Jets Combine Confirmed Interviews... some bizarre choices??

32EBoozer

List has been updated to incluse Shane Ray, CB's and a couple of other WR's and OT's and others

• Jameis Winston, Florida State, QB
Winston could be the top pick overall.

• Marcus Mariota, Oregon, QB
Mariota, like Winston, is the only quarterback projected to go in the first round. He could also be a trade chip.

• Kenny Bell, Nebraska, WR
The 6-foot-1, 197-pound Bell is a projected late-round pick. He also has an outstanding Afro.

• Devin Funchess, Michigan, WR
Funchess is big (6-4, 232) and can be dangerous after the catch, but drops are an issue. Projected first or second rounder.

• Keith Mumphrey, Michigan State, WR
Mumphrey is considered a hard worker, but he sometimes struggles to get open.

• Brandon Bridge, South Alabama, QB
The Ontario, Canada, native is a late-round prospect. He said he met with Jets quarterbacks coach Kevin Patullo on Wednesday night.

• Tre McBridge, William & Mary, WR
Has drawn comparisons to the Patriots' Brandon LaFell, but also said to lack acceleration.

• Brandon Scherff, Iowa, OL
A likely top 10 pick capable of playing inside and outside.

• Cedric Ogbuehi, Texas A&M, OT
CBSSports.com's NFL Draft scout has a third-round grade on him.

• Michael Burton, Rutgers, FB
Per NFL.com, Burton lacks the size and blocking ability to be a full-time fullback, but he can catch passes and could have value as a special teamer.

• Bud Dupree, Kentucky, OLB
One of the top edge rushers in the draft. Projected first rounder.

• Jamison Crowder, Duke, WR
Crowder clocked an (unofficial) time of 4.56 in the 40. Projected second rounder.

• Leon Orr, Florida, DT
Orr once left the team after being told he wouldn't start a game. Considered an athletic interior D-lineman who could go in the late rounds.

• Marcus Peters, Washington, CB
Projected first- or second-rounder who plays with physicality but was kicked off the team at Washington after frequently butting heads with coaches.

• Landon Collins, Alabama, SS
The top safety prospect in the draft, Collins is a possible top 10 pick.

• Shaq Thompson, Washington, OLB
Thompson is considered to be one of the top three outside linebackers in the draft.

• Shane Ray, Missouri, DE
More info on him here.

Bridge has the frame of a QB. Tall, good arm. Could be a poor man's Joe Flacco.

I think he is the guy Maccagnan has singled out for a fourth round steal.I love White and Cooper but I think DB is a higher priority for Bowles' system so First round CB Trae Waynes. Even if Jets have to trade down to about 15 to get him. Bryce Petty looked awesome on deep throws but his sideline throws looked like Geno Smith. He was all over the place - high, over his head, behind him. Poor footwork shows on these throws and his is really bad. Doesn't mean I don't want the Jets to gobble him up in the second or third round because I do. Big strong kid, who is smart and will learn unlike Geno.

He needs to be developed. 2 years on the pine being coached up, and he may end up being a tour-de-force

I don't want a guy that has to be coached for two freakin years before he is ready to play. WTF plays QB while he "learns"? No, Jets need a more polished guy that can be ready in half a season and I think Grayson Garrett or Bryce Petty will do the trick nicely. Bridges may be something down the road, but they said the same thing about Ryan Mallett and Brian Hoyer and look at them now. 

I don't want a guy that has to be coached for two freakin years before he is ready to play. WTF plays QB while he "learns"? No, Jets need a more polished guy that can be ready in half a season and I think Grayson Garrett or Bryce Petty will do the trick nicely. Bridges may be something down the road, but they said the same thing about Ryan Mallett and Brian Hoyer and look at them now.

Worst post ever. you understand nothing, both about development, and Bryce petty or Grayson.

Seriously. Go back to the Revis and Rex threads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he is the guy Maccagnan has singled out for a fourth round steal.I love White and Cooper but I think DB is a higher priority for Bowles' system so First round CB Trae Waynes. Even if Jets have to trade down to about 15 to get him. Bryce Petty looked awesome on deep throws but his sideline throws looked like Geno Smith. He was all over the place - high, over his head, behind him. Poor footwork shows on these throws and his is really bad. Doesn't mean I don't want the Jets to gobble him up in the second or third round because I do. Big strong kid, who is smart and will learn unlike Geno.

I wonder if that was before Cooper dropped to us. A lot has to do with what happens before us. My guess is he has multiple scenarios for multiple situations

Archived