Sully28

61 members have voted

1. 1. Winston or Mariota?

• Marcus Mariota
    • Jameis Winston

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Within the first 30 seconds of the video: "...his size! His speed! His...not a bad arm."

That's what I like in my QBs. To have a not a bad arm.

Completely ignores how he made a throw on the run, across his body. Newflash buddy, his arm will appear to be a lot stronger once you coach him up to reset his feet.

You don't fix that sh*t. You can't get a 93 MPH fastball out of an 82 MPH arm.

Implying that Mariota has a crap arm. I've seen him put heat on throws before. He has a strong arm. I also saw it in Manziel, his final year in college. Before that, his arm was Pennington esque. They coached him up and he was able to have an average arm. What you don't seem to realize is Mariota doesn't reset his feet well. He's not getting the full potential out of his arm.

Completely ignores how he made a throw on the run, across his body. Newflash buddy, his arm will appear to be a lot stronger once you coach him up to reset his feet.

And how long is that going to take?  Do you see why some of us are not totally sold on him?  I know you can't stand Geno but don't let that blind you from the fact that Mariota is a work in progress and will probably not be ready to contribute for at least a year if not longer. 

And how long is that going to take?  Do you see why some of us are not totally sold on him?  I know you can't stand Geno but don't let that blind you from the fact that Mariota is a work in progress and will probably not be ready to contribute for at least a year if not longer. 

Not long at all, saw it happen with ******* Manziel in college out of all people.

If Geno didn't suck so bad we wouldn't even be thinking QB in the first round.  I believe if either is available we will draft him.

Prefer Winston but will be happy with Mariota.  Here's hoping the football gods look kindly on us..

Winston's going #1 unless he does something incredibly stupid.

Implying that Mariota has a crap arm. I've seen him put heat on throws before. He has a strong arm. I also saw it in Manziel, his final year in college. Before that, his arm was Pennington esque. They coached him up and he was able to have an average arm. What you don't seem to realize is Mariota doesn't reset his feet well. He's not getting the full potential out of his arm.

Bro, it's velocity. Velocity. If you don't have that, your accuracy better be so on point that you can put the football up a mosquito's a$$hole from 30 yards.

Bro, it's velocity. Velocity. If you don't have that, your accuracy better be so on point that you can put the football up a mosquito's a$$hole from 30 yards.

What the hell do you think putting heat on the ball means? It means powering the ball into their. Throwing Stafford esque fastballs. And Cutler has a wicked mean arm. He also sucks cause he can't aim it.

The only thing Geno led this team to was Rex getting fired. And no I don't act like Mariota is the 2nd coming of Luck, but I sure as hell don't act like a lot of posters here where they believe that next year is going to have Luck. It happened the same thing with last year, people were saying that qb class sucked and next year would be better. Now comes this year and people are saying the same sh*t. Just cause I don't parrot bullsh*t that no draft expert is saying about Mariota, i.e. Weak arm, doesn't mean that I think he's Luck. Do I think he has a good chance of becoming a top 15 qb? Yes, and that's precisely why we should take him.

Their's a good video with an analysis on Mariota. Also, shows how full of sh*t Shane is on his arm strength and throwing style. His throwing style is what you want cause it's quick.

Sorry Rex got Rex fired with an assist from Idzik.    Geno should never have started because he wasn't ready, not to mention he had no weapons at all his first year. I mean come on man you have at least acknowledge that.  Personally I don't think Mariota has a weak arm, I just think he is totally clueless when it comes to running a pro style offense, and that includes taking snaps from under center.   I realize he is a very sharp guy so maybe he can learn fast; that said, he has a big learning curve ahead of him.   

Sorry Rex got Rex fired with an assist from Idzik.    Geno should never have started because he wasn't ready, not to mention he had no weapons at all his first year. I mean come on man you have at least acknowledge that.  Personally I don't think Mariota has a weak arm, I just think he is totally clueless when it comes to running a pro style offense, and that includes taking snaps from under center.   I realize he is a very sharp guy so maybe he can learn fast; that said, he has a big learning curve ahead of him.   

And that's a fair concern to have, and a valid one. Not this bullsh*t that Shane keeps making up. Hell in that video I posted the guy even admits he wouldn't take him in the top 15 because of those concerns. Obviously I disagree because RG3 (before the knee injury), Kaepernick, and Newton have all made it in this league.

The only thing Geno led this team to was Rex getting fired. And no I don't act like Mariota is the 2nd coming of Luck, but I sure as hell don't act like a lot of posters here where they believe that next year is going to have Luck. It happened the same thing with last year, people were saying that qb class sucked and next year would be better. Now comes this year and people are saying the same sh*t. Just cause I don't parrot bullsh*t that no draft expert is saying about Mariota, i.e. Weak arm, doesn't mean that I think he's Luck. Do I think he has a good chance of becoming a top 15 qb? Yes, and that's precisely why we should take him.

Their's a good video with an analysis on Mariota. Also, shows how full of sh*t Shane is on his arm strength and throwing style. His throwing style is what you want cause it's quick.

After watching this video I am even more against drafting Mariota.  This guy needs 2 years before he will be ready.  As much as you hate Geno I find it amazing you don't see the similarities between the two.  However Geno has shown to have a much stronger arm from what I have seen.

I am using it. Think of Manziel and how reports are that he's lazy with football. If Manziel can learn it, I have pretty good confidence that Mariota can learn it to.

Yeah but he sucks.  He had no clue what he was doing before he got hurt. 

And that's a fair concern to have, and a valid one. Not this bullsh*t that Shane keeps making up. Hell in that video I posted the guy even admits he wouldn't take him in the top 15 because of those concerns. Obviously I disagree because RG3 (before the knee injury), Kaepernick, and Newton have all made it in this league.

RGIII was exposed last year, Kaepernick blows despite having twice the arm strength of Mariota, and Newton is 250 lbs, is always nicked up, finished behind Mark Sanchez and Drew Stanton with a paltry 82 QBR, and fumbled 9 times. His arm is also approximately 3 times stronger than Mariota's.

RGIII was exposed last year, Kaepernick blows despite having twice the arm strength of Mariota, and Newton is 250 lbs, is always nicked up, finished behind Mark Sanchez and Drew Stanton with a paltry 82 QBR, and fumbled 9 times. His arm is also approximately 3 times stronger than Mariota's.

He's not even the same player as he was his rookie year. His mechanics are completely ****ed up. That knee injury screwed him. I remember someone saying that he has the yips, pretty good analogy.

Kaepernick and Newton are solid qbs who have a lot to do with the success of their organizations. Them being able to scramble has done a lot for both those teams. Hell, Kapernicks scrambling got them to a Super Bowl.

He's not even the same player as he was his rookie year. His mechanics are completely ****ed up. That knee injury screwed him. I remember someone saying that he has the yips, pretty good analogy.

Kaepernick and Newton are solid qbs who have a lot to do with the success of their organizations. Them being able to scramble has done a lot for both those teams. Hell, Kapernicks scrambling got them to a Super Bowl.

You take away their scrambling and you have two guys who struggle to move their teams. And every QB eventually stops running.

I would weep

I don't think u have anything to worry about the fact that most of the mocks have us taking him is a good indication we will not get him, I like to keep track of these media goofs predictions and they are usually way off with the exception of the first 1-2 picks when there is an obvious #1.

You take away their scrambling and you have two guys who struggle to move their teams. And every QB eventually stops running.

And your point? Unless you luck out on one of the top end guys your stuck with qbs like Cutler. I'd much rather have Kapernick or Newton over the rest of the qbs we've had for the past decade.

If anything that shows how completely overrated arm strength is. All these coaches jizz over arm strength when it's really not that big of a deal. It's better to be accurate.

Archived