Go big or go home (Winston)

aec4

It's time for the Jets to make a bold move. I'm sick of us trying to make the "by the book" move, the safe move. Sure, it may backfire. However, the risk is worth it. Winston wins. He's played in a pro system. He's called plays. He's won games in the 4th quarter. Granted, sometimes against inferior teams, but he's not the schedule maker.

What does it take to get from 6 to 1?

Enough to cripple a franchise for years if the guy doesn't pan out. Jets would have to give up three first rounders. This year and the next two years. That's what the Rams got for RGIII, who has hardly proved worth half of that bounty. If Winston is more Russell Wilson than RGIII then it is a good trade, if not......disaster.

He's raped women.  He's stolen things.  He taken money.  He broke rules.  Etc.....

NONE of this stuff, especially the "rape" has been proven. He is a young kid who has done some foolish things, but so far at the combine he has looked thoughtful and intelligent as well as having a huge drive to succeed and be great. He who hasn't made a foolish mistake as kid can be the first to cast a stone. That leaves me out.

The smart move would be to take a QB in later rounds. Just watch, they'll be a QB in this draft that's flying under the radar that's going to be very good.

Winston # 1 making all that money with expectations as high as the moon in NYC has disaster written all over it.

For once I am glad to hear something from a Patriot fan. I am shocked to find it an intelligent idea, but it is what it is. I agree that the Jets can draft a Garrett or Petty in second or third round and be totally happy with that selection.

NONE of this stuff, especially the "rape" has been proven. He is a young kid who has done some foolish things, but so far at the combine he has looked thoughtful and intelligent as well as having a huge drive to succeed and be great. He who hasn't made a foolish mistake as kid can be the first to cast a stone. That leaves me out.

What concerns me is the crab leg theivery. That's punishable by death in some countries.

For once I am glad to hear something from a Patriot fan. I am shocked to find it an intelligent idea, but it is what it is. I agree that the Jets can draft a Garrett or Petty in second or third round and be totally happy with that selection.

Theres no pressure on Geno or a QB taken in later rounds.

You can always tell when someone has a weak intellectual position, when they attack the speaker, and completely ignore the position.

But your positions are almost always retarded. At some point, "attacking the speaker," as you so dramatically put it, is the only logical thing to do. Try to sprinkle in an occasional post that isn't being spewed from your faux intellectual ivory tower, and maybe you won't get called out for being a d*ck.

Archived