Will Evidence of Cheating cause FA to avoid NE?

32EBoozer

Will cheating scandals effect NE in FA?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will Evidence of Cheating cause FA to avoid NE

• Money being Equal, I go elsewhere
    • Money being equal I choose the Champs
    • I'd give a discount to play in NE
    • I'd need a premium to play with Bellichek

I really think players are tired of the culture of cheating in NE. Money would have to be at a Premium to play for those arrogant pricks!

What say you?

In a league full of HGH driven players you think they care about cheating?  Funny.

I really think players are tired of the culture of cheating in NE. Money would have to be at a Premium to play for those arrogant pricks!

What say you?

Four Super Bowl titles in 14 years says otherwise.

FA players who want to win a ring will go to New England in a heartbeat.

Is Jimmy willing to stay in NE that long? Brady is talking about another 4-6 years of football. Jimmy G. is under contract for what, another 3 seasons?

Kid may actually want to play!

Brady's contract is through 2017

Garoppolo's rookie contract is through 2017

I might have to jump over to the analytical thread to see what the Pats are going to do.

Most players would love to go to NE, the only negative is their propensity to dump guys unceremoniously the moment they feel they can do better.  If you talked to some of the players and or agents they have turfed you might get some negative vibes, other than that no problem.  In the end in the vast majority of cases $ talks the loudest.

Brady's contract is through 2017

Garoppolo's rookie contract is through 2017

I might have to jump over to the analytical thread to see what the Pats are going to do.

So if Brady tells Bob Kraft he wants to sign another 3 yr. contract does Bobby say "no"?

If Jimmy G. can't beat out Brady by 2017, do they really want to keep Jimmy around?

Is Jimmy willing to stay in NE that long? Brady is talking about another 4-6 years of football. Jimmy G. is under contract for what, another 3 seasons?

Kid may actually want to play!

Worked out OK for Aaron Rodgers.  He 'learned the game' for three years before going under center.  If Brady is still playing in three or four years, my guess is that Jimmy will get his chance somewhere else whether he likes it or not.

So if Brady tells Bob Kraft he wants to sign another 3 yr. contract does Bobby say "no"?

If Jimmy G. can't beat out Brady by 2017, do they really want to keep Jimmy around?

No.

I find it funny that the media likes to play, the "Patriots would rather cut a player too soon than too late" card.

This is true, but I would guess it is not applicable to once in a generation QB. Cutting Mankins is easy when the average LG can do a decent job and be coached up.  You can't coach Jimmy G up to Brady.

Short of Brady stringing together some Andy Dalton years, Kraft will extend Brady.

No way the Pats offer a 3-year contract to a QB who will be 41 years old, not even Brady.

He doesn't need to beat him out by 2017, all he to do is convince the Pats he will Brady's successor.

Personally, I think Brady walks away from the game if one of two things happen over the next 3 years:

1) He gets his 5th ring.

2) His performance deteriorates significantly. 

I would think most players would like to get a SB ring without the asterisk on it

You might want to call John Elway in Denver or Jerry Rice in San Francisco about the asterisk.

Players who want to buy into a system and win will come to New England.

You might want to call John Elway in Denver or Jerry Rice in San Francisco about the asterisk.

Players who want to buy into a system and win will come to New England.

Embrace your organization cheating from head to toe, no need to throw any stones mon.

Embrace your organization cheating from head to toe, no need to throw any stones mon.

The Broncos were paying their superstar players outside of the salary cap when they won back to back Super Bowls. That is the definition of cheating.

The real question is will their current free agents like McCourty resign or test the market. NE has been very consistent that they expect home grown guys to give a home town discount. They almost never pay their own guys.

I think players are tired of the culture of not valuing their players fairly and the disloyal nature of that organization. I really hope McCourty hit the market.

what player, or players displayed this? Every player on every teams feels they are being mistreated, they all are trying to get the most money possible.

and on top of this, rival fans always say this..but no player as ever come back to haunt the pats after being cut, and FAs still come here, and love it!

and it's funny McCourty...jet fans want McCourty, but you could of had him in the draft, but nobody but BB was looking at players from rutgers (not always a good idea, still would of taken Dez Bryant over McCourty)......brought him in and turned him into a player that even rival fans want on their team....

Archived