Tom Savage

Integrity28

Haha.  To be fair, I wasn't really paying attention at the time.  I remember reading about him being at Pitt and thinking "Didn't he used to play at RU?"  Otherwise I would probably hate the ****er too.

Sorry, I mean Schiano. I don't mind Savage so much. Schiano's a gas bag who tried to sabotage the kid's career once he started looking into transferring. Savage seems like a good enough dude.

Some of the same highlights repeated several times. Poor choice of tape on the guy. He is rated as a fourth round prospect by most scouts. He has some good qualities but Bryce Petty is the guy I want in the second round to unseat Geno.

I'm a petty guy 43.... The king, oh wait wrong petty.

Anyway petty will beat out geno before he even puts on a green jersey

A little background info on a no name guy you are starting a thread about would be helpful discussion wise. Just sayin

That's what Google is for.

This time last year, here on JN people knew who he was. I cannot control the shallow depth of knowledge sharing and discussion you experienced on JI before coming here.

The first 5 or 6 responses to a new thread usually set the tone. Look back at the first few on here and you will see how many people know and or care about Savage. (I still refuse to google him, I will just assume he's a former WWE champion who enjoys beef jerky... Since I know nothing about the draft or football in general)

The first 5 or 6 responses to this thread are making fun of me for wishful thinking, hence unicorns, ponies and kittens. It's less about Savage, and more about me sounding like a naive rube coming up with some story about how we'll finally come out on the right side of one of those stories about how the Jets almost had Favre, or Manning, or fill in the blank of any other hall of fame QB.

You don't need to "know" anything about Tom Savage. The thread went over your head... stifle yourself.

In reviewing the tape provided, it looks like he throws into coverage a lot, and his receivers make a play.  Will he get away with that on the next level?  Something to consider.

Agree. If his highlight reel is showing balls thrown in to tight coverage, what other plays are we not seeing? It looks like he stares down routs, and also has a slow release at times. Looks to throw well on the run though. A Tebow/Clemens hybrid. 

Archived