Newsday: Jets not expected to bring back Kyle Wilson (merged)

Maxman

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The end of an era

"The end of an error"

I think back to how many times he was burned in coverage & the QB missed the throw & Wilson would wag his finger,LMAO!

It was like dude you just got lucky!

The other thing that drove me crazy, he'd tackle a guy & get all excited while the ref is signaling a 1st down.

It was like he was in a dimension with no time or space & he had no clue where the 1st marker was or what the hell down it was.

You must be too young to remember all the butt kickings administered by Jim Kelly to gang green. I do. Most of them were of the late comeback variety. It always seemed under Walton and Coslet that the Jets would have the lead a good many times, but always fold in the fourth quarter. They would always try something stupid to 'trick' the opponent and it would backfire.

Remember the game in Buffalo when Cary Blanchard missed the fg on last play of game that would have put us in playoffs? That was the week before the meltdown in Houston when Buddy Ryan went after Gilbride. More of our wonderful past.

Remember the game in Buffalo when Cary Blanchard missed the fg on last play of game that would have put us in playoffs? That was the week before the meltdown in Houston when Buddy Ryan went after Gilbride. More of our wonderful past.

How about the azz kicking we got in that Houston game?

Houston's defense was just teeing off on us & I remember thinking, "OMG our team is literally intimidated".

It was hard to watch.

How about the azz kicking we got in that Houston game?

Houston's defense was just teeing off on us & I remember thinking, "OMG our team is literally intimidated".

It was hard to watch.

Yes.Was the Sunday night game.Set up the work week week well. Wasn't this last game of 1993, and the farewell for Coslett and Boomer?

You know I never hated the Bills like I have hated the Dolphins and the Pats but with the Carny now running the show up there-it may just turn to pity

You must be too young to remember all the butt kickings administered by Jim Kelly to gang green. I do. Most of them were of the late comeback variety. It always seemed under Walton and Coslet that the Jets would have the lead a good many times, but always fold in the fourth quarter. They would always try something stupid to 'trick' the opponent and it would backfire.

He's not too young to remember. It's that he spent just over 6 consecutive years following the Dead back in the mid-70s and his mind is mush. Good guy, zillion seriously-good clips of him singing & playing guitar floating around, but took a few hundred too many doses in the backseat of his ex's rusted VW Bus. It's also why he didn't ditch being a Jets fan 35+ years ago like a smart person with all his marbles would have. Any story he tells you to the contrary is bullsh*t.

...oh, and Kyle Wilson sucks.

He's not too young to remember. It's that he spent just over 6 consecutive years following the dead back in the mid-70s and his mind is mush. Good guy, zillion seriously-good clips of him singing & playing guitar floating around, but took a few hundred too many doses in the backseat of his ex's rusted VW Bus. It's also why he didn't ditch being a Jets fan 35+ years ago like a smart person with all his marbles would have. Any story he tells you to the contrary is bullsh*t.

...oh, and Kyle Wilson sucks.

Great post! I think many of us fall into that same boat. The Jets turn our brains to mush also...they just use different methods.

Sources: Jets not expected to bring back Kyle Wilson

February 25, 2015 9:24 PM

image.JPGKyle Wilson catches a pass during warmups. (Aug. 18, 2012) Photo Credit: Getty Images

Kyle Wilson's days with the Jets are likely numbered.

Sources told Newsday on Wednesday that the former first-round pick isn't expected to return to the team in 2015.

The 27-year-old cornerback will become a free agent on March 10.

Wilson was selected 29th overall in 2010, but his five-year tenure with the team has been disappointing. He never developed into anything more than an average slot cornerback after he struggled mightily on the outside.

One of coach Todd Bowles' priorities is shoring up the secondary. It's unclear how healthy Dee Milliner (Achilles) and Dexter McDougle (ACL) will be after undergoing surgery last year. And with Wilson's expected departure, the Jets also will be in the market for a slot corner.

Wilson, a Piscataway, New Jersey, native, played 320 snaps in 2014. In his career with the Jets, he's registered 162 tackles, three interceptions and one sack.

If we resigned this guy I am financing the firemac.com billboard myself.

Yes.Was the Sunday night game.Set up the work week week well. Wasn't this last game of 1993, and the farewell for Coslett and Boomer?

Yes it was.

You know I can take losses but I hated watching the Jets be intimidated. Houstons physicality was so evident in that game everyone watching knew the Jets HAD NO CHANCE IN HELL to win that game.

It was like a grown man slapping a boy around in front of his friends, disgusting to watch but helpless to do anything.

Buddys defenses were bullies if your Oline & skill players were weak.

the thing I'll miss the most about him is him getting torched by 20 yards, having the Wr drop the pass or it be over thrown and then doing the finger wag.  

I'll miss nothing about this worthless, sorrowful, waste of a 1st or even a roster slot.

As some mentioned earlier, it was sad when an initiative was on here to prove his worth through trotting out some metrics that disproved the adage that the numbers don't lie.

I'll be amazed if he's ever on the field for another snap in the NFL or anywhere for that matter.

He was our Emperor's New Clothes fairy tale and thank God it's over.   

I'll miss nothing about this worthless, sorrowful, waste of a 1st or even a roster slot.

As some mentioned earlier, it was sad when an initiative was on here to prove his worth through trotting out some metrics that disproved the adage that the numbers don't lie.

I'll be amazed if he's ever on the field for another snap in the NFL or anywhere for that matter.

He was our Emperor's New Clothes fairy tale and thank God it's over.   

He'll definitely get picked up elsewhere. There's always a coach out there that feels a healthy, one-promising prospect was only unsuccessful because "He didn't have me coaching him." Look at all the DL busts Skelator used to pick up in Denver. DRob, Gerard Warren, Courtney Brown.  Belichick also takes a lot of shots on guys who suck, and it seemed every spring we hear how that year's discarded bag of rocks he scooped up is going to suddenly be great now. 

image.JPGKyle Wilson catches a pass during warmups. (Aug. 18, 2012) Photo Credit: Getty Images

Kyle Wilson's days with the Jets are likely numbered.

Sources told Newsday on Wednesday that the former first-round pick isn't expected to return to the team in 2015.

The 27-year-old cornerback will become a free agent on March 10.

Wilson was selected 29th overall in 2010, but his five-year tenure with the team has been disappointing. He never developed into anything more than an average slot cornerback after he struggled mightily on the outside.

One of coach Todd Bowles' priorities is shoring up the secondary. It's unclear how healthy Dee Milliner (Achilles) and Dexter McDougle (ACL) will be after undergoing surgery last year. And with Wilson's expected departure, the Jets also will be in the market for a slot corner.

Wilson, a Piscataway, New Jersey, native, played 320 snaps in 2014. In his career with the Jets, he's registered 162 tackles, three interceptions and one sack.

This was a big swing and a miss for the late first round.  But he did have that bus.

He'll definitely get picked up elsewhere. There's always a coach out there that feels a healthy, one-promising prospect was only unsuccessful because "He didn't have me coaching him." Look at all the DL busts Skelator used to pick up in Denver. DRob, Gerard Warren, Courtney Brown.  Belichick also takes a lot of shots on guys who suck, and it seemed every spring we hear how that year's discarded bag of rocks he scooped up is going to suddenly be great now. 

I'm certain he'll go to a camp or 2, but it isn't going to change the stark reality that Wilson is so horrible at coverage that he never knows where the ball is. Absolutely the best he can do is to try and stick within 3-5 ft of whoever he's covering and there's no allowance in that for turning your head to determine where the ball might be.

That obviously doesn't work on outside coverage but even from the slot where he would be coming in to cover, there's many times that route's turn up field - hosed again.

As for Kyle's interceptions - there's the Kerry Rhodes Theorem that states "if you are on a field where footballs are thrown enough, sooner or later one or more will be thrown to you" 

i will credit him with being able to catch some of what was thrown at him (see picture) but he missed and or dropped some of those too.

I'm certain he'll go to a camp or 2, but it isn't going to change the stark reality that Wilson is so horrible at coverage that he never knows where the ball is. Absolutely the best he can do is to try and stick within 3-5 ft of whoever he's covering and there's no allowance in that for turning your head to determine where the ball might be.

That obviously doesn't work on outside coverage but even from the slot where he would be coming in to cover, there's many times that route's turn up field - hosed again.

As for Kyle's interceptions - there's the Kerry Rhodes theorem that states "if you are on a field where footballs are thrown enough, sooner or later one or more will be thrown to you" 

3 career interceptions...pretty remarkable. 

As for Kyle's interceptions - there's the Kerry Rhodes Theorem that states "if you are on a field where footballs are thrown enough, sooner or later one or more will be thrown to you" 

Eff-him and I'm thrilled to move on. But he'll find another home, at least for a while. If he was unworthy of being on any NFL roster (or starting/playing), a guy who was on the field so much for us would have been surrendering 10+ receptions per game, a few of them TDs, as everyone he's covering is always open by default.

He sucks but believe it or not there are even worse out there. In today's pass-heavy game (and with so many teams with so much cap space), there will be a market for a healthy corner with 5 years' experience to cover the slot. Even one who was a bust for a 1st rounder who was once proclaimed to be a steal where we nabbed him.

He's not too young to remember. It's that he spent just over 6 consecutive years following the Dead back in the mid-70s and his mind is mush. Good guy, zillion seriously-good clips of him singing & playing guitar floating around, but took a few hundred too many doses in the backseat of his ex's rusted VW Bus. It's also why he didn't ditch being a Jets fan 35+ years ago like a smart person with all his marbles would have. Any story he tells you to the contrary is bullsh*t.

I still have the clip of Jimmy singing Comfortably Numb which he sent me years ago.

The dude knows/plays great music.

Archived