Rex Ryans new truck Buffalo Bills style

joewilly12

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very well said. As a long-time Rex supporter who didn't see the light until far too late in this past 4-12 season, I never really fully understood why it was that everyone hated the Rex Ryan-led Jets or why they laughed at Rex and the team. Sure, I knew there were the obvious incidents that deserved ridicule (dressing up at the press conference prior to the Cleveland game, for instance), but I never understood why there was so much vitriol directed towards him and the team.

Now, seeing it from the outside, I completely get it. This wasn't a guy that got caught up in the middle of a circus in New York, it's fairly clear now that he's the ring-leader of the circus. The truck and the pizza and the tattoo and all of it, it's just embarassing, to be honest. I've said it before, but it bears repeating: I feel sorry for the Bills' fans. This move, while it may pay some immediate short-term dividends (they have some talent so he might be able to spark them into a #6 seed appearance in 2015), hiring Ryan is going to leave the Bills in much the same shape he left the Jets, and without anything to show for it other than maybe a single playoff appearance.

Rex is a great salesman if nothing else. I'm sure the bills fans are eating it up

Completely inept yet the first HC to be hired and universally praised as a solid move by the Bills. 

Again.. the only people I hear say Rex can't coach are ax grinding Jet fans who seem blind to the fact that we've had one of the most poorly constructed rosters for the last 2 years.  Lets hope our new GM doesn't destroy morale and the roster like our last did.

Sorry to burst your bubble but Rex had his hand in those horribly constructed rosters. Woody said so himself as it was part of the reason for why Rex was fired too. Rex was at every personnel meeting and never spoke against the moves. As a Head Coach Rex is in way over his head. As a DC he is maybe above average. The league caught onto his overloads quick and he never grew and adapted.  

Archived