Tensions Rising Between Peterson's agent, Vikings

AFJF

If your job refused to let you work you'd complain too. And even if they're paying they're screwing him over by not getting any reps in.

As for what he did? Awful. But an NFL team taking a "stand" on anything is a joke. Your problem (and mine) should be with the prosecutors. 

I'm just saying, something has to give here. Either play him or cut/trade him. He can complain all he wants, it falls on my deaf ears. The team had to pay him 10mill dollars last year for no production because he got arrested. I feel bad for the guy that cut the checks not the guy who cashed them. I don't have a problem with the prosecutors for enforcing a law where you can not hit a 4 year old with a stick. call me a weak kneed liberal, there is no place for that. This is not him spanking the kid bare assed and leaving hand prints, this is hitting him with a stick and leaving welts days later.

Do you think he should have to pay back the ten mill that the team paid him last year? While he was being found guilty of a crime of which your fanbase feels is abhorrent.

He can complain all he wants, it falls on my deaf ears. The team had to play him 10mill dollars last year for no production because he got arrested. I feel bad for the guy that cut the checks not the guy who cashed them. I don't have a problem with the prosecutors for enforcing a law where you can not hit a 4 year old with a stick. call me a weak kneed liberal, there is no place for that. This is not him spanking the kid bare assed and leaving hand prints, this is hitting him with a stick and leaving welts days later.

Do you think he should have to pay back the ten mill that the team paid him last year? While he was being found guilty of a crime of which your fanbase feels is abhorrent.

You're thinking with way too much emotion here. I agree with you, it was a terrible thing. But it's over now. He got probation. I'm looking at this from a business standpoint and not some moral one where the party involved, the NFL, are some pretty terrible people and now they want to take some moral high road. Get out of here with that. The NFL is as morally bankrupt as anyone you can think of.

Also, I think you're misunderstanding me when I say your problem is with the prosecutors. I think they didn't go FAR ENOUGH. Probation for what he did was outrageous.  

It is not over, the team is pissed, they had to pay this guy 10mill last year and he is complains that the team did not hold his hand during the trial for beating his kid.

You asked if we would be mad if my employer did the same, I would be on bended knee, praising my employer for paying me millions of dollars while I stood trial on a charge that alienated the fans and customers of my employer.  He is being a total dick, the team can not do anything to him or with him while he is on the suspended list. They can't cut him, trade him, play him, or have him work out.   After all the harm he did to the vikings and the pay that he recieved while being found guilty, he want the team to announce that they will cut him in April, so that his agents can work out a deal beforehand. Tuff sh*t.

He's extremely lucky that he got paid anything last year, so this talk about the Vikings being unfair to him is just nonsense.  Surely there's some kind of clause in his contract that would have allowed the Vikings, if they so desired, to withhold money from him for tarnishing the image of their franchise, which he undoubtedly did when he beat his son.  If the Vikings had really wanted to, they could have found a way not to pay him, but they did, and paid obscenely well for the 75 yards he gained in 2014.  Peterson and his agent's stance on this is just despicable.  

Archived