2015 New York Yankees Baseball Thread

Jetlife33

I agree nothing significant is going to happen this offseason we're locked into too many big deals to do anything significant.  Beltran is off the books after next season and Aroid and CC a couple years after that.

Fortunately we have some good young players like Sevetino, Bird and Refsnyder.

I think Beltran and Tex after next year, and CC and A Rod after that.

I'm not sold on Price.  He is great, I am not debating that.  But, those 8 year 200 million dollar contracts for a 29 year old don't work out well.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and the point would be what?

Do you even read your own posts?

Nobody is going to trade for the remainder of his contract.  However, if the Yankees agree to pay a significant portion of it, then maybe they can move him and let him being old somewhere else.  They will only get a marginal prospect at best, but he would be gone.

Do you even read your own posts?

Nobody is going to trade for the remainder of his contract.  However, if the Yankees agree to pay a significant portion of it, then maybe they can move him and let him being old somewhere else.  They will only get a marginal prospect at best, but he would be gone.

oh that's a brilliant idea lets pay Ellsbury for 5 years to play for another team

I think Beltran and Tex after next year, and CC and A Rod after that.

I'm not sold on Price.  He is great, I am not debating that.  But, those 8 year 200 million dollar contracts for a 29 year old don't work out well.

Even if we don't sign Price our rotation next few seasons still looks good w/Tanaka, Severino, Warren Pineda and Nova.  We just can't get timely hitting anymore.

We really miss Jeter in the locker room.  The guy was a quiet leader who made people around him better like a Jason Kidd of baseball.

Maybe it's because I knew they Yankees didn't belong, or because of the 1 game "play-in" as I call it, it just didn't feel like the Yankees even made the post-season yet, either way this doesn't hurt like a post-season elimination. The team played terribly for nearly 2 months, they didn't belong.

Yankees desperately need a right handed bat. I dunno who's available, but they need to someone. Aaron Judge doesn't look ready for the bigs yet.

I think Judge needs a year at AAA. Best case is half a year. They can't count on him. 

ARod needs less at bats less year to burn out less. And Tex should pretty much platoon to keep him healthy.

Yep.

Not too many teams, if any, were beating the Stros with the way they pitched last night. Yanks struggled against lefties all season and last night was a bad match-up for them.  Yanks biggest issues were injuries and too many bats going cold all at once in the 2nd half.  Mets down the stretch are showing the same symptoms.

Next season will be interesting to see if the team waits for big contracts to come off the books or eats some cash in order to try and move one or two of them. 

How they manage Bird's playing time next season will be interesting. As of now it appears they have no choice but to rotate Bird between 1B and DH when ARod and Mark need a rest. Tex's RH bat is too important at the moment when facing lefties unless they sign someone like Cespedes during the off season which would force a trade of one of their outfielders.

Nasty (if not one of the best ever) back end of the pen along with Bird, Severino and DD were all huge bright spots this season so it's not like the team needs a major overhaul.

I said this last night. It seems like it will be a 3 man platoon really between Bird, ARod and Tex. 2 of the 3 will be in the lineup every day.

oh that's a brilliant idea lets pay Ellsbury for 5 years to play for another team

Teams do it all the time dumb ass.  I am hoping the Sox do it with Ramirez.

Do you want him getting old on your team?  Maybe this year is due to injury..not like he hasnot been consitent in that regard.

Too many professional hitters on the roster to truly suck. And there is no reason why this team can't get quality players into the system despite drafting in the lower tier of the first round, they must scout better. Yankees spent historic amount of money  on the international market last year, time will tell how that works out.

The moderate success the Yankees had this season didn't make them change course, they didn't unload any prospect, they will wait out these bad contracts while introducing young talent to the roster.

They can get quality players, but they are not going to have opportunities to draft the Carlos Correas and Bryce Harpers of the world. 

They can get quality players, but they are not going to have opportunities to draft the Carlos Correas and Bryce Harpers of the world. 

yeah, but you can draft the Mike Trouts, Paul Goldschmidt, Dallas Keuchel, Jacon deGrom, Mookie Betts, Marcus Stroman, ect, ect, ect, ect.

16:$25M, 17:$25M vesting option ($5M buyout)

we need a huge a-hole manager like a Jim Harbaugh type.  Do you think any players on this team that make $20 million per season are upset we lost? 

What would a screaming manager do?  The guy who doesn't care, won't care if someone yells at them.  

I think most of these guys care, they just weren't/aren't good enough.

we need a huge a-hole manager like a Jim Harbaugh type.  Do you think any players on this team that make $20 million per season are upset we lost? 

you think that sh*t works in MLB? it doesn't work in the NFL for more than a few seasons. Baseball isn't football, it's just not the same mentality. You don't think Brett Gardner doesn't care? Of course he does, but he'd have a hard time hitting Dallas Keuchel right now if he was on hot streak, let alone slumping.

Yankees problem isn't Girardi or effort. He managed the sh*t out of that bullpen until they ran out of gas. That bullpen was on fumes. The Yankees problem right now is their lineup relied far to  heavily on aging/injury prone stars, the lineup was far too left handed and did poorly against LHP, the starters would only throw 5 innings, thus forcing Girardi to lean heavily on the bullpen. Despite Greg Bird and Luis Severino, the team desperately needs younger (cheaper) talent that comes from within.

you think that sh*t works in MLB? it doesn't work in the NFL for more than a few seasons. Baseball isn't football, it's just not the same mentality. You don't think Brett Gardner doesn't care? Of course he does, but he'd have a hard time hitting Dallas Keuchel right now if he was on hot streak, let alone slumping.

Yankees problem isn't Girardi or effort. He managed the sh*t out of that bullpen until they ran out of gas. That bullpen was on fumes. The Yankees problem right now is their lineup relied far to  heavily on aging/injury prone stars, the lineup was far too left handed and did poorly against LHP, the starters would only throw 5 innings, thus forcing Girardi to lean heavily on the bullpen. Despite Greg Bird and Luis Severino, the team desperately needs younger (cheaper) talent that comes from within.

I agree totally.  Screaming, super intense may work a bit on a younger player, but certainly not on a guy with 40 million guarenteed, if not more.

Baseball is too long, you can't ride emotion for 6 months.  When they were good, Joe Torre would have that closed doors yelling session maybe once a year, you can't do it too much.  They just need some younger players, and a right handed bat.  When Tex got hurt, and A Rod slumped, they were crippled against lefties. 

I love Gardner, but I would not be surprised to see him traded, to open up room for a RH outfielder.  His contract isn't that bad, it's not that long, and he has value, he did go to the All Star Game this year. 

Archived