No on Mariota

Jetsmanjb

I agree with you and is a main reason why I have no problem if we passed on Mariotta.   But if he is our pick then I'm going to trust that management really feels strongly that he is a franchise QB and pray that he will be.    I'm really hoping that if we don't want Mariotta then he is not available at 6 (unless it leads to a good trade for us) because if we just pass on him we will be talking about this non stop for a long time.     If he's selected ahead of us then we can debate a WR or pass rusher but at least we will grab a potential stud without having to worry if we did the right thing by passing over the QB. 

I have to agree and hope he is not available; because if he is we almost have to take him and no matter what any one says, I can't see him being ready to play his first year so we get no benefit from that premium pick in the upcoming season and hope he develops to become the starter for the season after (no sure thing). 

I agree with you and is a main reason why I have no problem if we passed on Mariotta.   But if he is our pick then I'm going to trust that management really feels strongly that he is a franchise QB and pray that he will be.    I'm really hoping that if we don't want Mariotta then he is not available at 6 (unless it leads to a good trade for us) because if we just pass on him we will be talking about this non stop for a long time.     If he's selected ahead of us then we can debate a WR or pass rusher but at least we will grab a potential stud without having to worry if we did the right thing by passing over the QB. 

This.

Excellent post with fantastic support for your claim. I feel like your post is going to help change the mind of every Jet fan especially cause we now know that there is more value at other positions in the draft such as ________ and _______. Thanks again for this I cant stress enough how helpful this one was to me.

I take it you're all in for Mariota... I mean I can suggest the picks that would be more beneficial to the franchise but if I had to guess I would say you're too stubborn to hear them out

I take it you're all in for Mariota... I mean I can suggest the picks that would be more beneficial to the franchise but if I had to guess I would say you're too stubborn to hear them out

Nah I am about 20% in for Mariota, I would prefer Winston obviously because I think he has a better head (when it comes to football) and a much better arm, I don't prefer the "dual threat" QBs. I would also be happy with Kevin White because he is a big receiver with good hands and would be a threat that most teams would have plan for when playing us. I would take Fowler because he is big, lengthy, and quick, he would make the ideal pass rusher that we have been missing for some time now. Sheriff (if that muscle he pulled at the combine turns out to just be a minor thing as everyone expects) is a big strong lineman that we could use as the better players on our line are getting old now. Cooper I would also take though at pick 6 he would be my last choice of them because I don't see a super high ceiling as most people do right now but  think his floor is somewhere just above Decker so the risk is not there.

So the short version is no I am not all in on Mariota, I just think if you make a claim you should atleast address the why.

I believe there is more value in using our picks to cover other positions

I am at work so I didn't have the time to read all 14 of the words you posted in this indepth analysis of this years upcoming draft. I hope to sit down and wade through it over a glass of wine tonight. But in essence, I agree with the direction you are going here.

Thanks for sparking a passionate debate with such great points and counter points. You made me look at our whole franchise in a different light.

I am at work so I didn't have the time to read all 14 of the words you posted in this indepth analysis of this years upcoming draft. I hope to sit down and wade through it over a glass of wine tonight. But in essence, I agree with the direction you are going here.

Thanks for sparking a passionate debate with such great points and counter points. You made me look at our whole franchise in a different light.

The kid sucks I don't know what you were expecting me to say-  don't pick him ?  There's more value in virtually every other player were projected to take.

Archived