2015 New York Yankees Baseball Thread

Jetlife33

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Warren, pitching mop up in yet another blow out. There hasn't been a dumber decision than this. Ruining him.

I don't get that.  I don't get a lot of stuff Girardi has done this year.

Tex, on FIRE

Jacoby, what happened?  Down to the 280s with 11 extra base hits all year. 

I don't get that.  I don't get a lot of stuff Girardi has done this year.

Tex, on FIRE

Jacoby, what happened?  Down to the 280s with 11 extra base hits all year.

He's not that good? But I didn't like the signing from the get go. Gardner is as good if not better for half the price.

He's not that good? But I didn't like the signing from the get go. Gardner is as good if not better for half the price.

Is funny, I've been to 3 games this year.

In Houston, he and Gardner got confused and let a fly ball drop for a double and a 2 base error for a run in a 3-1 loss.   Last night he dove (awfully) to allow an inside the park HR to a crap hitter in a 7-6 loss.  I don't watch every day.  You and Jetlife know the Yanks way better than I do.  But I am just not impressed.  He's slugging like 370, he's hurt a lot, and he's not a great CF that I've seen. 

Yankees really playing it loose and fast with not getting a starter at the deadline. I mean, if the decision to hold onto all the top prospects was just based on the fact that these guys are all likely to be successful it'd be one thing, but a huge factor in this is them getting to 189 or whatever number by 2017 when arod and tex and sabathia are off the books.

Yankees really playing it loose and fast with not getting a starter at the deadline. I mean, if the decision to hold onto all the top prospects was just based on the fact that these guys are all likely to be successful it'd be one thing, but a huge factor in this is them getting to 189 or whatever number by 2017 when arod and tex and sabathia are off the books.

or inserting some youth to the starting lineup is imperative. Our offense is being anchored by old men right now. We have to get younger if we want to win beyond 2015. 

Yankees made the right move. Only starter available worth getting was Price and that would have cost a package of Severino and Warren or Sanchez for a guy who doesn't have a long term deal. F that.

Yankees made the right move. Only starter available worth getting was Price and that would have cost a package of Severino and Warren or Sanchez for a guy who doesn't have a long term deal. F that.

Cueto and Hamels were available.

Price not having a long term deal means nada to the Yanks as they are easily players for Price or anyone else in Free Agency.

October will tell if this was a bad non move or not.

Price not having a long term deal means nada to the Yanks as they are easily players for Price or anyone else in Free Agency.

The prospects we didn't trade have long careers ahead of them, the idea that we'll know if it was good or bad idea not to trade them in October of 2015 is ridiculous. 

You trade Severino and Judge for Price and he signs with the Red Sox in the offseason its a bad move. This isn't nba or NFL where teams have advantages for keeping their own stars.

The prospects we didn't trade have long careers ahead of them, the idea that we'll know if it was good or bad idea not to trade them in October of 2015 is ridiculous. 

Totally agree.  Look how well Toronto is doing sending pitchers to the Mets for Dickey.

I stay away from Price.  He's thrown a lot of innings, he's going to want a 7 year deal, and the whole back end of that will be an albatross.  The only way to compete is to develop young talent, not give it away.

Totally agree. Look how well Toronto is doing sending pitchers to the Mets for Dickey.

I stay away from Price. He's thrown a lot of innings, he's going to want a 7 year deal, and the whole back end of that will be an albatross. The only way to compete is to develop young talent, not give it away.

Cueto

Really?  Since when are the Yankees in the business of not doing whatever it takes to win a ring each and every year? Two off-seasons ago they spent a gazillion dollars on aging free agents.

I know you fancy yourself as a prospect guru dating back to the days where you claimed Hughes was better than Kershaw but we have no idea what type of careers prospects will have....especially Yankee hyped prospects.

If the Yanks only have one or two dependable SP's come October and the offense cannot overcome the rest of the staffs performance as is usually the case in October baseball, then yes, not making a move was an issue. 

Really? Since when are the Yankees in the business of not doing whatever it takes to win a ring each and every year? Two off-seasons ago they spent a gazillion dollars on aging free agents.

I know you fancy yourself as a prospect guru dating back to the days where you claimed Hughes was better than Kershaw but we have no idea what type of careers prospects will have....especially Yankee hyped prospects.

If the Yanks only have one or two dependable SP's come October and the offense cannot overcome the rest of the staffs performance as is usually the case in October baseball, then yes, not making a move was an issue.

Oh my God you and the wahmbulance.

We already have a good rotation in 1st place, depth. We're not trading the farm for a guy like Price who will be a free agent in a couple months and Cueto and Hamels both have a sh-load of innings on both their arms.

I am stoked to see tonight's game.   Game is on TV, I get to watch.  Severino making his debut, Yanks playing well, need to get some wins with all the games vs. Toronto coming up.

Side note, you don't hear much about it.  Was Kung Fu Panda the worst FA signing of the off season?  Hitting 259 with a whopping 35 RBI this year!  Slugging 385, with an OBP just north of 300.   After the off season where MLB Network and ESPN kept talking about what a great hitter he is.

Kid looked very good. Great fastball, nasty slider and showed a good change up in his last few innings.

I agree Severino looked really good. Unfortunately our quarter billion dollar payroll can't figure out how to hit a knuckleball again.

The folks who wanted to trade Severino and more for Cueto or rent Price for 2 months are crazy.

I agree Severino looked really good. Unfortunately our quarter billion dollar payroll can't figure out how to hit a knuckleball again.

The folks who wanted to trade Severino and more for Cueto or rent Price for 2 months are crazy.

You know what, last night..  that thing was crazy.  If a guy can throw that for strikes all night, more power to him.

My problem.  Gardner is on base.  The catcher can barely catch the pitches, and Girardi doesn't send Gardner?   Did Girardi's balls fall off?

Thor would have been a better comparison.... both rookies and just about the same age.

Not sure anyone is tempering expectations with Syndergaard though.

Comparing prospects performance wasn't his point. His point was that Severino isn't a finished product, which he isn't... why this is controversial I have no idea. No one is knocking the Mets pitchers, that would be silly.

I will admit I was wrong tonight.  I thought CC was done after 5, he pitched a real good 6th to help the bullpen.

I thought Ellsbury was crap, big homerun.

I thought having Gardner sac bunt was stupid.  No, I think I was right there.  

I will admit I was wrong tonight. I thought CC was done after 5, he pitched a real good 6th to help the bullpen.

I thought Ellsbury was crap, big homerun.

I thought having Gardner sac bunt was stupid. No, I think I was right there.

1 out of 3 ain't bad.

Archived