Anthony Fasano TE Cut

KRL

This is one player that we could actually use.  A veteran blocking TE that Bowles has

experience with (MIA):

http://www.nfl.com/player/anthonyfasano/2495835/profile

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000474285/article/kansas-city-chiefs-release-te-anthony-fasano

The cuts just keep on coming.

The Kansas City Chiefs announced that they have release tight end Anthony Fasano on Thursday.

Chalk it up as a salary cap move after Fasano was on tap to make $2.8 million next season. He finishes his two-year run in Kansas City with 48 catches for 426 yards and seven touchdowns over 26 appearances. The Chiefs will save $1.96 million with the move, per OverTheCap.com.

NFL Media's Jeff Darlington was told that Fasano, 30, hopes to continue his career. He's bound to land elsewhere after logging 109 starts over nine seasons with the Cowboys, Dolphins and Chiefs.

Fasano was a reliable option last season, but we never agreed with the veteran logging more snaps (638) than Travis Kelce (634), who emerged as a freaky play-making, pass-catching threat in Andy Reid's offense.

The Chiefs will now build their tight end group around Kelce, with Demetrius Harris and Richard Gordon getting looks alongside whatever talent is added through the draft and free agency. 

Wouldn't be the worst player to add as a backup to Amaro. Even if he's used mostly as a blocking TE, he's a blocking TE who can catch. Cumberland still isn't much of a blocker and frankly hasn't shown us that 4.5 speed I read about so many times. But Cumberland's deal has no guaranteed money so let them duke it out for the #2 spot. 

Don't know what his asking price is or what his value will be on the open market. Shouldn't be too high in theory, but it's so hard to gauge what guys will get with the cap rising another $10M and so many teams having so much cap space.

Wouldn't be the worst player to add as a backup to Amaro. Even if he's used mostly as a blocking TE, he's a blocking TE who can catch. Cumberland still isn't much of a blocker and frankly hasn't shown us that 4.5 speed I read about so many times. But Cumberland's deal has no guaranteed money so let them duke it out for the #2 spot. 

Don't know what his asking price is or what his value will be on the open market. Shouldn't be too high in theory, but it's so hard to gauge what guys will get with the cap rising another $10M and so many teams having so much cap space.

I can never figure out Cumberland.  Is he a JAG or would Peyton Manning turn him into Julius Thomas?

Give me that Bills TE all day. Tremendous blocker and he played under Chan. We already have our primary receiving TE in Jace.

Sign me up for Chandler.

I'm not sure "was interim coached for three games" is much of a connection. I'd be fine with Fasano. It's a second tight end, lol. Nothing to get excited about. Scott Chandler would excite me more.

Give me that Bills TE all day. Tremendous blocker and he played under Chan. We already have our primary receiving TE in Jace.

Sign me up for Chandler.

I'm not sure "was interim coached for three games" is much of a connection. I'd be fine with Fasano. It's a second tight end, lol. Nothing to get excited about. Scott Chandler would excite me more.

I'm sure we'd rather have Chandler, but he is under contract for another year.

very nice option IMO back ups who give you multiple options and insurance if the starter gets hurt are huge to building a solid team. Remember how much the Jets suffered in year 3 and 4 of the Rex tenure because they kept dumping important role players/// you just cant do that in the NFL and so many role players across the league don't get credit for just how important they are to winning football teams.

very nice option IMO back ups who give you multiple options and insurance if the starter gets hurt are huge to building a solid team. Remember how much the Jets suffered in year 3 and 4 of the Rex tenure because they kept dumping important role players/// you just cant do that in the NFL and so many role players across the league don't get credit for just how important they are to winning football teams.

We had no business dumping Vernon Gholston! lol

I think he'd be a good pickup as long as we're realistic about what's expected. Expect 500 yards and a handful of TDs and you'll be disappointed. Expect a couple hundred yards and maybe 1 TD (assuming Amaro's healthy all season), combined with some solid blocking and veteran leadership in the locker room, and it's a good addition.

The Chiefs surprised a lot of people with the size contract they offered him after some solid but very unspectacular years in Miami. 4 years $16M ($4.5M SB, $4.5M guaranteed). He wasn't expected to get that much back then and it should be noticeably lower than that now. Probably somewhere in the $2M per range (give or take $500K) I'd guess, with only the first year guaranteed, if that much. I'd say it might be lower, but the cap has gone up another $20M since that deal was signed. How much interest there is for him will have more of an impact on his next contract than the cap going up. 

Sign me up for Chandler.

Actually I was referring to Lee Smith. He's basically a RT playing TE. Very aggressive, tremendous blocker. Perfect #2 behind Jace.

The only thing that would be cool about signing Fasano is we wouldn't have to worry about him scoring on the Jets. He eats us alive. Scored laying down the last time we played his team.

This is true, but once on the Jets I am sure he would forget where the endzone was.

Cumberland may be a lot of things but slow he isn't or are you talking about Fasano. I would take 5 slow as sh*t Fasanos over 1 scub ass Cumberland.

I've never seen Cumberland do anything fast. I don't know where this speed thing comes from.

Cumberland may be a lot of things but slow he isn't or are you talking about Fasano. I would take 5 slow as sh*t Fasanos over 1 scub ass Cumberland.

Fasano is actually a fairly effective receiver. Cumberland is overrated by jets fans as a receiver and a horrible blocker. He's a poor mans keller

Fasano and Bowles have a history from the Dolphins and both are Parcells guys.  I can see this happening.  Fasano as an all-around TE (blocking, route running, catching) can be considered better than both Amaro and that hot piece of garbage Cumberland who I want out of town.

Fasano and Bowles have a history from the Dolphins and both are Parcells guys. I can see this happening. Fasano as an all-around TE (blocking, route running, catching) can be considered better than both Amaro and that hot piece of garbage Cumberland who I want out of town.

I don't think we've had a tight end that could block anyone since Hartsock and that was 4 years ago.

Archived