What's the worst Jets fan reaction to a loss you've ever heard?

bitonti

I'll start.

It was one of those lost 4-12 seasons (2005 maybe?) and a guy many of us know from the internet forums liked to break things in his house after a loss. Only a problem was it was the end of the season and he had literally broken everything of value.

So on the last sunday of the season, after the final loss, he tore the linoleum from his kitchen floor with his bare hands. 

My father broke a coffee table when I was young. He didn't talk till what seemed like days later. Learned later in life that the game was the Cleveland playoff game. I learned how to curse watching the Jets with my old man.

That game was my worst reaction, my mom still tells me how I cried all night and wouldn't go to school two days later.

When I was a kid, maybe 10 or so in one of the first seasons we played at Giants stadium, our seasons were in the upper corner. There was this guy who  was out of his mind in our section. We were playing the fish and losing the game, the fish fans in our section were bad that day.

Near the end of the game when it was clear we were going to lose, this nut lit one dolphins fans Teal wig on fire. Nobody got hurt, but it was probably the most insane thing I have seen a Jet fan do. Amazingly, he did not even get thrown out of the game or arrested or anything that I saw.

That prick Shula watering the field down.  All so he could get wiped out in a SB we could have won.  David Woodley, for crying out loud.  That was the worst.  I know I broke something, and I had never done that before.  My old man once broke his hand punching a plaster wall after the Brooklyn Dodgers lost a game.  I broke it in the third period--that is how bad that game was.  I think it was an aluminum bread box in my kitchen, where i had gone to fetch beer.  Nothing earth shattering.  I do not get that way anymore.  I got over it quick.  My first child was born the Saturday before the SB.

My father broke a coffee table when I was young. He didn't talk till what seemed like days later. Learned later in life that the game was the Cleveland playoff game. I learned how to curse watching the Jets with my old man.

Ah the Gastineau roughing the passer game. I was at my mother's house with my brother and some friends . I was so pissed and drunk I kicked the bathroom door down. Not one of my finest moments.

My grandpa killed himself after the 1982 AFC Championship. My grandma was a whore, though, so that definitely contributed.

she came home one night after a full day on the street with $100.25. grandpa asked who only paid her 25 cents? she said "all of them."

This isn't a Jets story but I had to mention it.  The Premier League soccer team I follow has a famous legend about a

fan who tore up his season ticket voucher on the field after a bad loss.  The next day their was an envelop on his porch

with the torn ticket inside lovely taped together.  There was also a note that said, "if we have to suffer, so do you."

Someone once posted that after the Gastineau roughing penalty against Cleveland in the playoffs, which cost the Jets a trip to the AFCCG, he kicked his glass coffee table, which hit his poodle who died.  

If that's true, it will be tough to beat.  Killing your dog because of the Jets?  Oh baby, that's cold.

After Tebow truck sticked us out of the playoffs I left the chicks apartment I was at immediately after the play, walked to Dorchester Heights park in South Boston and destroyed all the Jets sh*t I was wearing. Which was basically my entire wardrobe. It was winter and I lived right next to all the bars in South Boston where plenty of people knew me as the a$$hole Jets fan and where happy to point me out as I walked home in shame half naked. I now no longer buy Jets crap or watch games in a place is not safe for me to blow up and break sh*t with dignity.

During the loss to Pitt in the AFC Championship game... i through my watch at the backdoor of the sports bar i was at. IT made a loud noise and everyone stared at me. It was easily the dumbest thing i have ever done in relation to watching a jets game.

Not a fan reaction but the worst loss I ever experienced was the 98 AFC CG vs Denver.

I was fortunate enough to be in Disneyworld during that game watching from the pool in Orlando with my 9 year old son.

After the second half began, we're up 10-0, the Jets recovered a fumble and the network pans to Fireman Ed hugging his brother.

I turned to my son and said, "Isn't this great, Mike, we're in Disneyworld and the Jets are going to the Super Bowl!"

The next 30 minutes were the most painful I have experienced since I became a Jet fan when I was 10 years old.

I never gamble on football but that game the Jets were 12 point dogs and I dropped $100 on them. Final score: 23-10.

And we would have beat Atlanta.

"Brutal" was not a strong enough word for that game. "Cruel" I think was more appropriate.

December 27th, 1981. I had just started watching football and didn't have a team. Jets were down 24-0 in the second quarter and then 31-13 with 10 minutes left in the game. They cut it to 31-27 and had the ball. 3rd and 20 and Todd hits Gaffney for 26. Then Todd throws an interception (his fourth of the game) but it's negated by a defensive holding penalty. 1st and 10 at the 11 with :14 left. Incomplete. And on the next play, Richard Todd from Alabama throws his fourth interception of the game, ending what would have been the greatest comeback in playoff history to that point.

I became a Jet fan that day. I reacted myself into 34 years of misery.

Archived