Draft Philosophy

jash4

I believe both Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariota will be off the board by the time the Jets pick at 6. Obviously, it's a pretty safe bet Winston will go #1 overall to the Bucs, but I also believe either Tennessee will chose Mariota at #2 or trade their pick to the Eagles or Browns who'll choose Mariota from there. If this is not the case and Mariota is sitting there at 6 the Jets should select him without hesitation to be the new face of the franchise. He's more than capable of making the transition to the NFL from a spread offense, and it doesn't hurt that his accuracy is lethal.

But if they are both gone, I'd really like to see the Jets find a way to take a WR in the first round. Whether its Amari Cooper, Kevin White, or Devante Parker they are in a prime position to snag an absolute stud to compliment Eric Decker. I understand there are some excellent pass rushers available at that spot, but some of these wide outs seem to good pass up for such a WR needy team (assuming percy harbin is released). We passed up on an incredible class last year!

Archived