mayweather vs pacquiao

PatriotReign37

Mayweather 8-4. Manny will come out aggressive but Floyd simply fights too well moving backwards. Been saying this for years. Styles make fights and that jumping in and out style that Manny has made a career off of is a terrible matchup for Floyd's chin roll and countering. His biggest hope should be to get him to engage like Cotto did, but I don't think Floyd is that dumb.

This.

Boxing is dead, and the cause of death is suicide.

People who say this are either ignorant or lazy. It's simply not true. That the sport is not for you is fine, but several of the divisions are doing quite well, revenues are still high, and coverage has expanded the past several years because people still tune in on Saturdays to watch fights.

Mayweather 8-4. Manny will come out aggressive but Floyd simply fights too well moving backwards. Been saying this for years. Styles make fights and that jumping in and out style that Manny has made a career off of is a terrible matchup for Floyd's chin roll and countering. His biggest hope should be to get him to engage like Cotto did, but I don't think Floyd is that dumb.

Which is really saying something, because Floyd is shockingly stupid. I would love to see Manny pound on him, it's just not going to happen, Floyd is too technical of a fighter and as you mentioned, the styles don't favor Manny. Still cannot wait for the fight.  

Which is really saying something, because Floyd is shockingly stupid. I would love to see Manny pound on him, it's just not going to happen, Floyd is too technical of a fighter and as you mentioned, the styles don't favor Manny. Still cannot wait for the fight.

It's actually the opposite, the man is a genius in the ring. No such thing as a stupid counter puncher. If I was ranking the smartest fighters of all time I would have Floyd right up with Hopkins, Marquez, Ali, and Willie Pep. The man has mastered countering any punch thrown at him with a straight right, that doesn't happen without intelligence.

People who say this are either ignorant or lazy. It's simply not true. That the sport is not for you is fine, but several of the divisions are doing quite well, revenues are still high, and coverage has expanded the past several years because people still tune in on Saturdays to watch fights.

Compared to where boxing once was, it is at least on life support.

It's actually the opposite, the man is a genius in the ring. No such thing as a stupid counter puncher. If I was ranking the smartest fighters of all time I would have Floyd right up with Hopkins, Marquez, Ali, and Willie Pep. The man has mastered countering any punch thrown at him with a straight right, that doesn't happen without intelligence.

Lol, I knew I was going to have to add an addendum to that. Dude's boxing IQ is obviously off the charts, he's just really, really dumb. Like, can't read dumb. Plus, I really don't like him. Mostly the later. 

They're both pieces of sh*t. Welcome to fighting.

Yea, it's not really a sport where you get to root for the fighter and person too often. Although my Mother's side would argue to the grave that Rocky Marciano is probably the greatest human ever, but they're old, Italian and senile. The later two could probably be interchangeable. 

They're both pieces of sh*t. Welcome to fighting.

A lot of my family are big boxing fans, grew up in upstate new york and always talk about watching Tyson fight in his early days in the catskills and how he would have been the greatest ever if cus d'amato never died. Bunch of pictures of my Uncles with Cus and Tyson in the '80s. They said that whenever Cus was talking, Tyson would shut up and follow anything that he said.

The thing that always stands out to me in the pictures was how big Tyson's g neck and thighs were, I mean for just a kid, jeesus. 

A lot of my family are big boxing fans, grew up in upstate new york and always talk about watching Tyson fight in his early days in the catskills and how he would have been the greatest ever if cus d'amato never died. Bunch of pictures of my Uncles with Cus and Tyson in the '80s. They said that whenever Cus was talking, Tyson would shut up and follow anything that he said.

The thing that always stands out to me in the pictures was how big Tyson's g neck and thighs were, I mean for just a kid, jeesus. 

I met Tyson a couple times, his head should not even be real. No joke, it's a giant pumpkin resting on top of a 4x4. "Born to do x" is such a cliche but when you see Tyson in person, even today, he has one of those bodies where you know immediately that man was born to be a fighter.

Yea, it's not really a sport where you get to root for the fighter and person too often. Although my Mother's side would argue to the grave that Rocky Marciano is probably the greatest human ever, but they're old, Italian and senile. The later two could probably be interchangeable. 

I think it's a 50/50 thing with these guys. Plenty of Cottos and Floyd Pattersons to come into the sport, but you get just as many Listons and Durans. MMA seems to be the same way. I think it's a combo of where most fighters come from and also the edge that's needed to want to enter a profession where your job is to have someone literally try to knock you unconscious for a living. For a lot of these guys it's hard to turn off that switch once they're not in the ring anymore.

I'm sure you know what you're talking about. At the same time, it seems like a pretty big reason this is happening now when it didn't before is that Mayweather has been losing Les Moonves a whole lot of money. Which might not be the best barometer of where things are as a whole, but still.

I'm sure you know what you're talking about. At the same time, it seems like a pretty big reason this is happening now when it didn't before is that Mayweather has been losing Les Moonves a whole lot of money. Which might not be the best barometer of where things are as a whole, but still.

Sure, they were still pushing for the fight because it will make a lot of money. It's happening now because both Arum and Mayweather are dumb and they all happened to run into each other at a Miami Heat game. None of that has anything to do with the fact that the rest of the sport sans the HW division is still doing well.

We go to the local golden gloves every year. Lots of kids seem to be taking up the sport. 

Archived