2015 New York Yankees Baseball Thread

Jetlife33

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ellsbury, Gardner, AROD and Tex are carrying this team offensively. Decent starting pitching as a whole and a lights out bullpen thus far, the defense has really turned it around and are playing solid. Yanks now 18-11 and still in 1st place in the ALE.

DEFENSE....DEFENSE.

Really glad that Yankees did the right thing and retired Bernie Williams number.

He played in the steroid era and lost a lot of ink to the likes of McGwire and Sammy Sosa but always played clean and was true to his talent. Till this day no one can point a finger at Bernie Williams. A clutch hitter who had a career average of 300 while playing solid defense in the centerfield.

In a world where Barry Bonds, McGwire, Sosa juiced up and have no shot in hell of ever going to the Hall of Fame for their steroid abuse there should be serious consideration given to Bernie Williams for playing clean and being clutch and helping the Yankees win all those rings.

Really glad that Yankees did the right thing and retired Bernie Williams number.

He played in the steroid era and lost a lot of ink to the likes of McGwire and Sammy Sosa but always played clean and was true to his talent. Till this day no one can point a finger at Bernie Williams. A clutch hitter who had a career average of 300 while playing solid defense in the centerfield.

In a world where Barry Bonds, McGwire, Sosa juiced up and have no shot in hell of ever going to the Hall of Fame for their steroid abuse there should be serious consideration given to Bernie Williams for playing clean and being clutch and helping the Yankees win all those rings.

Agree to a point, I've always loved me some Bernie, but people didn't give a damn about baseball in the late 90s until juiced up Sosa and McGwire started hitting dingers and making a run and finally surpassing Maris' record.  For all the sh*t they get, those guys helped save baseball.  I haven't looked up their numbers in a while, so I can't speak on them, but a HOF that doesn't have Bonds, the best baseball player of all time, in it, just seems wrong.  

It was really fun to be a Yankee fan when Bernie was patrolling CF for the Yankees. I grew up in Portland which has been through more minor league teams than Rex has cheese fries. So there was no local affiliation to hang on too. Mattingly was the hero but when Stick Michaels became GM. It all changed. They traded for O'Neill, and brought up Pettitte and Rivera, so the team had new life. I miss that feeling with the current organization. Hal seems more interested to run the Yankees like a business and Cashman is just one of his lackies. I would love to see Hal hand the reins over to a Young Turk and do for the Yanks what Epstein is for the Cubs. Fat chance.

I really dunno how Cashman has a job. He should be gone already.

He really needs some players to come up from the minors.

You aren't getting the FA like you used to, and without the PEDs, guys are again normally again.  A 7 year contract to a 29 year old isn't good business anymore.  You HAVE to develop your own guys, and Cashman needs some of his guys to come up. 

He really needs some players to come up from the minors.

You aren't getting the FA like you used to, and without the PEDs, guys are again normally again.  A 7 year contract to a 29 year old isn't good business anymore.  You HAVE to develop your own guys, and Cashman needs some of his guys to come up. 

But who is supposed to stock the minors ?

Agree to a point, I've always loved me some Bernie, but people didn't give a damn about baseball in the late 90s until juiced up Sosa and McGwire started hitting dingers and making a run and finally surpassing Maris' record.  For all the sh*t they get, those guys helped save baseball.  I haven't looked up their numbers in a while, so I can't speak on them, but a HOF that doesn't have Bonds, the best baseball player of all time, in it, just seems wrong.  

I have read these arguments before. And i have seem them dismantled.

At the end of the day i fell they did good like the drug that makes you feel better now but causes an aneurism in the long run.

They should not be and will not be in the HOF.

That goes for A-Rod too. And I am die hard Yankees fan.

Chase Headley made a nice leaping catch on a line drive, Brian McCann threw out a speedy base runner and Jacob Lindgren delivered a dominant debut. But five home runs — four of them before the team had made its fourth out — thoroughly stole the show.

• Terrific big league debut for Jacob Lindgren, who struck out two and got a double play while pitching two scoreless innings. He can miss bats, and he can get ground balls, each of which he did today. “I’d say after the double play ball, was able to lock it in there,” he said.

• Headley: “We were due. Obviously it’s been a tough couple weeks for us, but you’re going to go through that during the course of a season. Considering how bad it’s gone recently, to be where we are? We’re pretty fortunate. We’re going to take the positive side of that and do what we can to keep playing hard.”

But who is supposed to stock the minors ?

Oh, Cash.  Absolutely.  The # of impact players the Yankees have developed is piss poor.  Cano and Gardner?  Melky I guess.  Those guys are all 30ish.

I don't like Cashman, at all.  He has built an excellent bullpen, and maybe the Pineda trade will work out.  (Not fair, it's worked out.  He traded dogsh** Montero for a good when healthy pitcher.)

With Tampa Bay losing the Yanke are .5 games back of 1st place.

It's May.  They are right there, after playing 2 weeks of crap baseball. 

But... how long can Tex and A-Rod keep being your best hitters? 

Oh, Cash.  Absolutely.  The # of impact players the Yankees have developed is piss poor.  Cano and Gardner?  Melky I guess.  Those guys are all 30ish.

I don't like Cashman, at all.  He has built an excellent bullpen, and maybe the Pineda trade will work out.  (Not fair, it's worked out.  He traded dogsh** Montero for a good when healthy pitcher.)

True, Pineda trade looks like it will work out. But that would be like looking at a gambler's one win in a streak of losses that has left him shirtless on The Strip.

Archived