Newsday: Jets not expected to bring back Kyle Wilson (merged)

Maxman

image.JPGKyle Wilson catches a pass during warmups. (Aug. 18, 2012) Photo Credit: Getty Images

Kyle Wilson's days with the Jets are likely numbered.

Sources told Newsday on Wednesday that the former first-round pick isn't expected to return to the team in 2015.

The 27-year-old cornerback will become a free agent on March 10.

Wilson was selected 29th overall in 2010, but his five-year tenure with the team has been disappointing. He never developed into anything more than an average slot cornerback after he struggled mightily on the outside.

One of coach Todd Bowles' priorities is shoring up the secondary. It's unclear how healthy Dee Milliner (Achilles) and Dexter McDougle (ACL) will be after undergoing surgery last year. And with Wilson's expected departure, the Jets also will be in the market for a slot corner.

Wilson, a Piscataway, New Jersey, native, played 320 snaps in 2014. In his career with the Jets, he's registered 162 tackles, three interceptions and one sack.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now i'm 100% positive this organization finally has its head on straight. Rex would of asked to retain him simply because of the lack Of depth at Corner.

Pretty much. The new start for any team you root for is always the Honeymoon phase for a while. But I agree with you that it seems like these guys know what they're doing.

image.JPGKyle Wilson catches a pass during warmups. (Aug. 18, 2012) Photo Credit: Getty Images

Kyle Wilson's days with the Jets are likely numbered.

Sources told Newsday on Wednesday that the former first-round pick isn't expected to return to the team in 2015.

The 27-year-old cornerback will become a free agent on March 10.

Wilson was selected 29th overall in 2010, but his five-year tenure with the team has been disappointing. He never developed into anything more than an average slot cornerback after he struggled mightily on the outside.

One of coach Todd Bowles' priorities is shoring up the secondary. It's unclear how healthy Dee Milliner (Achilles) and Dexter McDougle (ACL) will be after undergoing surgery last year. And with Wilson's expected departure, the Jets also will be in the market for a slot corner.

Wilson, a Piscataway, New Jersey, native, played 320 snaps in 2014. In his career with the Jets, he's registered 162 tackles, three interceptions and one sack.

OH MY GOD11111

Only thing surprising about this thread is the photo used. When the hell has Wilson caught the football?

3 career interceptions and off the top of my head I can only remember one.....it was the game against SD where we came back from down at halftime and Sanchez threw 3 TDs to Plax, Wilson had the game clinching INT on the final drive. The other 2, I have no idea.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Made my morning. I just hope Rexie jumps all over him. Guaranteed 1st downs for us whenever we play the Jills.

Sims 2015: What was that? It looked like the former Jet just gave them that 1st down. It's 3rd and 6, you can't leave that guy a 12 yard cushion.

Bye Bye I can't wait till the 10th.

I hate to say it but I think they are going to have to turn over a large part of the roster before we can expect this team to be any good. I am not talking about .500 teams, I am talking about division winning teams.

They are going to need to turn over most of this roster to clear the stench of Rex and his coaching affects.

This is a decent first step, as Wilson embodies a lot of what Rex is all about

Archived