Quotes from Winston at combine.

Embrace the Suck

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2015/02/the_10_best_quotes_from_jameis_winston_at_his_nfl.html

I think I'd pass if he is there at 6.

On reports he's overweight:

"A lot of people thought I was fat, but I'm proving everybody wrong, you know what I'm saying? I look good, and I know it."

The 10 best quotes from Jameis Winston at his NFL Combine press conference

His opening line:

"I want to let you all know, I know I've made mistakes, I know I have a past, but right now it's about me moving forward and earning the trust of all these 32 teams out there."

On how his throwing shoulder feels (it reportedly needed additional medical attention):

"I've got the same shoulder I had the past two years at Florida State."

On what he tells teams during his Combine interviews:

"I have to earn your trust. I can't talk about the situations or anything like that in the past. But what I can do is prove to you, and let you watch me grow into being the face of your franchise."

On his football future:

"I'm a young man, and now I'm going to the next level to take a grown man's position, and that's important to me."

On the competition between him and Oregon quarterback Marcus Mariota:

"This is not no competition just between me and Mariota. Because one thing about me, I plan on winning the Super Bowls in the next year, so it's going to be Jameis versus Peyton Manning and Jameis versus Tom Brady. I want to be viewed like that. After all this combine stuff, you're not going to hear no more about Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariota. But I want my name to stay relevant for the next 15 to 20 years of my career."

On how he'll prove he's worth it to teams:

"My actions. We'll see in a year. You can't predict the future, I can't predict the future. But what I can do right now is do what I need to do to be the face of a franchise."

On what he's learned:

"One thing that helped me realize about all my mistakes is getting a chance to be around the kids. I went to read at this elementary [school] in Tallahassee. When I see how those kids look up to me, I feel bad about myself. The hardest thing is just being real with yourself and just letting you know that you let somebody down."

More:

"I got so many people to inspire and I got so many little kids looking up to me, not only as a quarterback, but as a person, and I want to be that role model for them."

"A lot of people thought I was fat, but I'm proving everybody wrong, you know what I'm saying? I look good, and I know it."

On whether being the first overall selection matters to him:

"It's important to me because I know how hard I've worked, and it would be a privilege to get accepted by the Glazer family at Tampa. I know I have to gain their trust. ... I think it just would be a privilege to play in Tampa, just, period, with the Florida State fan base, and everything that I've been involved with in the state of Florida."

On his goals:

"I dream of being a Hall of Famer one day."

Dom Cosentino may be reached at dcosentino@njadvancemedia.com. Follow him on Twitter @domcosentino. Find NJ.com Jets on Facebook.

Bleacher Report's Mike Freeman said Florida State QB Jameis Winston has done "incredibly well" in Combine interviews.
In fact, Freeman said "incredibly well" was a "dramatic understatement." NFL Network's Ian Rapoport added Winston "has impressed." A supremely talented quarterback, Winston's off-field concerns are the biggest red flags on an otherwise stellar resume. Judging from these reports, Winston has gone a long way to alleviate those concerns this week. Feb 21 - 10:27 AM

Bleacher Report's Mike Freeman said Florida State QB Jameis Winston has done "incredibly well" in Combine interviews.
In fact, Freeman said "incredibly well" was a "dramatic understatement." NFL Network's Ian Rapoport added Winston "has impressed." A supremely talented quarterback, Winston's off-field concerns are the biggest red flags on an otherwise stellar resume. Judging from these reports, Winston has gone a long way to alleviate those concerns this week. Feb 21 - 10:27 AM

Ah, incredibly well is a dramatic understatement. Someone is blowing smoke.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9376/jameis-winston

He's going 1 to Tampa and yes Glennon is available for a 3rd.

It's obviously a league wide conspiracy perpetrated by every coach Winston has talked to help him steal crab legs.

This and all the other "Winston Sucks" threads are highly bumpable.

Conspiracy? Sure, whatever your nonsensical post means I'm sure it's correct.

Since when does questioning a quote from Bleacher Report's Mike Freeman constitute a league wide conspiracy?

When the word incredible is used and it's claimed to be an understatement it's usually coming from a talking head that's talking from their ass.

Conspiracy? Sure, whatever your nonsensical post means I'm sure it's correct.

Since when does a questioning a quote from Bleacher Report's Mike Freeman constitute a league wide conspiracy?

When the word incredible is used and it's claimed to be an understatement it's usually coming from a talking head that's talking from their ass.

Dude you are so off on Winston. Lol quote me on that

I'm not even sure what to make of the interviews anymore. In this specific area, nowadays the agents and prospects have a general sense of what is going to be thrown at them and spend the better part of a month coaching them up and practicing. Look at Manziel last year, he walked right in and had the entire league convinced he had turned choir boy.

No, that was just one of many. Click on the link. You can tell a lot about a person by what they say, particularly when they are at a job interview.

I heard his press conference, didn't see a problem with anything he said, besides being interviewed by the media isn't the job interview, the job interview is with the teams and all the reports i've read is that he has been more impressive. 

Dude you are so off on Winston. Lol quote me on that

Based on what? On the field it seems most people say he has all the tools. My worry, and that of others, is his ability to stay on the field. Some of his off the field antics could be chalked up to being a typical dumb college kid who doesn't always think about what they are doing and doesn't mean any real harm. However, there are other off the field instances that warrant serious consideration. If not for a friendly police dept. who knows where he may be today. He knows this and so do his handlers which is why he gave the "I've changed and you can trust me speech". But why worry, right? It's not as if the NFL suspends players on a regular basis and even if they did the NFL would never suspend a potential star/star player. http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/jameis-winston-incidents-timeline-091714     http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/04/16/sports/errors-in-inquiry-on-rape-allegations-against-fsu-jameis-winston.html?_r=0

The NY Times article highlights some pretty blatant cover up action down there in FL. 

I heard his press conference, didn't see a problem with anything he said, besides being interviewed by the media isn't the job interview, the job interview is with the teams and all the reports i've read is that he has been more impressive. 

Sure, right. I'm sure no team was paying attention. Tampa was probably scouting punters while he was being interviewed by the media. Particularly since he is the potential face of the franchise and will be interviewed often. People are always being judged particularly by those who are about to pay out millions of dollars and risk their own careers.

He has been doing a great job at the combine and a lot of teams have apparently said he was great at their interviews. We would be lucky to get this guy to play for our team (assuming he can get his off field problems fixed up).

He sounds good, he doesnt come off as phony at least. Manziel you could tell was a bit rehearsed.

I'm not even sure what to make of the interviews anymore. In this specific area, nowadays the agents and prospects have a general sense of what is going to be thrown at them and spend the better part of a month coaching them up and practicing. Look at Manziel last year, he walked right in and had the entire league convinced he had turned choir boy.

All a good interview means is that the player listens to his agent 

He has been doing a great job at the combine and a lot of teams have apparently said he was great at their interviews. We would be lucky to get this guy to play for our team (assuming he can get his off field problems fixed up).

That was great winning those meaningless games facing steelers, phins and titans.

Not a fan of Winston, yadda yadda yadda.

But can we make a rule that no one can post Bleacher Report stories anymore? It is easily the most amateurish 'sports media' site on the planet. The writing is for sh*t and their analysis isn't better than anyone else. A total sh*t website.

That was great winning those meaningless games facing steelers, phins and titans.

Lamenting those meaningless games is ridiculous. Anyone with a lick of knowledge about the draft knew that this would happen as long as he kept his noise clean. He was always the better prospect. Jameis is going first overall barring an off the field incident from now until draft day and we never had a realistic shot at the first pick.

Jameis Winston = Jemarcus Russell. You heard it here first.

No we didn't. That poor, lazy, and yes unoriginal comp has been made before. Winston's competitiveness, football indelicate and instincts, and skill is on another planet. Russell was lazy, had no competitive drive, little or no football instinct, and seemingly no will to get better.  

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2015/02/the_10_best_quotes_from_jameis_winston_at_his_nfl.html

I think I'd pass if he is there at 6.

He would be the perfect fit for Rex...those 2 could promise SB wins yearly.  

Lamenting those meaningless games is ridiculous. Anyone with a lick of knowledge about the draft knew that this would happen as long as he kept his noise clean. He was always the better prospect. Jameis is going first overall barring an off the field incident from now until draft day and we never had a realistic shot at the first pick.

We had a realistic shot. Don't beat the dolphins and titans. People are laughing at the Knicks they are doing exactly what they should be doing.

Archived