What's the worst Jets fan reaction to a loss you've ever heard?

bitonti

On phone. Without clicking I'm going to guess Bart Scott 'can't wait' or Rex gets to keep his job.

I'd say after opening day 1999 was one of the most depressing feelings Ive felt. there was so much high hope and expectations and the whole season went down the sh*tter on opening day. the injuries in that game were unreal even besides Vinny.

On phone. Without clicking I'm going to guess Bart Scott 'can't wait' or Rex gets to keep his job.

No its when Rex was retained after the last game of 2013. champagne and celebrations were in the locker room after going 8-8

The Christmas Eve game against Baltimore in 2000 I lost it. Also the Leon Johnson game against the Lions.

Our offense looked amazing the first quarter running no huddle. I jizzed myself when vinny threw that TD to Chrebet who burned his man.

Then Al Groh decided to slow it down just cuz. Season over. We win that game we make the playoffs and never get stuck with idiot herm and subsequent idiot Mangini. Groh was a better HC than both of them his problem was he was too abrasive in that season.

I'd say after opening day 1999 was one of the most depressing feelings Ive felt. there was so much high hope and expectations and the whole season went down the sh*tter on opening day. the injuries in that game were unreal even besides Vinny.

Yeah this was definitely the most depressing, deflating feeling I've felt as a Jets fan in my 32 years on this earth. I was so confident we would be going to the SB that year with the way Parcells had Vinny and the rest of the team playing the year prior and with our biggest competition's QB retiring in Elway.

I was depressed after losing the 3 AFCCGs in my lifetime (especially the 98 and 2010 games), but all 3 of those games we were the underdog......where in 1999 going in I at least felt we were the favorite in the AFC, and to have it all flushed down the drain in the first half of the first game of the season was a gigantic kick in the balls.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Who was that RB that fumbled that caused Vinny to get hurt trying to recover it?? :animal0029:

Let's see, I remember in the mid-80s, I think the Jets were about to lose to the Bills in a meaningless game towards the end of a 6 -10 season, when the entire stadium started chanting "Joe must go!"

Also, I remember the fans chanting "Same old $hit" during a meaningless game at the end of a 4-12 season under that loser, Bruce Coslet in the early 90s.

The loss to Pittsburgh in 2010. Really. Just a completely inexcusable performance from both sides of the ball, coming out unprepared to mismanaging the clock for the entire fourth quarter to Schottenheimer pulling one of the dumbest series of playcalls at the end. The Jets had the better team and should have had a ton of momentum from the NE game the prior week. To make it worse, despite coming out flat they had so many opportunities to take the game and go to the Super Bowl. The collective response afterwards was insane. Passes for everyone because we got to the AFCC. Only other time in my life I have been that furious at a coaching staff was when Riley refused to bench Starks in Game 7.

The loss to Pittsburgh in 2010. Really. Just a completely inexcusable performance from both sides of the ball, coming out unprepared to mismanaging the clock for the entire fourth quarter to Schottenheimer pulling one of the dumbest series of playcalls at the end. The Jets had the better team and should have had a ton of momentum from the NE game the prior week. To make it worse, despite coming out flat they had so many opportunities to take the game and go to the Super Bowl. The collective response afterwards was insane. Passes for everyone because we got to the AFCC. Only other time in my life I have been that furious at a coaching staff was when Riley refused to bench Starks in Game 7.

I have an actual scar from that game. I took the champagne I bought for a hopeful celebration, went outside and smashed it on a tree cutting my hand open at the same time. My only regret is wasting the booze

that was the most genuine feeling of being cursed ever. I'd never been so excited and optimistic heading into a season.

Archived