49ers Release Stevie Johnson

The Troll

However you want to spin it, the facts are Johnson is a better WR than Kerley, the two have completely different skill sets, this is fact, this is what I'm arguing, and there are no flaws with that!

Having different skillsets doesn't make one better. Being better does, and stats which are indicative of outcomes, show they are about equal.

The only thing indicating SJ is better is literally your opinion.

It always makes me laugh that the dopes who can't separate a fact from their own opinion are the first to cause others of spin.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having different skillsets doesn't make one better. Being better does, and stats which are indicative of outcomes, show they are about equal.

The only thing indicating SJ is better is literally your opinion.

It always makes me laugh that the dopes who can't separate a fact from their own opinion are the first to cause others of spin.

So because I don't agree with your assertion that they are equal players, I'm a dope?  Interesting tactic.

The bold again, doesn't make sense.  Two different players, different roles with their respective teams, very different skillsets, and you're wrong, a player's skill does make them better.  It happens in all sports, there are players that are very talented, and not so much.  SJ's talent and ability is better than Kerley's.

When I went to rotoworld yesterday they actually had a blurb saying he was asked to take a pay cut on top of two saying he had already been cut.

Same place I got the info.

If I'm posting from my phone, I'm not linking anything.

So because I don't agree with your assertion that they are equal players, I'm a dope? Interesting tactic.

The bold again, doesn't make sense. Two different players, different roles with their respective teams, very different skillsets, and you're wrong, a player's skill does make them better. It happens in all sports, there are players that are very talented, and not so much. SJ's talent and ability is better than Kerley's.

No, that's not why. I explained why, read better.

You claimed you were presenting facts as your argument. You've done the opposite. You don't know the difference between fact and derp.

However you want to spin it, the facts are Johnson is a better WR than Kerley, the two have completely different skill sets, this is fact, this is what I'm arguing, and there are no flaws with that!

But the real question is Steve Johnson better than Jacoby Ford or Chaz Schilens? Because that's how the jets are winning a Super Bowl with Matt Moore throwing to a Schilens or Clyde Gates while Mariota waits on the sideline for 10 years to learn a pro style offense.

No, that's not why. I explained why, read better.

You claimed you were presenting facts as your argument. You've done the opposite. You don't know the difference between fact and derp.

I read just fine

I did present facts

You just don't like them or agree with them, which is fine, but your pissing contest is boring me.

I read just fine

I did present facts

You just don't like them or agree with them, which is fine, but your pissing contest is boring me.

Present facts are that both receivers have produced similar stats for 2 years.

Your opinion is that SJ is still better, be cause 'skillset'.

You literally have no ******* clue how to differentiate fact from opinion.

I'm in favor of NOT signing any free agent WRs. It would imply drafting one high, and I see more potential in this WR draft class than in the FA market. In fact, I think we should draft several WRs this year (again).

Our plan should be:

Buy some defense, Buy some OL

Trade to get the QB

Draft the WRs and RBs (high)

Present facts are that both receivers have produced similar stats for 2 years.

Your opinion is that SJ is still better, be cause 'skillset'.

You literally have no ******* clue how to differentiate fact from opinion.

When I pointed out his stats from his 2010 and 2012 years, as a #1 WR and then the fact he got injured in 2013, and then moved under a new regime and an offense that struggled.  These were all facts, you disputing this?

You want to compare SJ's numbers this past season with Kerley, which fits your little spin, because both were used in similar roles.   SJ wasn't going to play ahead of Boldin and Crabtree, and when he did because the other players were injured, he put up big numbers.  Nevermind that, the SF offense struggled all year, Kaep struggled all year.  Kerely was a consistent option for the Jets because Decker missed a lot of time and still put up on #3 WR numbers because that is all he is, teams can take him out of a game plan, his strength is inside, SJ has a larger skill set because of his ability to play outside and because of his size.  Notice how Kerley's numbers dropped when Harvin came in and started to become a bigger part of the offense, and Decker got healthy? 

Taking it a step further, Kerley was a target 75 times throughout the year, and played in 3 more games, and was a more consistent option with the Jets with lesser players ahead of him until Decker was healthy and Harvin was traded for.   SJ was a target 75 times played 3 less games and still put up slightly better stats with players playing consistently ahead of him.

I can do this all day...

Again, I don't agree with you, you don't agree with that, let's leave it at that.

Enough of your grandiose machoism.

When I pointed out his stats from his 2010 and 2012 years, as a #1 WR and then the fact he got injured in 2013, and then moved under a new regime and an offense that struggled. These were all facts, you disputing this?

You want to compare SJ's numbers this past season with Kerley, which fits your little spin, because both were used in similar roles. SJ wasn't going to play ahead of Boldin and Crabtree, and when he did because the other players were injured, he put up big numbers. Nevermind that, the SF offense struggled all year, Kaep struggled all year. Kerely was a consistent option for the Jets because Decker missed a lot of time and still put up on #3 WR numbers because that is all he is, teams can take him out of a game plan, his strength is inside, SJ has a larger skill set because of his ability to play outside and because of his size. Notice how Kerley's numbers dropped when Harvin came in and started to become a bigger part of the offense, and Decker got healthy?

Taking it a step further, Kerley was a target 75 times throughout the year, and played in 3 more games, and was a more consistent option with the Jets with lesser players ahead of him until Decker was healthy and Harvin was traded for. SJ was a target 75 times played 3 less games and still put up slightly better stats with players playing consistently ahead of him.

I can do this all day...

Again, I don't agree with you, you don't agree with that, let's leave it at that.

Enough of your grandiose machoism.

I'm not spinning anything. Stats care stats dude, spin is typing up several paragraphs of narrative to explain away the stats with an alternative reality that aligns with opinion, your opinion, a wrong opinion.

You can do this all day? Do what exactly? Showcase your inability to distinguish fact from opinion? Type all you want, you'll get the same response. Stevie Johnson isn't 'the answer'. I'm sorry for your lack of imagination, but I have higher expectations of this new regime than rebuilding the 2012 Bills offense.

Rex Ryan is a big fan of building the team with guys based on what they did 2-3 years ago, perhaps the Bills need your insights.

Also, Stevie Johnson is a 49er. Not even an option for us. You go girl!

I'm not spinning anything. Stats care stats dude, spin is typing up several paragraphs of narrative to explain away the stats with an alternative reality that aligns with opinion, your opinion, a wrong opinion.

You can do this all day? Do what exactly? Showcase your inability to distinguish fact from opinion? Type all you want, you'll get the same response. Stevie Johnson isn't 'the answer'. I'm sorry for your lack of imagination, but I have higher expectations of this new regime than rebuilding the 2012 Bills offense.

Rex Ryan is a big fan of building the team with guys based on what they did 2-3 years ago, perhaps the Bills need your insights.

Also, Stevie Johnson is a 49er. Not even an option for us. You go girl!

I never said anything about rebuilding the 2012 Bills offense as our offense, never said "Stevie Johnson was 'the answer'"

Now you're just spinning and twisting in the wind because you need the last word in an argument on the internet

Get over yourself.

I'd much rather they pay Stevie Johnson 5 mil per than Cobb 9 or 10.  If that's the choice it's a no brainer.

THIS!  My only issue is Stevie Johnson can be something of a bonehead at times.  I hope he has matured past that. 

Lol, is someone seriously comparing Kerley to Stevie Johnson?  The guy who used to give Revis fits and had two 1,000 yard seasons?  Talk about overrating our talent... Kerley is the very definition of a JAG; enough already.  Johnson is no superstar but has already proved he can excel in Gaileys offense and would be a very nice compliment to Decker.  Kerley is who he is; a decent slot receiver. 

At the right cost it might be a great move. If the JETS get him for a one year 3-5 mill deal with performance clauses and low guarantees it would be a great move. Allows the the flexibility to not overpay at this position in FA and not have to reach for a need in the draft. They can still get a solid WR in the 2nd and 3rd rounds of the draft.

I never said anything about rebuilding the 2012 Bills offense as our offense, never said "Stevie Johnson was 'the answer'"

Now you're just spinning and twisting in the wind because you need the last word in an argument on the internet

Get over yourself.

No, you're right, you said Stevie Johnson is a magic pony and that is fact. Statistics are make believe.

We don't need Stevie.

Kerley:

2015: A $2 million base salary ($1 million guaranteed for injury only at the time of signing; it becomes fully guaranteed on the fifth day of the league year. Cap charge: $2.6 million. 

2016: A $2.5 million base salary. Cap charge: $3.1 million. 

2017: A $3.0 million base salary. Cap charge: $3.6 million. 

2018: A $3.5 million base salary. Cap charge: $4.1 million.

People need to remember what a mess San Fran was last year. It's impossible to judge him off of last year. 

I wouldn't bring him in and tell him to start outside. Put him in the slot and draft a wide out that could hopefully play outside (Cooper? White? DGB in rnd 2?)

Parker

so we gonna sign Stevie?

At this point there are very few players I would object to bringing in if they are under the age of 30 and had sustained success any time over the past few years only to see a drop in production as a result of injury or change of scenery.  Stevie Johnson is one of those guys. 

Absolutely no reason not to give his agent a call and find out what kind of money they're looking for at the very least.

No I think we just keep Harvin and draft Scherff at 6.

I'd take SJ over Harvin.  Cheaper, more durable, more productive, history with Gailey, no locker room issues that we're aware of.  Could be great if willing to work out of the slot...was fantastic for SF in that role when he played last season.

I'd take SJ over Harvin. Cheaper, more durable, more productive, history with Gailey, no locker room issues that we're aware of. Could be great if willing to work out of the slot...was fantastic for SF in that role when he played last season.

SJ not signing with us to be a backup WR again. Been there and has the t-shirt.

SJ not signing with us to be a backup WR again. Been there and has the t-shirt.

Unlikely indeed...but if given the choice I'd prefer him. 

More reports on Harvin BTW....

The Jets are expected to release WR Percy Harvin on Tuesday (Mehta, March 10).

Cutting Harvin will help the Jets avoid dealing a higher pick and will save $10 million a year (ESPN, Feb. 11).

Harvin has four years and $41 million remaining on his contract, and if he’s still with the Jets after March 19, New York owes Seattle a fourth-round pick. If he’s cut before then, it’s a sixth-round pick.

Archived