Todd Bowles and Matt Moore

Dennis Byrd 90

Bowles coached the Fins at the end of 2011.  Matt Moore was the qb then and he went 2 and 1.  I think Moore would be a great addition and would help stabilize the qb situation until we can find one.  He is 30 so two or three years.  It will allow for us to draft a qb and develop.  I'd be excited.  I think with a few other moves our offense would be average and we would be in most games and fun to watch.  Hopefully this happens.   

Why have one mediocre qb when you can have another 5x the price? Wasn't that the Vick logic?

I don't disagree but we have to sign a veteran qb to compete.  You connect the dots Moore seems to be a logical fit.  I think he is very underated with the free agent qbs.  He's not great I agree but better than what else is out there and he would definitely push Geno (probably beat him for the number 1 too).

I don't disagree but we have to sign a veteran qb to compete.  You connect the dots Moore seems to be a logical fit.  I think he is very underated with the free agent qbs.  He's not great I agree but better than what else is out there and he would definitely push Geno (probably beat him for the number 1 too).

I'm not sure who these people think the Jets are going to get to compete with Geno.  Above average QB's don't become FA's.  Matt Moore would be a reasonable guy to bring in, especially if Bowles likes him.  

I'm not sure who these people think the Jets are going to get to compete with Geno.  Above average QB's don't become FA's.  Matt Moore would be a reasonable guy to bring in, especially if Bowles likes him.  

If Sam Bradford gets cut he is an above average QB and a free agent.  It's about injury risk.  That's why Peyton Manning was a free agent too.  

Why do we have to sign a veteran QB? Why can't we draft a kid and have Geno be the "veteran" that so many of us seem to want?

Bowles coached the Fins at the end of 2011.  Matt Moore was the qb then and he went 2 and 1.  I think Moore would be a great addition and would help stabilize the qb situation until we can find one.  He is 30 so two or three years.  It will allow for us to draft a qb and develop.  I'd be excited.  I think with a few other moves our offense would be average and we would be in most games and fun to watch.  Hopefully this happens.   

If Bowles can win 2 out of every 3 games here, We will all be pretty happy.

If you are going to go with a crappy QB, why not Geno?  At least he is cheap and has good physical tools (provided you don't classify common sense as a physical tool).  Matt Moore is no better than Geno.

I think the idea is to have a higher floor.  Geno has been wildly inconsistent.  With a sort of steady squid type guy like Moore,  Fitzpatrick, McCown or Hoyer you can get a better idea of where your team is at.  Geno was so bad some games that if the other 21 guys had career days you still couldn't win.

The whole idea behind these vet jags we are talking about is game control and not turning the ball over.  Geno has more upside of all of the jags we want to sign but he turns it over and you cannot win in this league with a guy that turns it over.  I'd like to see teams handle QB's like they handle RB's, you fumble?  You are on the bench.

There is no solution to this teams QB problems this year, even if we draft one of the big two.  Bring in a vet who knows the game, even if he is a jag, have Geno here, draft another Qb and let the competition be totally open.  Best QB plays.

If you are going to go with a crappy QB, why not Geno?  At least he is cheap and has good physical tools (provided you don't classify common sense as a physical tool).  Matt Moore is no better than Geno.

This is true Geno is 10X better than any of the crap available. Geno Smith will get better have patience we need a lot of other immediate impact players on this roster via the draft and free agency. 

Archived