49ers Release Stevie Johnson

The Troll

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Real Jet fans who watched when Revis was in his prime (2009-2011) know this.  For whatever reason Johnson 

was able to have good games against Revis

He would burn Revis but then ALWAYS do something stupid like fumble or taunting or any other thing that always bailed Revis out for the most part. He scored on Revis a few times

Ammaro blossoming ain't gonna hurt none either. Ivory/Powell or draft a 2nd or 3rd round RB and that's an offense with potential. Now we need a lightening strike of Geno and he wakes up to become 20/10 type QB who doesn't fumble much or get sacked much for 37 yard losses.

FA

If memory serves me, wasn't he one of the few WR's that gave Revis fits? 28 years old, played very well for Gailey, we need wr depth and we won't break the bank. Yea - let's rule him out.

He shat on Revis and he's cheap but I heard he doesn't walk old ladies across the street or volunteer at the YMCA.

To update the post, he in fact, has not been released yet, but it expected to be if he refuses a pay cut.

The 49ers are in cap hell and meltdown mode. Johnson is the 2nd best WR in FA after Cobb if he's cut and most teams need a receiver so he may not take the pay cut. Dez and Drmariyus are going nowhere.

The 49ers are in cap hell and meltdown mode. Johnson is the 2nd best WR in FA after Cobb if he's cut and most teams need a receiver so he may not take the pay cut. Dez and Drmariyus are going nowhere.

Don't forget Maclin may test the Market. However, Stevie will be half the price and under Gailey could put up similar #'s

Only fans "cream themselves" for players tat haven't done anything in two years, but have a dotted line to a coach on the staff. SMH

I literally hope our coaching staff and front office do none of the things the fans have advocated about chasing Gailey's ex-Bills. Much prefer the idea of adding players that can be good now and into the future, rather than were good 2 years ago. Rex always had a hardon for guys that were good a couple years ago. No thanks.

No he isn't.

Only fans "cream themselves" for players tat haven't done anything in two years, but have a dotted line to a coach on the staff. SMH

I literally hope our coaching staff and front office do none of the things the fans have advocated about chasing Gailey's ex-Bills. Much prefer the idea of adding players that can be good now and into the future, rather than were good 2 years ago. Rex always had a hardon for guys that were good a couple years ago. No thanks.

You don't think Kaepernick had anything to do with his numbers? And yes, I realize we have Geno Smith. I'm just asking.

You don't think Kaepernick had anything to do with his numbers? And yes, I realize we have Geno Smith. I'm just asking.

Probably a combination of Kaep and being the 4th or 5th WR, which is on him.

Would he be a good veteran addition for us? Maybe. The way he's being lauded in this thread is laughable.

Probably a combination of Kaep and being the 4th or 5th WR, which is on him.

Would he be a good veteran addition for us? Maybe. The way he's being lauded in this thread is laughable.

I'm a Jets and Rangers fan. No other fan bases blow their guys up like us aside from maybe Cowboy fans. The potential FA guys are always 'The Guy to put us over'.

But yeah, you're right; him being the #4 is on him.

I'm not opposed to the signing. Just saying...I think Kaepernick blows. Product of SportsCenter.

WHY would you not want him? Any competent Jets fan realizes that Stevie Johnson addresses MANY needs for THIS NY Jets team @ this particular point in time:

1) Veteran WR FA - We HAVE TO $$$pend Cap Money. Vets cost more b/c they have higher minimums.

2) He not only KNOWS Gailey's system, It MADE him RELEVANT and SJ had HIS BEST YEARS under Gailey

3) Instant Plug&Play WR who does not need to ACCLIMATE to the NFL like a rookie WR.

4) Non-guaranteed Short term deal so he can walk when the younger prospects ready to contribute> If he's horrendous, cut him.

The same way Jim Leonhard - while not exceptional - is still employed in the NFL b/c he thrived under a certain system. Johnson is that chess piece for Gailey and it'll come pretty cheap for the Jets; low risk high reward. Clarifying I'm still up for drafting a premium WR, but adding SJ has no NEGATIVE ramifications for this team in DIRE NEED of offensive speed & weapons.

Not to mention this guy was the hardest cover for Revis. He used to get the best of Revis unlike anyone else.

Only risk is those days may be past Johnson.

Archived