with it. 

Texiera figured out the best way to beat the shift, just hit more homers.  His average has always been pretty abysmal the first month or two of the season, and while I just don't think even with how he's hitting he'll ever get back above .235 or so, as long as he's slugging close to .600 I'm okay with it.

This current production isn't sustainable. You can not expect him to slug near .600 all year. Sooner or late he's gonna have to put together hits. He got 18 hits. And 10 of them are home runs and 5 of them are doubles. He's gotta sprinkle in more singles for that batting AVG and OBP to improve.

Man, if he's still hitting like this after another 100 at bats no reason why he shouldn't be bumped to AAA. One nitpick, like to see him walk more and cut down on the K's. Other than that he's really proving himself. Jump from Single-A to Double-A is a tough one. Starting to get really excited about the prospect of this guy being in the Bronx playing RF everyday.

• RF Aaron Judge: 1-4, 1 R, 1 HR, 2 RBI — three homers in his last nine games

This current production isn't sustainable. You can not expect him to slug near .600 all year. Sooner or late he's gonna have to put together hits. He got 18 hits. And 10 of them are home runs and 5 of them are doubles. He's gotta sprinkle in more singles for that batting AVG and OBP to improve.

Of course it's not sustainable, he's not 30 anymore, my point was that I'm not too worried about his batting average as it's been sh*t for 7 or so years as long as he's slugging at a decent clip. His entire problem is he's a dead pull hitter from the left side and is not going to just start laying down bunts or hitting it to the other side, it's too unnatural for him.  He hits for solid average and less power as a righty, it's just that's the less of the platooned sides. 

• Chase Headley didn’t come in for ninth-inning defense because his back was bothering him after last night’s diving play at third base. Headley said it’s no big deal and isn’t the same as the back issue that lingered with him in San Diego. Girardi said he expects Headley to play tomorrow. “Just sore,” Headley said.

• Jacoby Ellsbury had three hits tonight and now has 18 hits in his past 35 at-bats. “It’s hard to imagine you could be hotter than he is,” Girardi said. “He’s been unbelievable at the top of the order.”

• This game seemed well in hand with a 6-0 lead in the ninth, but David Carpenter’s brutal night forced the Yankees to bring Andrew Miller in for a one-out save. Miller needed just nine pitches for his 11th save of the season. “It’s not what you want to do, but we had to,” Girardi said. “And we won the game, and that’s the most important thing.”

Despite the lack of production, Brian Cashman recently gave Drew a vote of confidence and declared his job safe. “I think Drew’s been fine. Right now, I’m not looking at anyone being an alternative at second base to Drew,”

Ellsbury CF

Young LF

A-Rod DH

Teixeira 1B

McCann C

Beltran RF

Headley 3B

Drew SS

Pirela 2B

Sabathia P

Deep down, Cashman must be going nuts that A Rod is hitting 3rd.  

Gardner getting a day off.   Gots to do is sometimes..

Archived