The Jetster plan

Jetster

Obviously this plan only works if every free agent move can fall into place.

I would try to solidify the defense in free agency. Young pups take time to bring along so you need experience to come out swinging in 2015.

I would try to sign a CB (Maxwell?) & a free safety (McCourty, smart underrated guy).

I would sign n OLB if possible (Jerry Hughes or Brandon Graham)

Those are the defensive free agents.

I would sign only 2 offensive free agent (Bulaga) & (Spiller)

That would leave Aboushi/Winters/Dozier/Breno to fight it out for the 2 guard spots.

Losers give us the depth win need to cover for injuries.

Draft:

It's time to get some explosive offensive players that can grow up together.

If we stay at 6 (White or Cooper)

2nd round- pray that Gurley drops, even if you have to move up slightly to insure you get him.

I know everyone says RBs are a dime a dozen its time to take the Jets into the future of the NFL.

Just thinking about a Jets team on Sunday with Decker/White or Cooper/ Kerley/ Amaro/ Ivory-CJ Spiller-Gurley with a pretty good offensive line is pretty exciting.

McCourty will come cheaper than a top flight corner.

Spiller won't cost anymore than the money we threw away last year on CJ2.

Hughes or Graham/Maxwell or ?/Bulaga will be pretty expensive but we have to spend.

When free agency settles down we will still have money for some vets to round out the team & bring in some hard workers who can teach & lead by example for the young guys.

This isn't rocket science & with the money we have it really is like playing Madden.

The biggest thing will be Maccagnon & Bowles convincing these free agents to play for us.

Bowles is really well respected, I think players love him & respect him.

Let the recruiting begin on March 10th.

So, who's the quarterback?

Iupati is a must sign for me. We have the cap room, must spend it, and a need at his position; and he's one of the best. If you don't spend in this scenario, then when?

I also think that Cromartie is more realistic than Maxwell. I'd rather not get into a bidding war with the Eagles for Byron Maxwell.

Iupati is a must sign for me. We have the cap room, must spend it, and a need at his position; and he's one of the best. If you don't spend in this scenario, then when?

I also think that Cromartie is more realistic than Maxwell. I'd rather not get into a bidding war with the Eagles for Byron Maxwell.

My scenario is there is no trade with the Eagles. I would bring in Hoyer. He played pretty well without Gordon.

If he can't beat out Geno in camp then you at least have a vet that come in & calm things down.

Everyone has gone over the QB options ad nausium.

Not many things you can do. Bryce Petty could be an option for the future if he's there at 3.

I think there is more value to our team overall with Bulaga & we have a plethora of guards on the roster & even Breno can slide over. Ever since Damian Woody left the right side has been an issue.

It's so much easier to groom guards then to find anchors at the tackle spots.

My scenario is there is no trade with the Eagles. I would bring in Hoyer. He played pretty well without Gordon.

If he can't beat out Geno in camp then you at least have a vet that come in & calm things down.

Everyone has gone over the QB options ad nausium.

Not many things you can do. Bryce Petty could be an option for the future if he's there at 3.

I'm sorry, I just can't bring myself to be on board signing a guy who was so horrific that they went to Johnny Manziel.

The Tinstar Plan:

Sign Jason Worilds

Sign Cro

Put Pryor at SS

Put Antonio Allen at FS

1st   -  Draft Ray, Fowler Jr or (Beasley trade down) 

2nd  -  Draft DGB (2nd round)

3rd   -  Draft Jake Fisher

4th   -  Draft Daryl Williams

5th   -  Draft TJ Yeldon   (5 round)

The Tinstar Plan:

Sign Jason Worilds

Sign Cro

Put Pryor at SS

Put Antonio Allen at FS

Worilds & drafting Fowler? Don't see that happening.

We have 50 million in cap space & you used maybe 12 depending on the structuring of the contracts?

Worilds & drafting Fowler? Don't see that happening.

We have 50 million in cap space & you used maybe 12 depending on the structuring of the contracts?

I am drafting a developmental QB late in the draft, but I am signing somebody or trading for somebody.  If you spend all your cap money in free agency, what do you do after the June 1st cuts and when the final 53s are announced.     Maybe I sign someone else, but these are my immediate targets.

I was thinking the same thing on how good the Jets would be at safety if we have Allen & Pryor playing there correct positions, I would add Kareem Jackson & Maxwell we need 2 corners that can man up, I would sign Orakpo & worild as our linebackers then use the draft on offense for once.

The Tinstar Plan:

Sign Jason Worilds

Sign Cro

Put Pryor at SS

Put Antonio Allen at FS

Yeldon gone by rd 3

good plan, Hughes could be overpriced but I would fine driving up his contract and targeting Jason Worilds as the FA OLB

also would double down on FA CB's Maxwell, Jackson, Cro

Either Hughes/Worilds/Graham

I don't think there are a lot of teams that will be interested in Cro & he'll come pretty cheaply & want to play for Bowles.

Signing McCourty, Maxwell & Cro would solidify the back end.

If you get Milliner & McDougle back (big if I know), Bowles could be really clever with that BIG NICKEL.

You could have Maxwell, Cro, McCourty, AA, Pryor on the field because McCourty is well versed at corner & free safety & Antonio Allen has experience at both.

Milliner & McDougle could be eased back playing nickel & dime schemes. The secondary could go from horrible to pretty formidable if a guy like Hughes/Worild or Graham are chasing the QB instead of Babin or Pace!

That's a lot of size & guys that can move.

I was thinking the same thing on how good the Jets would be at safety if we have Allen & Pryor playing there correct positions, I would add Kareem Jackson & Maxwell we need 2 corners that can man up, I would sign Orakpo & worild as our linebackers then use the draft on offense for once.

Again, Orakpo & Worilds is free agent overkill with our Dline, (too much money too with Orakpos injury history)

We need CBs bad & we know Cro won't break the bank. Cro will be interesting because if Bowles DOESNT sign him, we know he thinks he's finished.

I'd love to steal McCourty from the Pats! Dude is one versatile Mo Fo that Bowles could use as the secondary QB which would really help Pryor out. McCourty would be like a coach on the field.

Again, Orakpo & Worilds is free agent overkill with our Dline, (too much money too with Orakpos injury history)

We need CBs bad & we know Cro won't break the bank. Cro will be interesting because if Bowles DOESNT sign him, we know he thinks he's finished.

I'd love to steal McCourty from the Pats! Dude is one versatile Mo Fo that Bowles could use as the secondary QB which would really help Pryor out. McCourty would be like a coach on the field.

Obviously this plan only works if every free agent move can fall into place.

I would try to solidify the defense in free agency. Young pups take time to bring along so you need experience to come out swinging in 2015.

I would try to sign a CB (Maxwell?) & a free safety (McCourty, smart underrated guy).

I would sign n OLB if possible (Jerry Hughes or Brandon Graham)

Those are the defensive free agents.

I would sign only 2 offensive free agent (Bulaga) & (Spiller)

That would leave Aboushi/Winters/Dozier/Breno to fight it out for the 2 guard spots.

Losers give us the depth win need to cover for injuries.

Draft:

It's time to get some explosive offensive players that can grow up together.

If we stay at 6 (White or Cooper)

2nd round- pray that Gurley drops, even if you have to move up slightly to insure you get him.

I know everyone says RBs are a dime a dozen its time to take the Jets into the future of the NFL.

Just thinking about a Jets team on Sunday with Decker/White or Cooper/ Kerley/ Amaro/ Ivory-CJ Spiller-Gurley with a pretty good offensive line is pretty exciting.

McCourty will come cheaper than a top flight corner.

Spiller won't cost anymore than the money we threw away last year on CJ2.

Hughes or Graham/Maxwell or ?/Bulaga will be pretty expensive but we have to spend.

When free agency settles down we will still have money for some vets to round out the team & bring in some hard workers who can teach & lead by example for the young guys.

This isn't rocket science & with the money we have it really is like playing Madden.

The biggest thing will be Maccagnon & Bowles convincing these free agents to play for us.

Bowles is really well respected, I think players love him & respect him.

Let the recruiting begin on March 10th.

How can Mcourty be underated? he made the probowl once 2010 and made all pro twice 2011 and 2013. That is about as highly rated as you can get unless your name is Berry, Thomas or Weddel.  And he will cost more than any corner this year. (not including revis)

I don't think you are putting enough resources into the guard, none of those 4 that you have listed has shown very brightly.

I like Hughes a lot more as a 4-3 end than as a 3-4 OLB, He struggled in Indy as an OLB

Why Spiller?  Giving a guy like that the money he will demand (4 years-24?) Why not just stay with Powell an get a cheaper guy like Vereen

I like Jackson also, but it's either Cro or Jackson , whoever gives me the best discount. I want no part of Orakpo .

Will Atlanta take a run at Maxwell?  Who are their CBs?

How can Mcourty be underated? he made the probowl once 2010 and made all pro twice 2011 and 2013. That is about as highly rated as you can get unless your name is Berry, Thomas or Weddel.  And he will cost more than any corner this year. (not including revis)

I don't think you are putting enough resources into the guard, none of those 4 that you have listed has shown very brightly.

I like Hughes a lot more as a 4-3 end than as a 3-4 OLB, He struggled in Indy as an OLB

Why Spiller?  Giving a guy like that the money he will demand (4 years-24?) Why not just stay with Powell an get a cheaper guy like Vereen

I haven't heard anyone talking about McCourty really, I'm sure that will change after March 10th. I think he might be a Jersey guy?

He's still a safety & go & look at the above average safety numbers (he's not in Thomas league).

He just does a lot of things well (he has a nose for the ball & good hands that's why I want him). He's not gonna break the bank, Jets can definitely offer him more than the Patriots.

I want Spiller because he played really well under Chan Gailey & the Jets need an explosive guy catching the ball out of the backfield.

Vareen is a chain mover, Spiller can take it the distance also NO WAY IN HELL Spiller gets 6 per in this league anymore!

With Quinn there I expect him to make a big push for Maxwell.....there defense needs as much help as it can get.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Atlanta has zero pass rush so Maxwell will spend a lot of time looking at the backs of receivers.

In NY he gets to play in Bowles aggressive schemes with one of the BEST Dlines in the NFL. That's what Maccagnon will sell him on.

Plus everyone knows if the Jets get a pass rushing OLB (Hughes/Worilds/Graham) their defense will be top 5!

Bowles really proved himself last year, lost 5 starting defensive players & ended up with the 4th best defense in the league.

Jets facilities are also A+

I'll give that to Woody he really put together a beautiful facility at Florham Park.

Atlanta has zero pass rush so Maxwell will spend a lot of time looking at the backs of receivers.

In NY he gets to play in Bowles aggressive schemes with one of the BEST Dlines in the NFL. That's what Maccagnon will sell him on.

Plus everyone knows if the Jets get a pass rushing OLB (Hughes/Worilds/Graham) their defense will be top 5!

Bowles really proved himself last year, lost 5 starting defensive players & ended up with the 4th best defense in the league.

I'll give that to Woody he really put together a beautiful facility at Florham Park.

I hope you're right and they can sell Maxwell on NY over Atlanta. We probably can offer more money too I'd assume....question is does Atlanta offer more than we think he's worth?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I haven't heard anyone talking about McCourty really, I'm sure that will change after March 10th. I think he might be a Jersey guy?

He's still a safety & go & look at the above average safety numbers (he's not in Thomas league).

He just does a lot of things well (he has a nose for the ball & good hands that's why I want him). He's not gonna break the bank, Jets can definitely offer him more than the Patriots.

I want Spiller because he played really well under Chan Gailey & the Jets need an explosive guy catching the ball out of the backfield.

Vareen is a chain mover, Spiller can take it the distance also NO WAY IN HELL Spiller gets 6 per in this league anymore!

McCourty will get 5 years 37-40 mill from the pats. Weddel got 7mill 3 years ago, Berry and Thomas got almost 10, Jarius Byrd got 9mill, I see McCourty between Weddel and Byrd in performance and pay. Make no mistake the pats will tag him. But if the jets do get him they will be getting a excellent player and teammate and team captain..

And if Spiller is not going to get top money from the jets, why is he going there?

They want Maxwell, they will get him. They will have to pay him more money, but money talks and players walk.

McCourty will get 5 years 37-40 mill from the pats. Weddel got 7mill 3 years ago, Berry and Thomas got almost 10, Jarius Byrd got 9mill, I see McCourty between Weddel and Byrd in performance and pay. Make no mistake the pats will tag him. But if the jets do get him they will be getting a excellent player and teammate and team captain..

And if Spiller is not going to get top money from the jets, why is he going there?

Well obviously you don't see the Pats resigning Revis.

No way in hell they could resign Revis & sign McCourty to a 5 year 37 mill contract. It's a dilemma for the Pats, they rarely pay top dollar for any position.

Just look at players they've let walk in their contract year.

Iupati is a must sign for me. We have the cap room, must spend it, and a need at his position; and he's one of the best. If you don't spend in this scenario, then when?

Totally agree about Iupati. We need two free agent corners get 2 out of the 3 Cro, Culliver or Maxwell.

Who else would pay Spiller more than 5 million per?

I can't think of any team that needs him that bad.

The Gailey factor wins all things bring equal.

Well obviously you don't see the Pats resigning Revis.

No way in hell they could resign Revis & sign McCourty to a 5 year 37 mill contract. It's a dilemma for the Pats, they rarely pay top dollar for any position.

Just look at players they've let walk in their contract year.

Well first, I don't see the pats re-signing revis, but they could certainly make the two long term deals work within the 20 mill that revis is due next year and is now on the cap for., any long term deal for revis could easily have a first year cap hit of 12 mill and a 6mill first year cap hit for McCourty and that even leaves a couple of mill. Each contract year each guy gets 1 mil more so that it averages 14 for Revis and 8 for McCourty over 4 years. At 14 per that would make revis the highest paid and that is what he wants and he will play for a SB contender. I just don't think BB will allocate that much money to a CB

And what do you mean about the pats not paying top dollar.  Brady, Dillon, Moss, Seymour, Wilfork were all paid top 3 at their positions in the nfl during their time with the pats, if you are a top 5 position player they will pay you. Malloy, Samuel, Branch, Warren, were very good players but not at the top. Revis is still a top 5 corner.  McCourty can be considered top 5 FS after Berry, Thomas, Bird and Weddel.

Well first, I don't see the pats re-signing revis, but they could certainly make the two long term deals work within the 20 mill that revis is due next year and is now on the cap for., any long term deal for revis could easily have a first year cap hit of 12 mill and a 6mill first year cap hit for McCourty and that even leaves a couple of mill. Each contract year each guy gets 1 mil more so that it averages 14 for Revis and 8 for McCourty over 4 years. At 14 per that would make revis the highest paid and that is what he wants and he will play for a SB contender. I just don't think BB will allocate that much money to a CB

And what do you mean about the pats not paying top dollar.  Brady, Dillon, Moss, Seymour, Wilfork were all paid top 3 at their positions in the nfl during their time with the pats, if you are a top 5 position player they will pay you. Malloy, Samuel, Branch, Warren, were very good players but not at the top. Revis is still a top 5 corner.  McCourty can be considered top 5 FS after Berry, Thomas, Bird and Weddel.

Actually the only reason the Patriots have cap money is because Brady has always given a home town discount! Look up his cap number for 2014 & 2015. It's ridiculously low for the best QB in the league.

I think Brees cap hit is like 9 million more, that's why the Saints defense sucks eggs.

Archived